2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

February 5th, 2020 at 2:52:37 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: RonC
Of course...instead of just asking someone providing you a service to change the station, you decided not to tip him just for having a different opinion.

Any Uber/Lyft driver listening to political radio should understand that their passengers might not have the same opinion. Pretty stupid to listen to am hate radio while transporting strangers that could easily be turned off by what they hear.

Sounds like the driver was pretty poor at his job. Gotta know your audience, and if you don't know your audience, better to be safe than sorry.
February 5th, 2020 at 2:52:58 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I gave the guy 4 stars. Didn’t want to tank his rating. He is a middle aged white guy listening to Rush and driving a Lyft at noon on a Friday. Clearly life hasn’t dealt him the best hand.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 5th, 2020 at 2:56:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: ams288
He is a middle aged white guy listening to Rush .

Impeach!! Turn him in, call the
authorities. Don't just sit there,
get involved. snicker..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
February 5th, 2020 at 3:00:22 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: ams288
I gave the guy 4 stars. Didn’t want to tank his rating. He is a middle aged white guy listening to Rush and driving a Lyft at noon on a Friday. Clearly life hasn’t dealt him the best hand.

This reminded me of timestamp 2:44 of this video.

Guy is driving Uber at noon but listening to Rush. "It could!"..."But it hasn't"..."but it could!"
February 5th, 2020 at 3:08:11 PM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: terapined
If I got in uber or lyft and the driver had Rush on, zero stars.
I don't want to listen to that crap while paying for a service.

I just ask them to change the station if they have liberal radio on...wait...never mind...I haven't heard many liberals on radio BUT if the radio is not on what I like, the heat is too high, the windows are open and no A/C in August in Las Vegas, I just ask them to change things.

If they don't change things, THEN lower the tip and take away stars.
February 5th, 2020 at 5:05:23 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Closest related thread, not trying to hijack, just not worth creating a new thread.

I had the TV on for fewer than five minutes and saw Reince Priebus on there. Anyway, I've always called him, "Prince Reibus," just because I find it amusing. I sort of assumed I'm the only one that would think such a thing would be funny, but then I Googled, "Prince Reibus," and sure enough...

Anyway, I think some of the results are kind of funny. A few of the sites to say this seem to think that is actually his name. '

Thank you former Republican National Committee Chairman, Prince Reibus.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
February 5th, 2020 at 5:30:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: RonC
I just ask them to change the station if they have liberal radio on...wait...never mind...I haven't heard many liberals on radio BUT if the radio is not on what I like, the heat is too high, the windows are open and no A/C in August in Las Vegas, I just ask them to change things.

Its a business and I'm a customer
I'm a pretty easy going guy. I give every uber and lyft driver 5 stars.
Having Rush on the radio, I'm already a unhappy customer. Driver should know better to put something on that could offend 1/2 the customers and me. 0 stars. Something I've never done because I have never heard Rush in a Uber or Lyft
As to liberal radio
I listen to 88.5 WMNF in Tampa. Their motto, radioactive
Its one of the best stations I have ever listened to in my life.
All the disc jockeys pick their own music to play. You get the jazz hour, old time roots music hour, Latin hour, Grateful Dead hour, 60's music hour, bluegrass hour ect.
They also broadcast Democracy Now which is pretty far left but I generally tune in for the wonderful variety of music
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
February 5th, 2020 at 6:08:59 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Rush comes up in conversation and the other person says bigot ,a-hole, jerk, liar ect... I then say "I didn't know you listened to him" and they say ""I don't listen to that piece of #@%&". Then I say how do you know he's a %#*#..... if you don't listen to him?
February 5th, 2020 at 6:27:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
This article details dozens of potential upkeep, and cost problems of Trump's wall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/long-term-maintenance-for-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-billions-but-government-isnt-saying/ar-BBZGql3?ocid=spartanntp

And of course, the Administration is providing no numbers or predictions for this cost.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 5th, 2020 at 6:50:41 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: rxwine
This article details dozens of potential upkeep, and cost problems of Trump's wall.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/long-term-maintenance-for-trumps-border-wall-could-cost-billions-but-government-isnt-saying/ar-BBZGql3?ocid=spartanntp

And of course, the Administration is providing no numbers or predictions for this cost.

Hmmmm, since " the Administration is providing no numbers or predictions for this cost", MSN is just puling the number "billions" out of their asses.

No matter what the cost of maintenance might be, I would rather pay that cost than provide billions and billions of dollars of government benefits to illegal aliens who would have entered without the wall.
Let's go Brandon