The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 17th, 2019 at 6:31:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
in a New York Times op-ed, the group — which includes lawyer George T. Conway and former GOP strategist Steve Schmidt — announced the formation of the Lincoln Project, a super PAC aimed at persuading enough disaffected conservatives and independents in swing states to tip the vote against Trump and defeat pro-Trump congressional candidates, even at risk of losing Republican control of the Senate.
Organizers said they plan to begin purchasing television and digital ads in January.

“Our efforts will be dedicated to defeating President Trump and Trumpism at the ballot box and to elect those patriots who will hold the line,” Conway and Schmidt wrote in the editorial, also signed by Republican operatives John Weaver and Rick Wilson. “Our many policy differences with national Democrats remain, but our shared fidelity to the Constitution dictates a common effort.”

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elections-2020/foiled-in-2016-never-trump-republicans-launch-new-super-pac-in-effort-to-oust-trump-in-2020/ar-BBY6awa?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2019 at 6:39:40 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: rxwine
Of the seven deadly sins -- Trump

pride, greed, lust, envy, and wrath

Definitely forgot gluttony.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 17th, 2019 at 8:42:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades

Nobody can argue with any of
the facts in the letter. It was
drafted by Mark Levin and
Shawn Hannity more than
likely, sounds nothing like
Trump.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2019 at 8:46:01 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
You can argue all of the things that weren't facts.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/17/politics/fact-check-trump-impeachment-letter-to-pelosi/index.html

Facts were few, and far between.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 17th, 2019 at 9:16:16 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Dalex64
You can argue all of the things that weren't facts.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/17/politics/fact-check-trump-impeachment-letter-to-pelosi/index.html

Facts were few, and far between.

The most fact challenged US president in history. I'd bet on it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 17th, 2019 at 9:29:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64

LOLOLOLOL!!

CNN fact checking something is
like asking your dog to guard
your steak dinner and expecting
it to be there when you return.
Epic fail every time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 17th, 2019 at 9:45:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Anybody see CNN's own talking heads
losing it over their own poll today?
It's WRONG, how can it go from
90% of Dems support impeachment
to 77% in a month. Fire the pollster!
LOLOL

December 17th, 2019 at 9:54:17 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Donny is the first US President with six extra inches of leg room.

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 18th, 2019 at 5:17:46 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
LOLOL

This is the natural result of the farce the Democrats put on in the Intelligence and Judiciary Committees! People who dislike Trump were shown the blatant disregard for fairness, as well as the lack of incontrovertible evidence, and changed their minds. The 13% of the Democrats that change their minds still will not be voting for Trump, but they have realized that the correct way to remove him is through the ballot box, not this sham impeachment. It is a stunning change actually. No impeachment Democrats MORE THAN DOUBLED after seeing the ‘inquiry’. MORE THAN DOUBLED.
December 18th, 2019 at 10:50:22 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
Quote: Evenbob
LOLOL

This is the natural result of the farce the Democrats put on in the Intelligence and Judiciary Committees! People who dislike Trump were shown the blatant disregard for fairness, as well as the lack of incontrovertible evidence, and changed their minds. The 13% of the Democrats that change their minds still will not be voting for Trump, but they have realized that the correct way to remove him is through the ballot box, not this sham impeachment. It is a stunning change actually. No impeachment Democrats MORE THAN DOUBLED after seeing the ‘inquiry’. MORE THAN DOUBLED.

I've always maintained that I could see the impeachment inquiry politically helping Trump. While I think it's way too early to draw any conclusions, I do think that the numbers above have to be politically concerning to democrats. What's also interesting is hearing conservatives boast about these numbers. A significantly larger chunk of the public supports removing Trump than supported removing Clinton. So while there may be a silver lining with these numbers, I wouldn't be running around screaming about how Trump's a shoe-in for re-election because of them. These numbers are STILL not good for Donald Trump!

Ironically, this only confirms why I feel I've found a home with the Democrat Party. Nancy Pelosi did NOT want to impeach Donald Trump. She resisted the effort from an aggressive caucus who did. Donald Trump, not anybody else, forced their hand, and they've chosen to do the right thing, politics of it to be damned. They knew that impeaching would be politically risky and polarizing, but Trump put them into a corner where they have no choice! I want to support people who I feel are doing what's right in their heart and upholding their oath they swore to when we elected them. I don't want to support people that follow the polls. Leaders shape polls, they don't follow them.

If endangering our national security for personal political gain is not impeachable, nothing is impeachable.