No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

December 28th, 2019 at 7:39:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Report: Trump held private, enlisted-only Afghanistan war meetings – ‘No generals or officers, only enlisted guys that have been there’

This is the profile of a man who knows how to get things done. Generals and Officers Captain and above will never tell what is really happening.

Here is to hoping they tell him to pull us the hell out of that hell hole of a place and he takes that advice.
The President is a fink.
December 28th, 2019 at 10:11:04 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
"The bottom 25 percent of American wage earners secured the largest wage hikes year-to-year compared to all others.."
https://www.frbatlanta.org/chcs/wage-growth-tracker.aspx

Now somebody here will chime
in and say, yeah, just like when
Obama was president. Snicker..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 28th, 2019 at 10:46:37 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob
"The bottom 25 percent of American wage earners secured the largest wage hikes year-to-year compared to all others.."
https://www.frbatlanta.org/chcs/wage-growth-tracker.aspx

Now somebody here will chime
in and say, yeah, just like when
Obama was president. Snicker..

Remember, i am a big pointer outer of the positives for the economy of a Trump Presidency versus a Liberal/Progressive alternative..... but a lot of the low income growth is due to Democrat States raising their minimum wages. Those at the exact minimum obviously get a raise, but so do those slightly above it.
It is a good look for Trump that the percent increase for low earners outpaced the percent increase for high earners.
December 28th, 2019 at 11:04:14 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
but a lot of the low income growth is due to Democrat States .

Yup, KNEW it couldn't be anything
Trump did, it's the Dems and Obama.
Thanks for chiming in just like I
said somebody would.

Good grief,.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 28th, 2019 at 11:16:58 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: SOOPOO
Remember, i am a big pointer outer of the positives for the economy of a Trump Presidency versus a Liberal/Progressive alternative..... but a lot of the low income growth is due to Democrat States raising their minimum wages. Those at the exact minimum obviously get a raise, but so do those slightly above it.
It is a good look for Trump that the percent increase for low earners outpaced the percent increase for high earners.

I EXPECT a republican economy to do better than a Democratic one, because a good percentage of their base only measures the success of the nation on their ability to make money. They're still the party of mean-- given half a chance.

The worst of them throw everything under the bus that gets in their way of making a dollar, regulation, science, environment, the poor, immigrants, future generations, etc., Trump just throws the last remnants of truth and accountability under the bus.

All the lower wage workers making more money that think they should vote for Trump will always be the first to be thrown under the bus as well as soon as they're in the way of making more money. Because don't count on Trumpers making sure you've got any backup, if things go south for you in the future.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2019 at 11:42:02 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine
I EXPECT a republican economy to do better than a Democratic one, because a good percentage of their base only measures the success of the nation on their ability to make money. They're still the party of mean-- given half a chance.

"Party of mean?" How, exactly? By enforcing laws and treating people like adults?

Last I checked, it was not the GOP proposing property confiscation, it was Elizabeth Warren. THAT'S mean.
The President is a fink.
December 28th, 2019 at 12:13:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
"Party of mean?" How, exactly? By enforcing laws and treating people like adults?

Last I checked, it was not the GOP proposing property confiscation, it was Elizabeth Warren. THAT'S mean.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/11/21/texans-fight-government-plan-seize-land-border-wall/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 28th, 2019 at 12:20:45 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22

The worst of them throw everything under the bus that gets in their way of making a dollar, regulation, science, environment, the poor, immigrants, future generations, etc., Trump just throws the last remnants of truth and accountability under the bus.

All the lower wage workers making more money that think they should vote for Trump will always be the first to be thrown under the bus as well as soon as they're in the way of making more money. Because don't count on Trumpers making sure you've got any backup, if things go south for you in the future.

So there is evidence that the lowest wage workers, also known as 'the poor' are making more money, and this is the big bad Republicans being bad to them? I'm trying to argue with you rationally, but when you just repeat a trope that makes absolutely no sense I don't know where to start.
Republicans are NOT against helping those incapable of helping themselves. They are against making it an idea to be passed along from generation to the next generation.
Republicans are not against anything about LEGAL immigrants. Republicans want legal immigrants to succeed, like everyone else here legally.
I assume you meant 'deregulation', not regulation. There are many regulations that Republicans are against that I am for, but more that they are against that I agree with.
Frankly, i am not an expert on 'the environment', but am clearly in the 'believe in global warming camp'. What I am extremely skeptical about is the economy crushing plan the Democrats have to combat it. I'll need specifics to decry the Republicans on this one, but in general you are probably in the right on this one.

As far as future generations, this is an EASY one! President Trump, whatever negatives you think about him, will be easy to 'recover' from..... if such a recovery is even needed. A President Warren or Sanders would do irreparable harm. Once a big government giveaway is done, it is almost impossible to reverse.
December 28th, 2019 at 12:22:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
https://www.texastribune.org/2019/11/21/texans-fight-government-plan-seize-land-border-wall/

Eminent Domain is not confiscation. Your girl Warren is proposing outright confiscation.
The President is a fink.
December 28th, 2019 at 12:32:48 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: AZDuffman
Eminent Domain is not confiscation. .

Then taxes aren't stealing.