The Trump Impeachment Thread

November 19th, 2019 at 1:12:28 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You know things are going badly
when CNN's in house lawyer says
things like this:

TURLEY: It is a very sketchy basis. I have to tell you, I do not believe they’ve made out a case for bribery either under the modern definition or how the framers understood it... If the Democrats are honestly going to try to take the Ukrainian controversy and pound that square peg into a round hole of bribery, I don’t think it’s gonna work. If they try to make this a bribery case without something far stronger, I think it’s gonna collapse.

And collapsing it is, all around
them. Nobody can even find
the word bribery in any of
the deposition transcripts and
both witnesses today said they
never heard it mentioned by
anybody. Schitt and Pelosi
cooked it up out of this air.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 19th, 2019 at 2:48:11 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Quote: rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
[

"Trump is guilty of all this shit, but God, how can we not go after the Biden crime family?" Please have ONE Democrat (or libbie board member here, for that matter) please explain any possible reason for Hunter Biden was given a 7 figure job by a Ukrainian company? Other than he is the son of Joe Biden? And thus would affect US policy towards Ukraine? I'll even take a joke answer.....

I'm sure every Trump loyalist is digging up every old news item, old papers, through Biden's garbage. It will be published all over rightwing websites if they find anything.

I'm waiting for them to find something.

It's shameful how many good people they've tried to tear down in order to prop this corrupt man up.

I guess we define ‘good people’ differently. A good VP tells his son no f....ing way you take the Ukrainian board position for the millions in easy money. Did Joe? You don’t think Joe knew about it? You put don’t think Joe knew how unethical it was? Please.... what do you mean by waiting to find something? It’s found already!

As I’ve said.. Trump has done bad things. We agree. Let’s find ONE Democrat with balls to call out Jie.
November 19th, 2019 at 2:57:13 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: Tripdufan
[

"Trump is guilty of all this shit, but God, how can we not go after the Biden crime family?" Please have ONE Democrat (or libbie board member here, for that matter) please explain any possible reason for Hunter Biden was given a 7 figure job by a Ukrainian company? Other than he is the son of Joe Biden? And thus would affect US policy towards Ukraine? I'll even take a joke answer.....

I'm sure every Trump loyalist is digging up every old news item, old papers, through Biden's garbage. It will be published all over rightwing websites if they find anything.

I'm waiting for them to find something.

It's shameful how many good people they've tried to tear down in order to prop this corrupt man up.

I guess we define ‘good people’ differently. A good VP tells his son no f....ing way you take the Ukrainian board position for the millions in easy money. Did Joe? You don’t think Joe knew about it? You put don’t think Joe knew how unethical it was? Please.... what do you mean by waiting to find something? It’s found already!

As I’ve said.. Trump has done bad things. We agree. Let’s find ONE Democrat with balls to call out Jie.

Nothing to call out. Every person testified thus far has said while the appearance can be problematic, they don't believe Joe Biden did anything wrong and there is no evidence suggesting he did. Some people can do THEIR job regardless of what their kids are doing or what any of their friends are doing. Cracks me up that conservatives are up in arms about Hunter Biden, but Jared Kushner can't get a security clearance, and he is supposedly working on...stuff?, like peace in the ME. You really concerned about nepotism or are you just towing the party line? Pretty obvious.

Still waiting for ANY evidence that the Bidens are a "crime family". Pretty strong accusations. Decades of public service. Shouldn't be hard. Go.
November 19th, 2019 at 2:57:29 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

You seem really desperate to make this all about the Bidens.

You used the word “unethical” - and I’d agree, taking that easy money was unethical! But you have consistently failed to be able to point to anything that was done being illegal.

So if we draw the line at politicians and their families not being allowed to do unethical things, you don’t think the Trump children would be absolutely screwed?!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
November 19th, 2019 at 5:00:47 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

You know both things can be true. Biden could be guilty as El Chapo, but Trump performing illegal actions is still illegal.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 19th, 2019 at 8:32:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
but Trump performing illegal actions is still illegal.

When will those come up in
the hearings, so far they
haven't.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 19th, 2019 at 9:09:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Vindman lied under oath; https://www.citizenfreepress.com/breaking/vindman-just-lied-under-oath/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 19th, 2019 at 9:27:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph

Nothing burger.

I was watching that part. The interruption didn't allow a clean flow of information. In other spots where that is going on, they went back and clarify something when people start interrupting or talking over each other.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 19th, 2019 at 9:34:20 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: Evenbob
And collapsing it is, all around
them. Nobody can even find
the word bribery in any of
the deposition transcripts and
both witnesses today said they
never heard it mentioned by
anybody. Schitt and Pelosi
cooked it up out of this air.

Your nothing burger doesn't even have a bun.

Making up some rule that if you didn't say a specific word early on it's legally binding.
November 19th, 2019 at 9:47:08 PM permalink
rxwine
I know SOOPOO doesn't think, even if what is alleged is true, it's enough of a crime.

But Democrats in the Senate are going to ask one question of the Republicans during the trial.

Are you trying to say ANY FUTURE President withholding public funds for personal gain won't be an impeachable offense? Is that the precedent you want to set?"

Also, if you don't think someone can't be convicted on circumstantial evidence, or the President has to say something explicit. Think again. Many criminal convictions are based on circumstantial evidence