2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

September 19th, 2019 at 7:21:15 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
BREAKING:

Some intrepid journalist has received an image of the “promise” Donald made to a foreign leader that launched the whistleblower complaint:

This post is, of course, A JOKE. But Donald is so retarded, you are forgiven if you thought I was being serious.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 19th, 2019 at 8:08:09 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Woo Hoo, it has begun:

Trump ordered declassification of FISA applications and ALL Russia-related texts from Comey, Strzok, Page, McCabe, and Ohr!

Statement from the Press Secretary
Quote:
At the request of a number of committees of Congress, and for reasons of transparency, the President has directed the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to provide for the immediate declassification of the following materials: (1) pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page; (2) all FBI reports of interviews with Bruce G. Ohr prepared in connection with the Russia investigation; and (3) all FBI reports of interviews prepared in connection with all Carter Page FISA applications.

In addition, President Donald J. Trump has directed the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to publicly release all text messages relating to the Russia investigation, without redaction, of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr.
Let's go Brandon
September 19th, 2019 at 8:12:36 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
BREAKING:

Some intrepid journalist has received an image of the “promise” Donald made to a foreign leader that launched the whistleblower complaint:

This post is, of course, A JOKE. But Donald is so retarded, you are forgiven if you thought I was being serious.

ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 19th, 2019 at 8:37:22 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: AZDuffman
I would be more concerned why people on government travel are allowed to stay at such a high-end property at all. We are talking 4-5 stars here. My dealings with federal travel is limited to a few week as night audit for a hotel, but I do remember any fed had to jump thru a hoop or two as to rate, etc. It was probably a 3 star place, downtown high-rise but not the best in town. So, that policy alone let them stay in a posh place is troubling.

As to a memo, that is really below what a POTUS has to think about. Such a memo should have come from below, where paper-pushers who make following policy their life's sad work are paid to think about such things. POTUS is big picture, this is small stuff.

First, AZ, remember, I am not the enemy.

You could not be more wrong that it is up to the 'paper pushers' to make sure there is no appearance of impropriety when it comes to hotel selection. The fact that they selected hotels that the President owns is obviously a policy decision that was made at the highest level (DJT). You cannot be naive enough to think otherwise. You can argue that it is no big deal, or that the President wanted them to stay at quality places and he knows the quality of his own places, or that he feels that a multi billionaire having a rounding error's worth of business at one of his places is a nothing burger, but you can't argue that he didn't know about it.

As far as your original point about government waste, well, of course there is government waste at all levels. But as ams loves to point out, that is just a deflection. You can be concerned about both issues at the same time.
September 19th, 2019 at 11:26:32 AM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
"Donald Trump's Approval Rating Surpasses Obama's, Not Just on Rasmussen Reports."

Headline on today Newsweek magazine.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 19th, 2019 at 11:47:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
First, AZ, remember, I am not the enemy.

You could not be more wrong that it is up to the 'paper pushers' to make sure there is no appearance of impropriety when it comes to hotel selection. The fact that they selected hotels that the President owns is obviously a policy decision that was made at the highest level (DJT). You cannot be naive enough to think otherwise. You can argue that it is no big deal, or that the President wanted them to stay at quality places and he knows the quality of his own places, or that he feels that a multi billionaire having a rounding error's worth of business at one of his places is a nothing burger, but you can't argue that he didn't know about it.

Trump making hotel decisions for government travel? Sorry, I do not buy that. If he was involved he would have the sense to say use a different hotel. And if he did not then one of his aides would. I doubt it got anywhere near him. Seriously, they guy is worth billions, is someone as intelligent as him really going to try to squeeze a few hundred thousand out this way?

My guess is it is more likely a never-Trumper somewhere in the line of command would say, "stay at a Trump property" then later blow the whistle. We have seen how deep this group goes.
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2019 at 12:07:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kenarman
"Donald Trump's Approval Rating Surpasses Obama's, Not Just on Rasmussen Reports."

Yawn
Back to reality
The majority in this country think he is doing a poor job
An approval number that Obama was embarrassed to have thrills Trump supporters
ROTFL
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 19th, 2019 at 12:27:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

"President Donald Trump's job approval rating this week averaged across major polls surpassed that of his predecessor President Barack Obama at the same time eight years ago"

Obama was such a putz, this
isn't surprising news. God he
was an awful president.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 19th, 2019 at 12:56:57 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: terapined
Yawn
Back to reality
The majority in this country think he is doing a poor job

You are right the majority think Trump is doing a poor job. That is not what the headline says. Barrack Obama had a larger percentage thinking he was doing a poor job at the same point in his first term. The only reason this might be interesting is that Obama got re-elected and most lefties think that with the polling numbers that Trump is dead in the water.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
September 19th, 2019 at 1:00:23 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
The only reason this might be interesting is that Obama got re-elected and most lefties think that with the polling numbers that Trump is dead in the water.

This is definitely not true. Have any lefties here said he's dead in the water in 2020? I certainly haven't.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman