2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 5th, 2020 at 7:03:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: fleaswatter
Hmmmm, since " the Administration is providing no numbers or predictions for this cost", MSN is just puling the number "billions" out of their asses.

No matter what the cost of maintenance might be, I would rather pay that cost than provide billions and billions of dollars of government benefits to illegal aliens who would have entered without the wall.

I actually think if he gets it built, it will eventually be a junky, rusty, too expensive boondoggle memorial to Trump for decades to come. A giant piece of crap to remember him by.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2020 at 8:25:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: pew
Rush comes up in conversation and the other person says bigot ,a-hole, jerk, liar ect... I then say "I didn't know you listened to him" and they say ""I don't listen to that piece of #@%&". Then I say how do you know he's a %#*#..... if you don't listen to him?

Al Franken wrote a whole book
about Rush, with Rush in the
title. He admitted later he had
never heard the show even once,
the book was based purely on
hearsay. Why have facts when
you have third party opinions.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 6th, 2020 at 4:12:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: pew
Rush comes up in conversation and the other person says bigot ,a-hole, jerk, liar ect... I then say "I didn't know you listened to him" and they say ""I don't listen to that piece of #@%&". Then I say how do you know he's a %#*#..... if you don't listen to him?

Some time back I forget where and when exact some Black woman got herself arrested and sued because the cops had Rush on the radio. She said it was just racism and Rush making awful comments about Black people. I guess it never crossed her mind how easy it would be to get a transcript to prove her wrong.

One thing Rush is really right on is it takes a few weeks of listening to "get" his show. The humor is sophisticated. He gets your mind working in new ways. You question things more and more.
The President is a fink.
February 6th, 2020 at 5:52:20 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: rxwine
This article details dozens of potential upkeep, and cost problems of Trump's wall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/long-term-maintenance-for-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-billions-but-government-isnt-saying/ar-BBZGql3?ocid=spartanntp

And of course, the Administration is providing no numbers or predictions for this cost.

Just another hit piece with a whole lot of speculation from the people that would rather have the burden of unfettered immigration placed upon our citizens in hopes of increasing their voting base.

Of course the wall will cost money to maintain. Everything built requires some maintenance. There will be vandalism from the very people we need to exclude the most--people willing to destroy the property of our country in order to smuggle people or drugs (or other things) into our country.

The Democrats who support unfettered immigration are trying to turn our country into a third world one. No country can allow their borders to be overrun and not feel the drain on their economy.

Republicans are far from perfect, but elect an AOC-approved liberal Democrat and our country will suffer. Elect someone more centrist? We would probably be okay at the end of the day.
February 6th, 2020 at 6:56:36 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: RonC
Of course the wall will cost money to maintain. Everything built requires some maintenance. There will be vandalism from the very people we need to exclude the most--people willing to destroy the property of our country in order to smuggle people or drugs (or other things) into our country.

You seem to forget, wall supporting Republicans won't always be in charge of funding that constant repair. You seem to think bipartisan support isn't necessary for upkeep. Republicans do it all the time. Starve programs they didn't agree to in the first place. What a fantasy.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 6th, 2020 at 7:21:12 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: Mission146
Closest related thread, not trying to hijack, just not worth creating a new thread.

I had the TV on for fewer than five minutes and saw Reince Priebus on there. Anyway, I've always called him, "Prince Reibus," just because I find it amusing. I sort of assumed I'm the only one that would think such a thing would be funny, but then I Googled, "Prince Reibus," and sure enough...

Anyway, I think some of the results are kind of funny. A few of the sites to say this seem to think that is actually his name. '

Thank you former Republican National Committee Chairman, Prince Reibus.

I'm going to introduce what I will call the Prince Reibus Challenge for those of you determined enough:

Here are the rules:

1.) I want an 8x10 autographed by the hand of Reince Priebus.

2.) This 8x10 must be autographed either in person or the autographing electronically transmitted in such a way that I believe it is him to my satisfaction.

3.) Reince Priebus must autograph this 8x10 as, "Prince Reibus." This must be done in a way that clearly says, "Prince Reibus."

If these conditions are met, and I believe I will be registered to vote in the State of Pennsylvania by that time, I will cast a vote for Donald J. Trump.

From what I can tell, vote buying/selling is illegal:

https://www.countable.us/articles/44-countable-q-t-just-sell-vote

But, vote trading is not. Beyond that, I do not believe that this autographed picture will have any monetary value, and even if it did, I hereby swear that I will not use it for monetary gain (i.e. selling it) in any way whatsoever.

So, if any of you wants to make that happen, Trump gets my vote.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 6th, 2020 at 7:32:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
To keep things fair, same terms, but an 8x10 signed by Elizabeth Warren as, "Sacagawea Warren." In exchange, I will vote for whomever may be the Democratic candidate or will otherwise vote at the direction of whosoever shall present this 8x10 to me.

The first party to get me the appropriate 8x10 wins.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 6th, 2020 at 8:39:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
You seem to forget, wall supporting Republicans won't always be in charge of funding that constant repair. You seem to think bipartisan support isn't necessary for upkeep. Republicans do it all the time. Starve programs they didn't agree to in the first place. What a fantasy.

You mean like Democrats passed Obamacare without considering the ongoing costs?

Maintenance will be in the baseline budget and automatic.
The President is a fink.
February 6th, 2020 at 8:49:11 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman

He'll ignore this post just like he ignores every other post that destroys his position. Libbies are sooooooooooo predictable. 🙄
February 6th, 2020 at 8:50:54 AM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman

Eh, I think even the original wall before all this planned addition lagged in upkeep.