Threads: 29
#RampGate intensifies!

https://twitter.com/billkristol/status/1272234840432263169?s=21
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 14th, 2020 at 12:14:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Walking down a ramp forces Trump fully into seeing the real world for a few moments. A rare experience.

He always watches his where
he puts his feet when walking.
Turning 70 does that to you,
you'll see. Naw, probably not.

I'm younger than Trump and
I'm extremely careful. Falling
is always an issue after 65. It's
no joke.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 14th, 2020 at 12:34:54 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: Evenbob
He always watches his where
he puts his feet when walking.
Turning 70 does that to you,
you'll see. Naw, probably not.

I'm younger than Trump and
I'm extremely careful. Falling
is always an issue after 65. It's
no joke.

It's funny, the libbies make fun of Trump for avoiding a fall, yet they completely ignored when Hillary actually fell lol!

June 14th, 2020 at 12:52:49 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: ams288
lol, this NYT article will trigger Donny. And on his birthday, what a shame!

Trump’s Halting Walk Down Ramp Raises New Health Questions

Major news outlets in America during a pandemic and civil unrest, ladies and gentlemen.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 14th, 2020 at 1:01:18 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: AZDuffman
Where and how, exactly, are conservatives against "workplace equality?" Can you please provide an example?

Some women do make it to the top on their own merits. Sarah Palin did that politically. Kamala Harris, OTOH, slept her way into power. Hillary only made it because of who her husband was, if not for Bill she would be some attorney in a legal office that everyone hated to work with. If there are going to be quotas, official or unofficial, of slots that need to be held by women then they most women will be questioned. That is how it works when you set quotas and goals based on gender.

Not every single Conservative is against it, and in fact, most of them are not. Your tendency in posting seems to be making the majority of Liberals the problem and taking any criticism about any subset or minority of Conservatives to be about all Conservatives.

Sarah Palin, maybe as Mayor and Governor. I think she was a politically convenient---and not altogether poor strategic---choice for VP. I know almost nothing about Kamala Harris. I disagree on Hillary Clinton, in terms of final outcome, but I agree that being married to President Clinton helped. I don't see why she couldn't have had a successful political career without him, particularly in New York.

I don't necessarily support gender-based goals, I support best candidate for the job as long as hiring one over another is at least defensible, promoting, etc. I think the problem is gender-based goals came about because there was gender-based discrimination in the first place---which is largely the fault of Christians and their antiquated model of what a woman should be.

Quote:
"Toxic masculinity" is just misandry. Men are supposed to act like men. As to your slight on Christians, well, IMHO a huge reason for the high divorce rate is women who want to be married but do not want to be wives. Straight guys do not want a woman who acts like a guy. They want a woman who acts like a woman.

If we had more men acting like men we would be better off in this country.

This section stands on its own just fine without me adding anything.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 14th, 2020 at 1:04:43 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Mission146
lol, this NYT article will trigger Donny. And on his birthday, what a shame!

Trump’s Halting Walk Down Ramp Raises New Health Questions

Major news outlets in America during a pandemic and civil unrest, ladies and gentlemen.

They are capable of publishing more than one story a day, thankfully.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 14th, 2020 at 1:08:00 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator

They are capable of publishing more than one story a day, thankfully.

(Bold added to quote)

If you say so.
June 14th, 2020 at 1:30:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Not every single Conservative is against it, and in fact, most of them are not. Your tendency in posting seems to be making the majority of Liberals the problem and taking any criticism about any subset or minority of Conservatives to be about all Conservatives.

Sarah Palin, maybe as Mayor and Governor. I think she was a politically convenient---and not altogether poor strategic---choice for VP. I know almost nothing about Kamala Harris. I disagree on Hillary Clinton, in terms of final outcome, but I agree that being married to President Clinton helped. I don't see why she couldn't have had a successful political career without him, particularly in New York.

Still wanting to see what you mean against "workplace equity." But as to the rest....

Sarah made it to mayor and governor on her own. Not on her husband's name. Not on her father's name. VP choices are a strange lot. Some people work to get on the list and some just find their name on it. Being a governor is always a good way to do it.

But Hillary making it on her own? No way on earth. The woman has zero in the way of people skills. She was handed the job of Senator and did at best an average job. She was a disaster as Sec of State. She was put in charge of what became Hillarycare and that was so bad the Democrats would not even vote on it. She had more than a few ethical problems when she was an attorney. She is considered the reason Bill lost his governorship at first. She is afraid to take any position on anything unless she thinks it has been tested to benefit her.

If she were put into a law office one by one people would start hating her. She might keep 1-2 people who liked her, but the rest would hate her. She is selfish. When she was elected senator she did not follow the custom of letting her opponent make his concession speech firsts, she just made a victory speech right over him. (The idea her is let local TV cover both, it is simple consideration to the loser.) When she lost POTUS she was too much a coward to concede that night, or even appear. Of course, rumor is she was throwing a temper tantrum.

Quote:
I don't necessarily support gender-based goals, I support best candidate for the job as long as hiring one over another is at least defensible, promoting, etc. I think the problem is gender-based goals came about because there was gender-based discrimination in the first place---which is largely the fault of Christians and their antiquated model of what a woman should be.

What do Christians have to do with it? Males dominated every society on the globe until the 1960s. As to "antiquated" you might be surprised if you actually found out how many women would prefer to stay home with the kids if they could. I was the only guy on a team once and one day 2-3 of them were lamenting that they had to go to work everyday and wished it was as it was before.

I look at feminists and see women who spend their lives angry or miserable. Traditional women are typically in a better mood and nicer to be around.
The President is a fink.
June 14th, 2020 at 2:44:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I agree that being married to President Clinton helped. I don't see why she couldn't have had a successful political career without him, particularly in New York.

But She certainly didn't think that.
She didn't even like Bill much. Old
friends have said she married him
because he obviously was going
places politically and she wanted
his coattails. She almost got there,
but for The Donald..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 14th, 2020 at 2:49:26 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
If you're not marrying the person, it's just called networking. All the same.

Networking has nothing to do with ability, it's just developing the right connections.

Stop blaming a perfectly good business model.

Ya'll know so little about business.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?