No votes (0%)
2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

September 19th, 2019 at 5:16:22 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Over the past week, those of us who follow the real news have been seeing this story about how the administration is going out of its way (and breaking the law) to silence this whistleblower complaint. Last night it blew open:

Trump’s communications with foreign leader are part of whistleblower complaint that spurred standoff between spy chief and Congress, former officials say

Quote:
Trump’s interaction with the foreign leader included a “promise” that was regarded as so troubling that it prompted an official in the U.S. intelligence community to file a formal whistleblower complaint with the inspector general for the intelligence community, said the former officials, speaking on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the matter publicly.

They always say the cover up is worse than the crime. That could be true here too. But you know its REALLY bad when the administration's first instinct is to clearly break the whistleblower laws and try to prevent the intelligence committees from being able to see the complaint.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 19th, 2019 at 5:22:38 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: ams288
Over the past week, those of us who follow the real news have been seeing this story about how the administration is going out of its way (and breaking the law) to silence this whistleblower complaint. Last night it blew open:

Trump’s communications with foreign leader are part of whistleblower complaint that spurred standoff between spy chief and Congress, former officials say

They always say the cover up is worse than the crime. That could be true here too. But you know its REALLY bad when the administration's first instinct is to clearly break the whistleblower laws and try to prevent the intelligence committees from being able to see the complaint.

MEH. Just more nonsense from the same swamp that has been trying to stage a coup against the outsider who dared enter their little country club. Who cares?
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2019 at 5:27:44 AM permalink
ams288
Quote: AZDuffman
Who cares?

People who don't want their president committing treason behind their backs.
September 19th, 2019 at 5:31:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: ams288
People who don't want their president committing treason behind their backs.

MEH.

People like you were silent when Obama sent loads of green cash to Iran. Again, go eat a marshmallow. Try to imagine how much we care about your "outrage." How many things have you been wrong about Trump on? How was that pee tape watch party? lol!

The more nonsense the swamp finds, the more your side tries to impeach on the charge of "we do not like him!" the stronger our support for Trump gets. Based on who is against him, he must be doing a ton of things right!
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2019 at 5:34:45 AM permalink
ams288
How many things have you been wrong about Trump on? How was that pee tape watch party? lol!

Hasn't been released yet!
September 19th, 2019 at 5:38:05 AM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6
Man I love watching AZ own the libbies lol! 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣
September 19th, 2019 at 5:39:12 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
A mature President would have SPECIFICALLY instructed his underlings to not use his hotels for official business, unless there were no reasonable alternatives. And then, clear documentation as to why a Trump property would be necessary should be provided.

The fact that he doesn't, and some $200,000 in business was steered towards his property bothers me more conceptually than in any real way. You all must realize that a single dinner outing at a restaurant costs far more than that for a President? I witnessed the motorcade necessary just to move a President. I think the use of his properties can be another talking point for the Dems in beating him in 2020. We will see if the public cares or not. If they try and use it as an impeachable offense they will lose.

The Democrats trying to use Lewandoski was so poorly thought out and so poorly done. I think it is taught in "Law 101" that you don't ask a question if you don't know what the answer is.....
September 19th, 2019 at 5:50:06 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO
A mature President would have SPECIFICALLY instructed his underlings to not use his hotels for official business, unless there were no reasonable alternatives. And then, clear documentation as to why a Trump property would be necessary should be provided.

The fact that he doesn't, and some $200,000 in business was steered towards his property bothers me more conceptually than in any real way. You all must realize that a single dinner outing at a restaurant costs far more than that for a President? I witnessed the motorcade necessary just to move a President. I think the use of his properties can be another talking point for the Dems in beating him in 2020. We will see if the public cares or not. If they try and use it as an impeachable offense they will lose.

The Democrats trying to use Lewandoski was so poorly thought out and so poorly done. I think it is taught in "Law 101" that you don't ask a question if you don't know what the answer is.....

I would be more concerned why people on government travel are allowed to stay at such a high-end property at all. We are talking 4-5 stars here. My dealings with federal travel is limited to a few week as night audit for a hotel, but I do remember any fed had to jump thru a hoop or two as to rate, etc. It was probably a 3 star place, downtown high-rise but not the best in town. So, that policy alone let them stay in a posh place is troubling.

As to a memo, that is really below what a POTUS has to think about. Such a memo should have come from below, where paper-pushers who make following policy their life's sad work are paid to think about such things. POTUS is big picture, this is small stuff.
The President is a fink.
September 19th, 2019 at 5:51:54 AM permalink
ams288
POTUS is big picture, this is small stuff.

Wasn't small for the founding founders, the Emoluments clause is in the Constitution for a reason.
September 19th, 2019 at 6:24:18 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
https://www.yahoo.com/news/gop-group-slams-mike-pence-043002055.html

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"