No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

November 22nd, 2019 at 9:46:42 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
And he has YET to cross 3% annual GDP (one of Republican favorite talking points about Obama), his best GDP quarter is Obama's 5th best, business investment has declined for two straight quarters, and the Atlanta estimate for GDP next quarter is 0.4%.

There is NOTHING special about Trump's economy.
November 22nd, 2019 at 11:23:05 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Quote: AZDuffman
Well, the truth is Trump just made a phone call and the Bidens are corrupt as hell.
Yep, those libbies are so cray cray. They want Trump impeached because of BIDEN'S corruption?! 😂😂
November 22nd, 2019 at 12:51:40 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Tripdufan
And he has YET to cross 3% annual GDP (one of Republican favorite talking points about Obama), his best GDP quarter is Obama's 5th best, business investment has declined for two straight quarters, and the Atlanta estimate for GDP next quarter is 0.4%.

There is NOTHING special about Trump's economy.

YAWN!!!

How is the current GDP growth rates in Germany? Japan? France? etc

How is your investment portfolio (if you can afford one) doing???

Mine is doing fantastic. Making money, making money. The only downside is all the taxes I will by paying next year on all my capital gains and dividends.
Let's go Brandon
November 22nd, 2019 at 1:21:51 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
A DOJ report on the Trump-Russia inquiry is expected to criticize FBI officials but absolve leaders of acting out of anti-Trump bias.

Is this the IG report the rightwing has been salivating over?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 22nd, 2019 at 1:29:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine

Salivating over a nothing burger lol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 22nd, 2019 at 1:53:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

Durham is the one doing the
criminal investigations, the
IG has no authority to do
anything.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 22nd, 2019 at 2:18:36 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: fleaswatter
YAWN!!!

How is the current GDP growth rates in Germany? Japan? France? etc

How is your investment portfolio (if you can afford one) doing???

Mine is doing fantastic. Making money, making money. The only downside is all the taxes I will by paying next year on all my capital gains and dividends.

lol @ if you can afford one, you a funny mofo

My portfolio is doing fine. It was doing fine before Trump. And to be honest, I probably could've/should've been more aggressive with it over last couple years, but the return is fine. I've got another 10-15 years before retirement. But you seem to think stock market success translates to a roaring economy. Just over half of Americans are invested in the stock market.

Oh, and are we comparing GDP rates to other countries now? Good. Did you do that for the 8 years of Obama? (Hint: We drastically outperformed the countries you listed during Obama's tenure) Or were you like Trump, saying the economy was in "big trouble" at 1.9% in 2012 whereas last quarter, that same 1.9% meant "greatest economy in US history." You can't make this s**t up. Oh and, TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICITS ARE BACK BABY!

Biggest group of hypocrites ever assembled is the current crop of GOP voters.
November 22nd, 2019 at 2:27:55 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
lol @ if you can afford one, you a funny mofo

My portfolio is doing fine. It was doing fine before Trump. And to be honest, I probably could've/should've been more aggressive with it over last couple years, but the return is fine. I've got another 10-15 years before retirement. But you seem to think stock market success translates to a roaring economy. Just over half of Americans are invested in the stock market.

Oh, and are we comparing GDP rates to other countries now? Good. Did you do that for the 8 years of Obama? (Hint: We drastically outperformed the countries you listed during Obama's tenure) Or were you like Trump, saying the economy was in "big trouble" at 1.9% in 2012 whereas last quarter, that same 1.9% meant "greatest economy in US history." You can't make this s**t up. Oh and, TRILLION DOLLAR DEFICITS ARE BACK BABY!

Biggest group of hypocrites ever assembled is the current crop of GOP voters.

But isn't "bottom end wages" up substantially?
Isn't unemployment ridiculously low?
Aren't middle class taxes lower (albeit slightly?)

Aren't those three things important to Americans?

"The economy" has always been good to me, because I have always had a good job. It is my perception that those at the middle and bottom are doing better now. You don't think so?
November 22nd, 2019 at 2:56:40 PM permalink
Tripdufan
Quote: SOOPOO

"The economy" has always been good to me, because I have always had a good job. It is my perception that those at the middle and bottom are doing better now. You don't think so?

Quote: SOOPOO

I do think so, but I don't think Trump deserves ALL the credit for this. I've said it so many times before and I'll continue to say it because I believe it.

Presidents have their most influential impact on economies in times of crisis. Trump hasn't faced such a crisis and that's partly because of a strong foundation he inherited. What ticks me off is I spent 8 years listening to Republicans trash Barack Obama for economic measurements that are BETTER than Trump's! Where are the real conservatives that actually cared about debt/deficits? Were they just pretending when Obama was president?

Wages up "substantially"? Hardly. And, in fact, in a "roaring" economy as it's being sold, they should be CLIMBING THROUGH THE ROOF, especially when we do have record unemployment!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-31/trump-boasts-on-economy-undercut-by-weak-middle-class-pay-gains

It also depends on how we measure our wage growth. I mean, wage and salary disbursements were 43% of GDI in 2018 (it was 42.9% in 2016). That's a 60 year low! Look at where wage growth was BEFORE trickle down? Hasn't really been "trickling down" now has it?

https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/W270RE1A156NBEA

I'm not arguing that the economy is terrible under Donald Trump. I'm arguing that it's not so great that we are forced to excuse everything else the man is!

And yes, I will argue and continue to argue that trickle-down economics is a FAILURE and Trump only exacerbated this. The data is freely available and what it's telling us could not be more clear!

The forecast for next quarter from Atlanta is 0.4%. 0.4%! https://www.frbatlanta.org/cqer/research/gdpnow
November 23rd, 2019 at 5:41:14 AM permalink
Tanko
Record unemployment across every demographic, including the disabled.

7.2 million job openings. One million more jobs than people to fill them.

Average household income at an all-time high, up $5,400 during first 3 years of Trump, vs $3,300 for all eight years of Obama.

Under Obama, real median household income did not begin increasing until 2015. It was lower in 2014, than it was when he took office in 2009.

Slowest economic recovery since WW2.

That’s all we got after $4 trillion in QE and $27 trillion in bank bailouts.