23 members have voted

September 8th, 2018 at 5:19:49 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
Quote: Dalex64
Both, actually.

Doesn't seem logical.

For your statement to be true, the following must be true:

Clinton was guilty, but the democrats put "party before the law" by voting that he was innocent and vice versa for the republicans.

Is this what you mean?
Let's go Brandon
September 8th, 2018 at 7:09:32 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: fleaswatter
Doesn't seem logical.

Clinton was guilty, but the democrats put "party before the law" by voting that he was innocent and vice versa for the republicans.

Is this what you men?

Nope
Bill Clinton should of resigned
Never trusted him
Never liked that sicko
Trump should resign
He's a disgrace and another sicko

I always supported Ken Starr
I was never against the Benghazi investigation
That's why I support Mueller. I don't trust power regardless of what party is in power
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 8th, 2018 at 8:05:50 PM permalink
Dalex64
Doesn't seem logical.

Is this what you men?

Huh? The Republicans in the house put on a farce that resulted in impeachment on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. The Democrats in the Senate ignored it, in party solidarity. A few senate republicans ignored it too, highlighting the farce that occurred in the house.

Note that ultimately, the charges against Clinton were from his conduct during the hearings, not because of anything he had done as president or from before he was president.

That's why Trump's attorneys don't want him to testify under oath. He would either somehow incriminate himself, or get caught lying under oath about something related, or even something totally unrelated to what is going on now, removing the need to charge him for his actions during or from before he was president. If the Democrats had the house and Trump testified, he would be facing the same charges - perjury and obstruction of justice.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 8th, 2018 at 9:17:18 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Note that ultimately, the charges against Clinton were from his conduct during the hearings, not because of anything he had done as president or from before he was president..

He was president during the hearing,
he lied in teestimony while serving as
president. He swore an oath on the
Bible that he would uphold the laws
of the Constitution, and he broke one.

What, you think he left his presidency
in the hallway when he entered the
room to testify?

"Clinton gave a sworn deposition on January 17, 1998 where he denied having a "sexual relationship", "sexual affair" or "sexual relations" with Lewinsky."

He lied under oath as president and
was impeached for it. This is why
Mueller wants Trump to answer
questions in person. Perjury trap.
But lawyers have wised up in the
last 20 years.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 9th, 2018 at 5:53:05 AM permalink
Dalex64
Huh? I didn't say Clinton wasn't president during the hearings. I am saying his conduct unrelated to the hearings was not what he was impeached for.

That whole thing started because of a court case to involve a sitting president in a lawsuit.

Perjury trap is BS. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. Clinton wanted to hide the sordid details of his personal life, and thought they might impeach him for his conduct, so he decided to lie and obstruct, so they got him on that.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 9th, 2018 at 7:33:35 AM permalink
fleaswatter
Huh? The Republicans in the house put on a farce that resulted in impeachment on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice. The Democrats in the Senate ignored it, in party solidarity. A few senate republicans ignored it too, highlighting the farce that occurred in the house.

Note that ultimately, the charges against Clinton were from his conduct during the hearings, not because of anything he had done as president or from before he was president.

That's why Trump's attorneys don't want him to testify under oath. He would either somehow incriminate himself, or get caught lying under oath about something related, or even something totally unrelated to what is going on now, removing the need to charge him for his actions during or from before he was president. If the Democrats had the house and Trump testified, he would be facing the same charges - perjury and obstruction of justice.

I deleted my post. Changed my mind about responding.
Let's go Brandon
September 9th, 2018 at 7:42:09 AM permalink
fleaswatter

Duplicate
Let's go Brandon
September 9th, 2018 at 7:43:02 AM permalink
fleaswatter

sorry, duplicate again.
Let's go Brandon
September 9th, 2018 at 8:05:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

Perjury trap is BS. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

Oh, my. Please if the cops or government come use only the word "LAWYER." If you truly believe that you absolutely need one!
The President is a fink.
September 9th, 2018 at 10:50:39 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Perjury trap is BS. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear. .

Wow, I can't believe you said that.
I'm stunned, in fact. If you really
believe that, I can't school you, it
would take too long..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.