The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 15th, 2019 at 1:04:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Yes.

You’ve been saying Trump will win in a landslide in 2020 for years now (lol). What does this change?

Bigger landslide and the
taking back of congress.
There is already congressmen
switching parties from Dem
to Rep over the impeachment
debacle.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 15th, 2019 at 4:10:11 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
You mean, even a bigger margin of victory than 46th out of 58?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_presidential_elections_by_Electoral_College_margin

Aim high.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 15th, 2019 at 5:42:04 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Tell me again about how impeachment is backfiring on the Dems....

Once again, you show you just do not understand how a President gets elected. If this poll was just NY and Cali it might be 80% to impeach and remove. What matters is Florida, Ohio, Nevada, etc... If you show me a poll from any battleground state showing 50% want him impeached it will mean something. Oh, you can't.......
December 15th, 2019 at 6:32:40 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
If you show me a poll from any battleground state showing 50% want him impeached it will mean something. Oh, you can't.......

I haven’t seen many (any?) impeachment polls by state like that, but I’d bet that the percent that favors impeachment is greater than the percent that doesn’t in many of them... (though maybe not at your magic 50% level).
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2019 at 6:35:54 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
A quick Google search:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/470286-plurality-in-battleground-states-support-trumps-impeachment-poll

Quote:
Priorities USA surveyed 2,500 voters in Florida, Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania — four states that went for Trump in 2016 — and found that 49 percent support impeachment and removal, compared to 45 percent who oppose it.

The worst margins for Trump are in Florida, where 51 percent of respondents support impeachment and 45 oppose it. In Michigan, 50 percent support impeachment and removal compared to 45 percent who are opposed.

The margins are closer in Wisconsin, at 48 percent-45 percent in support of impeachment and removal, and in Pennsylvania, where voters are split 47 percent-47 percent.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 15th, 2019 at 6:37:03 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

Once again, you show you just do not understand how a President gets elected. If this poll was just NY and Cali it might be 80% to impeach and remove. What matters is Florida, Ohio, Nevada, etc... If you show me a poll from any battleground state showing 50% want him impeached it will mean something. Oh, you can't.......

Uhm, yeah. Sure. That poll has nothing to do with how a president is elected. It didn't even ask who they were going to vote for.

This is a national poll. Similar to the one that showed more people wanted Clinton as president instead of Trump. The electoral college has nothing to do with it.

In battleground states, 44% support impeach and remove, 51% opposed.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/03/americans-are-split-impeachment-just-like-they-were-before-public-hearings/

But this isn't really a geography thing.
Near 85% of democrats support impeach and remove
Near 84% of republicans oppose it.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 15th, 2019 at 7:18:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
About 100 million people didn't vote in the 2016 election. Interesting if more should register and turn out this next time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 16th, 2019 at 9:42:45 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

Once again, you show you just do not understand how a President gets elected. If this poll was just NY and Cali it might be 80% to impeach and remove. What matters is Florida, Ohio, Nevada, etc... If you show me a poll from any battleground state showing 50% want him impeached it will mean something.

Thanks for making the argument to abolish the EC. You're right, America elects presidents based on what a few states do and it's f**ked up.
December 16th, 2019 at 10:17:48 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan

Once again, you show you just do not understand how a President gets elected. If this poll was just NY and Cali it might be 80% to impeach and remove. What matters is Florida, Ohio, Nevada, etc... If you show me a poll from any battleground state showing 50% want him impeached it will mean something.

Thanks for making the argument to abolish the EC. You're right, America elects presidents based on what a few states do and it's f**ked up.

Someone can fact check me of coarse, but didn't trump win 30+ states? And didn't Clinton not even win 20?

I see Dalex quoted polls showing over half of the people in the battleground states were opposed to impeachment. Quite surprisingly, cough cough, ams found polls showing something different. I am content to wait until next November to see what the one poll that counts says.
December 16th, 2019 at 1:07:56 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6

Damn, SOOPOO's on a roll destroying the libbies once again! I love it!! 👍👍