The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 9th, 2019 at 11:37:41 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
There's a large number of people who don't care what Rush thinks about anything.

Haven't you heard? Rush is never wrong.

Yes, I used to listen to him but it got tiring. Same with Hannity. He was good with Flipper way back when, but his act is old.

They do get things right. They also get things wrong. There are others on all sides of the spectrum that aren't as much "show" but have more substance in a shorter amount of time.
December 9th, 2019 at 11:51:08 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: Dalex64
My point was, it isn't congress's place to investigate what Joe Biden once he was out office.

It is interesting, this whole thing about starting an investigation where something may or may not have happened before an election even takes place. Someone just has to figure out how to get it done...

After watching the three-ring circus playing out in Congress right now, I am not sure they even know how to do an investigation. Yes, I disagree with the impeachment but I hope some of you on the other side of the aisle are willing to admit that there is some funky business going on in the area of who is being allowed to do what in the hearings--like ignoring the request for a minority hearing.

The theatrics of it are pretty simple...one side is calling Trump the epitome of evil and the other side says nothing happened, please move along. I feel like the President would have been better served without saying anything about an investigation and without holding up the money for whatever reason (political gain or to make sure the work on corruption, whichever flavor of kool aid you like), but that impeachment based on what has been presented is over the top and the rush to get it done by Christmas is silly.

If you are going to do something, do it right. Follow the precedents, wrap the package up in a nice, tidy bow, and send it on to the Senate. Set precedents, if you must, that you will find acceptable if the shoe ends up on the other foot.
December 10th, 2019 at 1:28:20 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
There's a large number of people who don't care what Rush thinks about anything.

And there are an incredible amount
who do. Dismiss him at your own
peril. Been a listener for 30 years
and he always has the pulse of the
nation, like him or not. Never heard
a single person trash him who was
a regular listener. That would be
ludicrous. Most are like Al Franken,
who wrote a book about Rush and
never listened to a single show.
Poor Al, whatever happened to him..
lol
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 10th, 2019 at 3:49:01 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: RonC
After watching the three-ring circus playing out in Congress right now, I am not sure they even know how to do an investigation. Yes, I disagree with the impeachment but I hope some of you on the other side of the aisle are willing to admit that there is some funky business going on in the area of who is being allowed to do what in the hearings--like ignoring the request for a minority hearing.

I still balance that with the fact that the President won't let 3 top guys testify.

I'm also not worried about Biden getting away with anything. A senator, and a bunch of the right wing media are on the job. They will dog him until he drops out of the race or doesn't get elected. If he does get elected they will keep dogging him.

Let's say the President gets impeached and convicted, then suddenly brings those 3 witnesses forward afterwards and who testify under oath that everything was just as Trump said.

WTF? Why would he wait if he can do that?! I say good riddance even then for such a stupid move.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 10th, 2019 at 5:28:43 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Rush said something interesting today.

Lie.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 10th, 2019 at 6:19:14 AM permalink
RonC
I still balance that with the fact that the President won't let 3 top guys testify.

I see that as problematic, but the Democrats chose to rush the process and not use the courts to decide whether they could be forced to testify. If the rulings came in the Democrats favor, the whole process could have gone in a different direction, depending on the testimony. The direction they took all but guaranteed that the President would be impeached and not convicted.

It is true that time was not in the favor regarding the 2020 election, but they would likely have four more years to finish him off and they would have had a much cleaner process.

Let's say the President gets impeached and convicted, then suddenly brings those 3 witnesses forward afterwards and who testify under oath that everything was just as Trump said.

WTF? Why would he wait if he can do that?! I say good riddance even then for such a stupid move.

He's going to be impeached. Less than a 1% chance of conviction and removal.
December 10th, 2019 at 7:06:54 AM permalink
RonC
President Trump can win the election in 2020 and the Dems may retain the House.

Will they figure out a way to make him the first President to be impeached more than once?
December 10th, 2019 at 7:26:09 AM permalink
RonC
Is announcing the USMCA within minutes of announcing the articles of impeachment a coincidence, or an attempt to muddle the news cycle?
December 10th, 2019 at 9:34:40 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Is announcing the USMCA within minutes of announcing the articles of impeachment a coincidence, or an attempt to muddle the news cycle?

Not a coincidence, definitely an attempt to muddle the news cycle.
Let's go Brandon
December 10th, 2019 at 9:35:24 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0

They've been negotiating for months with both sides wanting ti done before the election cycle of 2020.

But you're right, nobody is talking about the stupid conspiracy that Horowitz debunked. Not to worry, I'm sure the republicans are cooking up their next big lie to fool gullible people.