2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

June 14th, 2020 at 8:17:44 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146

I mean, do you seriously not remember, "Thanks, Obama," culture? It's not like the right wasn't doing the same exact thing when Obama was in office, though granted, they probably weren't as loud about it. I think that's actually to Obama's credit---he didn't go out of his way to say/tweet things that would p*** them off.

That has nothing to do with Obama. The right does not have time to protest all day because people on the right spend their days at some sort of job. People on the right do not burn their towns. They do not loot. They go about their lives. Most importantly, they do not blame the POTUS if they have a lack of success in life. They do not let the fact that groups like the Irish, slavs, etc were mistreated 150 years before they were born.

But the big difference is that people on the right see people on the left as misguided and maybe a bit nuts. People on the left hate the fact that they share the planet with people on the right. People on the right will interact with people on the left. They are not going to a "Glee" watch party, but they deal with them. People on the left actively avoid anyone not on the left and will admit they would not even want to be friends with someone on the right.
The President is a fink.
June 14th, 2020 at 9:06:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
That has nothing to do with Obama. The right does not have time to protest all day because people on the right spend their days at some sort of job. People on the right do not burn their towns. They do not loot. They go about their lives. Most importantly, they do not blame the POTUS if they have a lack of success in life. They do not let the fact that groups like the Irish, slavs, etc were mistreated 150 years before they were born.

But the big difference is that people on the right see people on the left as misguided and maybe a bit nuts. People on the left hate the fact that they share the planet with people on the right. People on the right will interact with people on the left. They are not going to a "Glee" watch party, but they deal with them. People on the left actively avoid anyone not on the left and will admit they would not even want to be friends with someone on the right.

Yeah, they sit around on the internet all day long when they are not at work and cry about Liberals on obscure message boards, that I will not identify. Or Facebook. Or Twitter. Or Incel boards. Or, listen to far right wing talk show hosts who will validate their beliefs in their vacuous echo chambers.

They comment---endlessly---and with a tremendous bias on affairs that generally have no direct impact on them.

They become Incels who despise women and oppose womens rights because, lacking virtually any trace of humanity whatsoever and having no concerns in life aside from working and hating the left; they have few interests and probably wouldn't even know how to talk to a woman in person. Even if they did get into a relationship, they'd probably see how far they could push ridiculous far-right rhetoric with whoever they are with---just for the sake of doing so. And then, when the women would leave those guys, well---we won't get into those terms that would be used.

But, the women have left those guys, which as far as they are concerned proves the underlying assertions they were making about women all along. And, the self-fulfilling prophecy continues to perpetuate over and over and over again.

Except for the ones who are good-looking enough or have enough going for them to actually attract women with some frequency, many of those ones just become wife-beaters instead.

So, those people blame women for their lack of successful relationships---with women---and then wonder why that would ever happen.

IN OTHER WORDS, there are complete and total losers on all sides. If some people aren't a loser one way, they are losers the other way.

And, I want to make it very clear I am not talking about you---but even if I were, which I'm not---rest assured that I myself am a loser in several ways and I am neither right or left.

You don't think that some people on the left see some people on the right as misguided and a bit nuts? Do you really think that's an actual difference that exists? I'm on neither side and see many people on both sides as misguided and maybe a bit nuts.

Here's the thing: Some people are D****. It's just that plain and friggin' simple. Some of those D**** are also into politics, or religion, or politics via religion. And, if you think there's anything at all unique about that fact, I'm afraid you're mistaken. Some D**** are apolitical, but then they'll go online and denigrate all hell out of someone for their preference of one musical band over another. People who are extremely serious D**** will find any excuse in the world to absolutely despise someone who is not a carbon copy of them in virtually every way.

And, it's not political; it's just sometimes expressed politically.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 14th, 2020 at 9:52:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Yeah, they sit around on the internet all day long when they are not at work and cry about Liberals on obscure message boards, that I will not identify. Or Facebook. Or Twitter. Or Incel boards. Or, listen to far right wing talk show hosts who will validate their beliefs in their vacuous echo chambers.

They comment---endlessly---and with a tremendous bias on affairs that generally have no direct impact on them.

So that is why I do not see any left-wing messages on Facebook?

Quote:
They become Incels who despise women and oppose womens rights because, lacking virtually any trace of humanity whatsoever and having no concerns in life aside from working and hating the left; they have few interests and probably wouldn't even know how to talk to a woman in person. Even if they did get into a relationship, they'd probably see how far they could push ridiculous far-right rhetoric with whoever they are with---just for the sake of doing so. And then, when the women would leave those guys, well---we won't get into those terms that would be used.

Despise women? How, exactly? Oppose women's rights? How, exactly? Most conservatives I know have plenty of interests and hobbies. As to getting into relationships, well, more and more men are seeing less and less in it for them to get into them. Seen other men get picked clean in divorces. Seen how the family courts are blatantly anti-male. Or just look at relationships and do not see the point. Count me in that group. I never wanted kids and see nothing to be gained by being in a relationship.

Quote:
You don't think that some people on the left see some people on the right as misguided and a bit nuts? Do you really think that's an actual difference that exists? I'm on neither side and see many people on both sides as misguided and maybe a bit nuts. [./q]

Yes, it is a difference. How many people on the right said they were "afraid" of an Obama hat? Check how many on the left want to ban MAGA hats because they are "uncomfotable." This has been seen on college campuses. From banning down to hassling people for wearing one when the wearer was just minding their own business.

Check out the difference:

The President is a fink.
June 14th, 2020 at 10:26:38 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
So that is why I do not see any left-wing messages on Facebook?

