SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: ams288
Quote: Dalex64
Quote: ams288
Quote: Evenbob
DOJ To 'Revise' Sentencing Request For Roger Stone Following Trump Tweet

Media is having a cow, lol.

More evidence that Bill Barr is the most crooked AG in our country's history.

Prosecutors are resigning over it.

Time to open up some new investigations. Maybe a new impeachment inquiry!

There is no doubt that if Trump wins in 2020, but the House stays Democrat, that they will try and impeach him again. By the way, does anyone know if he is protected from double jeopardy from new evidence (Bolton) on the exact charge he was acquitted on? Or can they re-impeach him on the same charge for the same alleged crime? Or do they have to make up a new allegedly impeachable offense?
February 12th, 2020 at 4:37:04 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO

There is no doubt that if Trump wins in 2020, but the House stays Democrat, that they will try and impeach him again. By the way, does anyone know if he is protected from double jeopardy from new evidence (Bolton) on the exact charge he was acquitted on? Or can they re-impeach him on the same charge for the same alleged crime? Or do they have to make up a new allegedly impeachable offense?

The offense will be the same as this time, that they do not like him. They would have to invent charges again.
The President is a fink.
February 12th, 2020 at 6:16:06 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: SOOPOO

I don't know if the doctrine of Res Judicata could potentially come into play on that one, though I do know that the principle of Double Jeopardy itself would only really apply to something that would deprive one of life, liberty or property, which Removal from Office does not. Additionally, "High Crimes and Misdemeanors," is ill-defined (read: not at all) in The Constitution, so I don't know that there is anything prohibiting a trial on the same charges.

This might also fall under the purview of, "Administrative Proceeding," in which event there are no double jeopardy protections whatsoever. There has never been an attempt at removal after a first attempt at removal has failed, so the Chief Justice (who presides over removal hearings) would probably have sole authority to determine whether or not the doctrine of Res Judicata applies. At a guess, I would suspect not as long as there is introduced some new evidence.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 14th, 2020 at 6:43:44 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I was watching Hannity tonight and they were talking about how Michael Flynn was tricked into lying and committing perjury.

Not sure if they know what goes on in all the police departments all across the country. Cops lie to suspects all the time. They'll tell a 16 year old kid that his friend already confessed to the crime to get him to go ahead think it's useless to keep lying.

There's all this outrage by Flynn being fooled as an adult, yet all kinds of people go to jail and get charged for falling for lies from the police or FBI.

https://www.njmoorelaw.com/10-ways-police-can-lie-to-you
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 14th, 2020 at 6:50:44 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: rxwine
I was watching Hannity tonight and they were talking about how Michael Flynn was tricked into lying and committing perjury.

Not sure if they know what goes on in all the police departments all across the country. Cops lie to suspects all the time. They'll tell a 16 year old kid that his friend already confessed to the crime to get him to go ahead think it's useless to keep lying.

There's all this outrage by Flynn being fooled as an adult, yet all kinds of people go to jail and get charged for falling for lies from the police or FBI.

https://www.njmoorelaw.com/10-ways-police-can-lie-to-you

i have always wondered if any countries prevent their law enforcement from lying?
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
February 15th, 2020 at 3:40:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
i have always wondered if any countries prevent their law enforcement from lying?

Doubtful. Governments tend to act the same the world over.

I wonder with all the cop shows a normal person will watch over a lifetime how they fall for some of these tricks.
The President is a fink.
February 15th, 2020 at 6:57:30 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: AZDuffman
Doubtful. Governments tend to act the same the world over.

I wonder with all the cop shows a normal person will watch over a lifetime how they fall for some of these tricks.
Rule number one, KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT.
February 15th, 2020 at 10:21:03 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges & Schools, has a history of approving questionable colleges. It accredited ITT Tech, Corinthian Colleges and Brightwood College, massive for-profit universities whose sudden closures last decade left thousands of students without degrees and undermined the value of the education of those who did graduate.

Those closures led President Barack Obama’s Education Department to strip ACICS’ powers in 2016.

But following a federal court decision, Education Secretary Betsy DeVos and President Donald Trump's administration reinstated the accrediting agency. By that point, it already had lost dozens of colleges and their membership fees. It needed new members, and fast.

The decision in 2017 to approve Reagan National University as a viable college — one which today lacks the discernible hallmarks of higher learning — calls into question ACICS’ ability to hold colleges accountable for the education they’re supposed to provide.

No staff , no students.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-college-was-accredited-by-a-devos-sanctioned-group-we-couldnt-find-evidence-of-students-or-faculty/ar-BB101E6U?ocid=spartanntp
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 15th, 2020 at 10:51:56 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
20 more judges have been confirmed since I last reported the numbers in late Dec 2019

190 total judges confirmed

137 District Court judges
51 Circuit Court judges
2 Supreme Court justices

Making the judiciary great again!!
Let's go Brandon
February 15th, 2020 at 11:20:52 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: fleaswatter
20 more judges have been confirmed since I last reported the numbers in late Dec 2019

190 total judges confirmed

137 District Court judges
51 Circuit Court judges
2 Supreme Court justices

Making the judiciary great again!!

Trump is replacing a huge number
of judges because they put off
retiring during Obama because
they were told the lock was in for
a Hillary win. The Deep State had
the next 8 years after Obama
planned out in detail and that's
why they went full out bonkers
to get rid of Trump. There was
no way Hillary could lose. Uh Oh..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.