No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

December 28th, 2019 at 12:54:11 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
Then taxes aren't stealing.

Sure they are. They are taken at the point of a gun, how many times does this have to be explained?

I do not like eminent domain, but it is Constitutional and a fact of life.

Your girl Warren is in favor of confiscation of wealth at the point of a gun.
The President is a fink.
December 28th, 2019 at 1:15:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Sure they are. They are taken at the point of a gun,

Exactly. Stop paying property taxes
and income tax and see what
happens next.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 28th, 2019 at 1:20:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Sure they are. They are taken at the point of a gun, how many times does this have to be explained?

You don’t think land confiscation will be by forced if not complied to? You think someone can take anything if they just leave money behind?

Lol.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2019 at 1:28:26 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Lol.

You're doing better than I am.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
December 28th, 2019 at 1:38:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You don’t think land confiscation will be by forced if not complied to? You think someone can take anything if they just leave money behind?

Lol.

Constitution allows for Eminent Domain. I am not crazy about it, but compensation is made.

Taxes, OTOH, refuse to pay and as said above, see what happens.

If you have land abutting the border you should know the feds at the least are going to take a ROW.
The President is a fink.
December 28th, 2019 at 2:49:24 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: SOOPOO
So there is evidence that the lowest wage workers, also known as 'the poor' are making more money, and this is the big bad Republicans being bad to them? I'm trying to argue with you rationally, but when you just repeat a trope that makes absolutely no sense I don't know where to start.
Republicans are NOT against helping those incapable of helping themselves. They are against making it an idea to be passed along from generation to the next generation.

If you don't understand Republican motivations, you should try listening to some of your own comments. I think you were once complaining about living wages, and I responded I'm going to worry more about someone making a living wage, more than someone well-off may miss one of their luxury vacations a year. You shed tears over wealthy people paying more.

I've compared Republican goodness to making sure a family has a turkey on Thanksgiving but forget about them the rest of year. God forbid, anyone tries to tax them for something that won't benefit them directly.

I could go on and on actually why Republicans get the reputation as the party of mean.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2019 at 2:55:30 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
If you don't understand Republican motivations, you should try listening to some of your own comments. I think you were once complaining about living wages, and I responded I'm going to worry more about someone making a living wage, more than someone well-off may miss one of their luxury vacations a year. You shed tears over wealthy people paying more.

I've compared Republican goodness to making sure a family has a turkey on Thanksgiving but forget about them the rest of year. God forbid, anyone tries to tax them for something that won't benefit them directly.

I could go on and on actually why Republicans get the reputation as the party of mean.

Your juvenile understanding of economics is mirrored by your above statement. The Republicans are mean because they won't give me everything I want for free.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
December 28th, 2019 at 3:02:51 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Rush has been talking about this
for 30 years. They aren't mean,
the Dems falsely paint them that
way to convince people like you
it's true.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 28th, 2019 at 3:43:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman

So, IOW, you do not like that Republicans get upset when folks like you want to steal their money because you think someone else "deserves" it more?

FWIW, many studies have shown Republicans and conservatives give more money to charities than Democrats/liberals. See, Democrats are charitable with OPM.

Look at the last 2 POTUS. Obama bragged endless about how much money he had saying he did not "need a tax cut." How much did he give back? $0! How much of his salary does Trump give back? 100%!
The President is a fink.
December 28th, 2019 at 3:54:02 PM permalink
rxwine

FWIW, many studies have shown Republicans and conservatives give more money to charities than Democrats/liberals. See, Democrats are charitable with OPM.

Probably some actual guilt drives them to it.