Just because I say the Far Right does something does not mean I am saying that the Far Left doesn't do that thing. Both sides, hypocritical and divisive. #1 problem in this country, far and away the biggest problem and no other competitor for biggest problem is even close.

Quote:
Despise women? How, exactly? Oppose women's rights? How, exactly? Most conservatives I know have plenty of interests and hobbies. As to getting into relationships, well, more and more men are seeing less and less in it for them to get into them. Seen other men get picked clean in divorces. Seen how the family courts are blatantly anti-male. Or just look at relationships and do not see the point. Count me in that group. I never wanted kids and see nothing to be gained by being in a relationship.

Let's see...workplace equality, for starters. After that, you've got Freedom of Choice, which is literally a decision ONLY women ever have to worry about making, in terms of direct impact on their bodies. Then, every time a woman gets some kind of promotion, there are some people out there who will either deride it as an, "Equal Opportunity," exclusive thing, or sleeping her way to the top.

I mean, toxic masculinity is totally a thing. I'd argue it doesn't actually apply to as many men as the Far Left might like you to believe, but it certainly applies to more than zero people. Lots of Christians, for example, many of whom constantly bemoan the loss of, "Traditional family values," by which, they often mean, "Subservience to one's husband."

And, don't get me wrong, I'm not opposed to family units who are all about that as long as they're choosing it voluntarily and not trying to hold others to the same standards.

That's why there's no REAL difference between the extremes of the two parties at the heart of it all. They are both trying to force their personal vision for the world and modes of living on EVERYONE. They're not saying that things should be an option, they're saying, "Everyone should be forced to live x way with y set of morals." And, they all want the Government to be the one to use laws (or taxes) to enforce it all. No difference in mechanism. The only difference is what exactly it is that they want.

We have certain court structures that make marriage a risk, especially if you have a lot of money. But then...AT THE SAME FRIGGIN' TIME...I've seen you uphold and promote the traditional family unit, you know, the one that requires marriage? PICK. ONE. Do you want marriages where there is no right to divorce under any set of conditions? Do you want a court system that never awards one spouse or the other anything? I mean, if you have a housewife and there is a divorce, did she not make things easier for her husband on the home front by being a housewife? Does that not, in your view, help cvontribute to his success?

Quote:
Yes, it is a difference. How many people on the right said they were "afraid" of an Obama hat? Check how many on the left want to ban MAGA hats because they are "uncomfotable." This has been seen on college campuses. From banning down to hassling people for wearing one when the wearer was just minding their own business.

Check out the difference:

Yeah, they were afraid of Obama himself. Did Obama even have hats? I don't think I ever saw an Obama hat, though I do not deny the existence of Obama hats. I may have seen some T-Shirts, definitely yard signs and bumper stickers.

I'm not going to watch a stupid video and declare a categorical difference. That's for the Far-X people on both sides to do.

I do agree that some people have been hassled for MAGA hats for no good reason.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
June 14th, 2020 at 11:23:21 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: RonC

Someone breaks a toenail, it has to be the President's fault.

I never thought we'd see the day when the libbies are so desperate that they've actually resorted to criticizing the way Trump walks down stairs LOL!! 🤣🤣🤣

June 14th, 2020 at 11:28:56 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Shrek

I never thought we'd see the day when the libbies are so desperate that they've actually resorted to criticizing the way Trump walks down stairs LOL!! 🤣🤣🤣

He's 73 and totally aware that
any misstep will play a million
times on fake news channels.
He remembers Hillary falling
into a plane 10 years ago and
doesn't want that to be him.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 14th, 2020 at 11:30:26 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Shrek

It was a ramp, not stairs. Did you not see his dumb tweet?
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 14th, 2020 at 11:38:11 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
lol, this NYT article will trigger Donny. And on his birthday, what a shame!

Trump’s Halting Walk Down Ramp Raises New Health Questions

Quote:

There was no evidence that the ramp was slippery, and the skies were clear during the ceremony.

The videos again raised questions about the health of Mr. Trump, whose advisers have never fully explained his abrupt visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in November, saying at the time only that it was intended to get a jump on his annual physical.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
June 14th, 2020 at 11:53:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman

Let's see...workplace equality, for starters. After that, you've got Freedom of Choice, which is literally a decision ONLY women ever have to worry about making, in terms of direct impact on their bodies. Then, every time a woman gets some kind of promotion, there are some people out there who will either deride it as an, "Equal Opportunity," exclusive thing, or sleeping her way to the top.

Where and how, exactly, are conservatives against "workplace equality?" Can you please provide an example?

Some women do make it to the top on their own merits. Sarah Palin did that politically. Kamala Harris, OTOH, slept her way into power. Hillary only made it because of who her husband was, if not for Bill she would be some attorney in a legal office that everyone hated to work with. If there are going to be quotas, official or unofficial, of slots that need to be held by women then they most women will be questioned. That is how it works when you set quotas and goals based on gender.

Quote:
I mean, toxic masculinity is totally a thing. I'd argue it doesn't actually apply to as many men as the Far Left might like you to believe, but it certainly applies to more than zero people. Lots of Christians, for example, many of whom constantly bemoan the loss of, "Traditional family values," by which, they often mean, "Subservience to one's husband."

"Toxic masculinity" is just misandry. Men are supposed to act like men. As to your slight on Christians, well, IMHO a huge reason for the high divorce rate is women who want to be married but do not want to be wives. Straight guys do not want a woman who acts like a guy. They want a woman who acts like a woman.

If we had more men acting like men we would be better off in this country.
The President is a fink.
June 14th, 2020 at 11:56:14 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Walking down a ramp forces Trump fully into seeing the real world for a few moments. A rare experience.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?