2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 12th, 2019 at 1:40:50 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: petroglyph
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/11/huge-schiff-witness-vindham-testified-that-he-thought-presidents-policy-was-wrong-so-he-advised-ukrainians-to-ignore-the-president/

If this is indeed what happened, a US military officer, with the means, undermines the POTUS and advises a foreign head of state against the intents of the president, doesn't that seem illegal?.

Trump has had a hard time finding people who will follow orders and not question his judgement. He not only blames people left over from the previous administrations, but people he appointed himself.

The excuse that it's everyone else's fault just doesn't fly. Well, unless you're gullible, maybe it does.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 12th, 2019 at 1:45:12 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: terapined

If this is indeed what happened, a US military officer, with the means, undermines the POTUS and advises a foreign head of state against the intents of the president, doesn't that seem illegal?

Not if the President, regardless of a Dem or Repub, acts against the interests of the USA and demands a foreign country meddle in our elections
Its not Trump himself
Its what Trump asked
If a Dem President asked the same , should be impeached

Power corrupts regardless if you are a Dem or a Republican President.
I don't trust anybody
That isn't up for Vindman to decide what the presidents phone calls are legal, if he is undermining the POTUS, regardless of which president is in office. If I were in charge, Vindman would be behind bars, which the POTUS has the authority to do. .

If I was in charge, Vindman gets a promotion
I prefer Teddy Roosevelts view

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2019 at 3:38:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25

If this is indeed what happened, a US military officer, with the means, undermines the POTUS and advises a foreign head of state against the intents of the president, doesn't that seem illegal?

Not if the President, regardless of a Dem or Repub, acts against the interests of the USA and demands a foreign country meddle in our elections
Its not Trump himself
Its what Trump asked

I don't trust anybody
That isn't up for Vindman to decide what the presidents phone calls are legal, if he is undermining the POTUS, regardless of which president is in office. If I were in charge, Vindman would be behind bars, which the POTUS has the authority to do. .

"The President is merely the most important among a large number of public servants. He should be supported or opposed exactly to the degree which is warranted by his good conduct or bad conduct, his efficiency or inefficiency in rendering loyal, able, and disinterested service to the Nation as a whole. Therefore it is absolutely necessary that there should be full liberty to tell the truth about his acts, and this means that it is exactly necessary to blame him when he does wrong as to praise him when he does right. Any other attitude in an American citizen is both base and servile. To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public. Nothing but the truth should be spoken about him or any one else. But it is even more important to tell the truth, pleasant or unpleasant, about him than about any one else."

Bold mine, I agree with Ted, but there is a proper venue to disagree with POTUS, not go behind his back to a foreign government. Vindman is serving a foreign government over the US when he's collecting a paycheck from us.

Definition of treason
1: the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family
2: the betrayal of a trust : TREACHERY

Pretend it's not all about Trump for a minute. What if the same set of circumstances happened with Hillary. Do you think any of her underlings wouldn't be crucified?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 12th, 2019 at 3:50:53 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Pretend it's not all about Trump for a minute. What if the same set of circumstances happened with Hillary. Do you think any of her underlings wouldn't be crucified?

Oh we're way past the point of playing "what ifs". We've seen nothing like this before and I can only hope that we right the ship and correct our mistake next year.

But...lol, if we were playing what ifs, imagine if Barack Obama had withheld money appropriated by Congress who controls the purse strings set forth by the US Consitution in exchange for personal political favors by a foreign government.

So called "patriots" heads exploding everywhere...their hypocrisy knows no bounds.
November 12th, 2019 at 3:52:39 PM permalink
terapined

Its not Trump himself
Its what Trump asked

I don't trust anybody

Bold mine, I agree with Ted, but there is a proper venue to disagree with POTUS, not go behind his back to a foreign government. Vindman is serving a foreign government over the US when he's collecting a paycheck from us.

Definition of treason
1: the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance or to kill or personally injure the sovereign or the sovereign's family

Bottom line
You believe Trump saying his call was perfect
I read the transcript. I would have blown the whistle on that call as a patriotic American regardless of who was President.
We simply disagree.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 12th, 2019 at 3:58:23 PM permalink
petroglyph

Its not Trump himself
Its what Trump asked

I don't trust anybody

Definition of treason

Bottom line
You believe Trump saying his call was perfect
I read the transcript. I would have blown the whistle on that call as a patriotic American regardless of who was President.
We simply disagree.
The US giving 400 million worth of new Javelin missiles to Ukraine is similar to Russia giving 400 million worth of RPG's to Mexican drug cartels. We wouldn't like it.
November 12th, 2019 at 4:09:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The US giving 400 million worth of new Javelin missiles to Ukraine is similar to Russia giving 400 million worth of RPG's to Mexican drug cartels. We wouldn't like it.

We can give all of Russia's warsack pack countries back to them and let the them retake E. Germany and rebuild the Berlin wall. Then we can disband NATO.

Everything will be cool then.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 12th, 2019 at 4:17:46 PM permalink
terapined
We wouldn't like it.

???
"We"
Speak for yourself
Did they get them. What's not to like if this gets under Putin's skin?
November 12th, 2019 at 5:07:32 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
We can give all of Russia's warsack pack countries back to them and let the them retake E. Germany and rebuild the Berlin wall. Then we can disband NATO.

Everything will be cool then.
Just disband Nato, and let capitalism run it's course. Germany wants to lift sanctions. That old Soviet spiel died years ago.

Personally I lose big if the US can't maintain the unipolar order, but country by country, the world tires of being bullied for the IMF.
November 12th, 2019 at 5:10:38 PM permalink
petroglyph
???
"We"
Speak for yourself
Did they get them. What's not to like if this gets under Putin's skin?
I said we wouldn't like it if Mexican drug cartels were furnished with shoulder fired RPG's. That is what an equivalent quid pro quo would be.