2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

May 5th, 2020 at 10:42:47 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
I know who they are. I have said plenty of negative things about Trump...but people like this do not present a solution for the Republican Party; they simply want to help elect someone besides Trump who happens to want to "fundamentally change America" or whatever it was Biden and Hillary said in their town hall or whatever that was the other day.

The "both sides" isn't "nonsense"; only people with blinders fail to see bad folks and bad ideas on their side. Since lefties turn a blind eye to nonsense from people that support their side, it needs to be pointed out. I could give two craps whether you care for it, agree with it, or whatever. It wasn't at all relevant in this case because this was a specific attack from conservatives.

What's interesting
There are some on the right against Trump.
Those numbers dwarf anybody on left supporting Trump
telling.
Running these ads this early means deep pockets. Not good for Trump
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2020 at 11:46:59 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: ams288
Donny had a 1 AM Twitter meltdown over this ad last night, thereby ensuring more people will see it compared to if he would have just kept his dumb mouth shut. Already over 3 million views on Twitter:

He’s STILL whining about this on Twitter.

What a moron.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 5th, 2020 at 11:54:04 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
What's interesting
There are some on the right against Trump..

There have been all along; this is not something new.

Those numbers dwarf anybody on left supporting Trump
telling.

I don't know of anyone that considers themselves part of the left who voted for Trump I'm not saying there weren't any; the ones I know were Hillary all the way.
His votes from Democrats and Independents came from moderates.

Running these ads this early means deep pockets. Not good for Trump

I am not so sure about the "deep pockets"...their numbers as a PAC aren't particularly large...but they can always grow:

Total Receipts $2,587,887
Total Spent $1,384,428
Begin Cash on Hand $0
End Cash on Hand $1,203,458
Debts $0
Independent Expenditures $283,271
Date of last report March 31, 2020

That is enough money to do ads like the one they have if you don't have to actually make big ad buys. I think the experience of the group helps them leverage publicity, which may be a bigger deal than actual dollars. The largest amount of their expenditures is to a company called "Summit Strategic Communications" owned by Reed Galen. Reed Galen is on the board of advisors for the Lincoln Project.

https://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/lookup2.php?strID=C00725820&cycle=2020

Gallen has said some things about leaving the party but joining the other one...perhaps he may favor alternates to the two parties, I only read a bit of what he had to say.

If this group gets the results it appears to want--Biden elected and Democrats winning some Senate seats--the entire balance of power will shift to the Democrats. Maybe they are geniuses who think that a Biden Presidency and Democrats in control will be so bad that a much more conservative slate can run in four years. Perhaps they are simply having the courage of their convictions, which is great...but the other party won't go along with it, but maybe it will lead to something good someday. It could be that they simply don't care that Biden is talking about fundamentally changing America.

I'm just not sure why a conservative group would seek to undermine both the President and the makeup of the Senate at the same time. Unless, well, maybe they aren't conservative at all. Sometimes you need to pick the most important winnable battle now and move on from there.
May 5th, 2020 at 11:55:38 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: ams288
He’s STILL whining about this on Twitter...

He had a long flight to Arizona to spin up some tweets.

I am not a fan, but that is what he does...
May 5th, 2020 at 12:20:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

I'm just not sure why a conservative group would seek to undermine both the President and the makeup of the Senate at the same time. Unless, well, maybe they aren't conservative at all. Sometimes you need to pick the most important winnable battle now and move on from there.

DING DING DING--we have a winner!
The President is a fink.
May 5th, 2020 at 12:21:07 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Because Trump is not a Republican
I used to vote Republican because I believed in a balanced budget and free International trade
He's weak on Russia practically bending the knee. Republicans have traditionally been tough on Russia
In many ways he's not a republican
Just natural some republicans are against Trump

Trump played right into these people. They are doing high 5's due to Trump tweeting about them. That's exactly what they were hoping for. Toe to toe with Trump instead being ignored

added edit
Trump still angry
Just one hour ago Trump tweeted

"Most of the money raised by the RINO losers of the so-called “Lincoln Project”, goes into their own pockets. With what I’ve done on Judges, Taxes, Regulations, Healthcare, the Military, Vets (Choice!) & protecting our great 2A, they should love Trump. Problem is, I BEAT THEM ALL!"

Meanwhile over at the Lincoln project, they are giddy
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 5th, 2020 at 1:29:18 PM permalink
RonC
Because Trump is not a Republican
I used to vote Republican because I believed in a balanced budget and free International trade
He's weak on Russia practically bending the knee. Republicans have traditionally been tough on Russia
In many ways he's not a republican
Just natural some republicans are against Trump

...and have been since the beginning, I was not in favor of him to start with. I don't like everything he does or how he does it.

In my opinion he is a better President, as far as results go, than Hillary would have been for my interest. Adding conservative justices is a huge win. If McConnell was adept at running the Senate, many more conservative judges would be in place. Much more time should have been scheduled to give judges up or down votes.

Trump played right into these people. They are doing high 5's due to Trump tweeting about them. That's exactly what they were hoping for. Toe to toe with Trump instead being ignored

That is how he works. It isn't going to change; people have tried to change it for three years.

added edit
Trump still angry
Just one hour ago Trump tweeted

"Most of the money raised by the RINO losers of the so-called “Lincoln Project”, goes into their own pockets. With what I’ve done on Judges, Taxes, Regulations, Healthcare, the Military, Vets (Choice!) & protecting our great 2A, they should love Trump. Problem is, I BEAT THEM ALL!"

Meanwhile over at the Lincoln project, they are giddy

I outlined the money part...some people are making money off the donations.

They can celebrate, but it is yet to be seen whether they will become relevant or fall by the wayside.

There have been a lot of people that wanted to take Trump out; so far, they have not succeeded.
May 5th, 2020 at 2:33:45 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
There have been a lot of people that wanted to take Trump out; so far, they have not succeeded.

Trump didn't withstand scrutiny, he evaded it.

You know, he was so gung ho with letting administration officials testify, or releasing documents, or tax returns, and transparency, how could we miss? Yeah, it's been all evasion, all the time.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 5th, 2020 at 3:19:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
Trump didn't withstand scrutiny, he evaded it..

I hate to do what you always do,
but.. Obama said in 08 he would
have the most transparent admin
in our history. Instead he had the
most opaque regime in our history.
And is about to pay the price for
it. Now they're saying Flynn can
sue for millions and win in a slam
dunk.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 5th, 2020 at 4:03:16 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: Evenbob
Now they're saying Flynn can
sue for millions and win in a slam
dunk.

Sue who? Himself? He pled guilty.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman