The Trump Impeachment Thread

December 7th, 2019 at 4:28:18 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: SOOPOO
Will you be saying the same thing during a Senate trial? When none of the witnesses that were put forth by the Democrats in the house are permitted to testify because the party in charge has decided that they have no worthwhile evidence? That McConnell can just say these are the articles of impeachment. I believe (could be wrong) that the majority decides who will be lead prosecutor, which witnesses are permitted, etc....

I’m not claiming to be an expert by any means but I do know that’s not how it works in the Senate. Chief Justice John Roberts has final rule over a lot of this.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 7th, 2019 at 5:40:15 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Quite frankly, your inability to understand the quite simple concepts of impeachable offenses amaze me
The Dems have no choice but to start impeachment proceedings not due to politics but due to Trumps actions
If it helps him, so be it. To not impeach because you think it helps elect him is playing politics. Why cant you understand this.

I do understand that Ed. I do understand that there are allegations of impeachable offenses. It seems to me that there is not enough evidence to convince a single Republican in the House or senate that any allegation has been proven to any degree.
I am not against a Democrat house member for voting to impeach, but all I ask is that they let the minority(Republicans) at least present a defense.
I AGREE with you that if you believe he has committed impeachable offenses, it is correct to do the impeachment even at your own personal political peril.

There is likely so much more to 'aid' negotiations that cannot be made public. Let's say we (Trump) was aware of a rogue Ukranian General who he was afraid was going to use the missiles on civilian areas in Russia. Perhaps aid was withheld until this general was fired. You think this information should be made public? There are dozens of such scenarios that need to be kept private. Since no one would be stupid enough to testify to the leaking Democrats in Congress, how would such exculpatory information be presented?

I know my example is extremely unlikely and far fetched, but there are many such things that can happen in these situations. The American people elected Trump, and, wisely or not, gave him the power and authority to be the one to make these decisions. The American people can choose to change their minds next November.
December 7th, 2019 at 9:49:40 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
The American people can choose to change their minds next November.

That argument is particularly bad when the alleged crime involves trying to illegally game the election. No reason at all to wait.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 7th, 2019 at 10:37:41 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: rxwine
That argument is particularly bad when the alleged crime involves trying to illegally game the election. No reason at all to wait.

This fact will never ever sink into his head.
December 7th, 2019 at 12:12:21 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Since "everyone" here knows that the Bidens did "nothing wrong", how could an investigation of the Biden's help President Trump in the upcoming election??

Or maybe "everyone" knows that an investigation of the Bidens would uncover wrong doing and sink Quid Pro Joe's chance of being president.

Additionally, since when does a candidate running for office have immunity from being investigated??
Let's go Brandon
December 7th, 2019 at 12:42:02 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: fleaswatter
Since "everyone" here knows that the Bidens did "nothing wrong", how could an investigation of the Biden's help President Trump in the upcoming election??

Or maybe "everyone" knows that an investigation of the Bidens would uncover wrong doing and sink Quid Pro Joe's chance of being president.

Additionally, since when does a candidate running for office have immunity from being investigated??

This seems desperate.
December 7th, 2019 at 1:36:27 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Biden doesn't seem to be a matter that falls under congressional oversight. Is it?

Isn't it something that the justice department can and should take up if there is something to it?
What's stopping them?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
December 7th, 2019 at 1:49:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: fleaswatter
sink Quid Pro Joe.

I laughed out loud at that.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 7th, 2019 at 2:12:12 PM permalink
ams288
Quote: Dalex64
Isn't it something that the justice department can and should take up if there is something to it?
What's stopping them?

Joe isn’t the nominee yet. That corrupt and crooked piece of sh** Bill Barr will open some phony investigation into WHOEVER the nominee is. It’s not time yet. He’ll wait till closer to the election to help his boy Donny.
December 7th, 2019 at 2:16:16 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
Joe isn’t the nominee yet. That corrupt and crooked piece of sh** Bill Barr will open some phony investigation

And we're hoping he's the most corrupt
and crooked POS that ever held that
office do he can sock it to these
traitorous a-holes.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.