2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 6th, 2020 at 9:23:05 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
You seem to forget, wall supporting Republicans won't always be in charge of funding that constant repair. You seem to think bipartisan support isn't necessary for upkeep. Republicans do it all the time. Starve programs they didn't agree to in the first place. What a fantasy.

I didn't forget anything and I already knew about "program starving"...it is what it is. If Democrats decided to starve the wall and allow unfettered immigration without any of the politicians coming together on real immigration reform, we are screwed anyway. This is an issue that both parties have screwed us on, as a country, and you and I will pay the price for it in providing support for more of those who can't support themselves.

Both parties? Yep. Rich Republicans who own businesses that hire illegals, or at least don't want to know if those they hire are legal or illegal as long as they can pay them less than marker price are just as responsible for not getting immigration reform done as Democrats who want unfettered illegal immigration in order to build their base. Again, the taxpayers are the ones the get screwed as the politicians get richer.
February 6th, 2020 at 10:46:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Eh, I think even the original wall before all this planned addition lagged in upkeep.

Nothing gets the upkeep it’s biggest supporters wish for. Oldest story out there.
The President is a fink.
February 6th, 2020 at 10:51:40 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Mission146
I'm going to introduce what I will call the Prince Reibus Challenge for those of you determined enough:

Here are the rules:

1.) I want an 8x10 autographed by the hand of Reince Priebus.

2.) This 8x10 must be autographed either in person or the autographing electronically transmitted in such a way that I believe it is him to my satisfaction.

3.) Reince Priebus must autograph this 8x10 as, "Prince Reibus." This must be done in a way that clearly says, "Prince Reibus."

If these conditions are met, and I believe I will be registered to vote in the State of Pennsylvania by that time, I will cast a vote for Donald J. Trump.

From what I can tell, vote buying/selling is illegal:

https://www.countable.us/articles/44-countable-q-t-just-sell-vote

But, vote trading is not. Beyond that, I do not believe that this autographed picture will have any monetary value, and even if it did, I hereby swear that I will not use it for monetary gain (i.e. selling it) in any way whatsoever.

So, if any of you wants to make that happen, Trump gets my vote.

I tried to read this 3 times, WTF. Have
you finally gone round the bend?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 6th, 2020 at 11:21:08 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Evenbob
I tried to read this 3 times, WTF. Have
you finally gone round the bend?

Finally?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 6th, 2020 at 12:14:02 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Mission, I am curious why you would want a photo of the former Chief of Staff?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 6th, 2020 at 1:59:55 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
I only want it if the signature is Prince Reibus. If it says Reince Priebus, I don’t want it at all.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 6th, 2020 at 2:11:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
I only want it if the signature is Prince Reibus. If it says Reince Priebus, I don’t want it at all.

'round the bend' origin: The 'bend' is the curve always placed in the entrance drive of Victorian mental hospitals. Straight drives were the characteristic of stately homes and bent ones of asylums to screen the inmates from view and vise versa.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 6th, 2020 at 2:28:14 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
'round the bend' origin: The 'bend' is the curve always placed in the entrance drive of Victorian mental hospitals. Straight drives were the characteristic of stately homes and bent ones of asylums to screen the inmates from view and vise versa.

I think he would do it for a vote if the 8x10 was provided to him. I think the tricky part for someone would be getting ahold of him and then being in the same place he is.
February 6th, 2020 at 2:38:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
I think he would do it for a vote if the 8x10 was provided to him. I think the tricky part for someone would be getting ahold of him and then being in the same place he is.

Victorian mental health hospital
that was just 'round the bend':

February 6th, 2020 at 2:59:05 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Victorian mental health hospital
that was just 'round the bend':

We need to bring those beautiful institutions back.