2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

December 2nd, 2016 at 6:07:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Surprisingly, Sarah Palin is smarter than an average Trump supporter:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/sarah-palin-donald-trump-carrier-deal-crony-capitalism-232139

Quote:
But touting the value of free markets, Palin signaled her disapproval if it was a case of “political intrusion using a stick or carrot to bribe or force one individual business to do what politicians insist.”

“When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,”

Odds she won't get a job in the Orange Man's administration?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 2nd, 2016 at 6:35:40 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
No mention of Donald's Taiwan call yet?

Just look at his recent tweets... Donny made a boo-boo.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
December 2nd, 2016 at 8:09:22 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: stinkingliberal
Wow--another person who can't spell "its"! The level of education here among Trumpers is even lower than the national standard.
Ha Ha that''''''''''s hilarious. Can't respond? Change subject. It's gettin' old.
December 2nd, 2016 at 8:46:04 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: pew
If you're talking about the N word I never use it and shame on you if you do and substituting another word in it's place is pretty weak.

1970's I am on the frame crew at AT&T. With me are 3 hard core hires, AT&T Affirmative Action Plan. Ron H, black acquitted in NYC of white slavery, Donny R, black one time pimp, cook at Millionaires Club in basement of Brown Palace Hotel, Tony S, black, could not believe he took a job where there was nothing worth stealing, and me . I was referred to as the white N***** on the frame crew.
Stopped using the n word sometimes in the 80's, I think. Was right after Richard Pryor made a trip to Africa, and upon returning to USA never used that word again, at least not in public. Must have cut half of his comedy routine.
Talk about a standup guy. Has MS , lingered on 4 or 5 years until death. His website thoes last years.
I AIN'T DEAD YET M*****F*****
I am old enough to remember him on Johnny Carson show, when his act might get him called an OREO. That was before he went to UCLA
and all that white P**** corrupted his mind.
December 3rd, 2016 at 5:00:49 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
No mention of Donald's Taiwan call yet?

Just look at his recent tweets... Donny made a boo-boo.

He's in way over his head
Then he tweets, "she called me"
Absurd.
Theses calls are always arranged ahead of time
Its not like she has Trumps personal number and just called out of the blue and Trump answered the phone
What a clown
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 3rd, 2016 at 5:25:32 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Maybe Palin aint so dumb
She is questioning the Carrier deal
“When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,” the former Alaska governor wrote in an op-ed on the website Young Conservatives.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 3rd, 2016 at 8:31:47 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
He's in way over his head
Then he tweets, "she called me"
Absurd.
Theses calls are always arranged ahead of time
Its not like she has Trumps personal number and just called out of the blue and Trump answered the phone
What a clown

I have always thought it was very weak of the US to be afraid to call the leader of Taiwan. Like a bully was telling us who we can and can't be friends with. Is it possible we now have someone standing up to the bully?
December 3rd, 2016 at 8:36:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: terapined
Maybe Palin aint so dumb
She is questioning the Carrier deal
�When government steps in arbitrarily with individual subsidies, favoring one business over others, it sets inconsistent, unfair, illogical precedent,� the former Alaska governor wrote in an op-ed on the website Young Conservatives.

What's worse is that local governments do it ALL THE TIME. Build your factory here and we will give cheap electricity and no taxes for 5 years.....

The big question is how CAN we compete with our neighbor to the south, when workers in Mexico are willing to work for a fraction of the cost that workers in the US will? In other words, why aren't ALL cars manufactured in Mexico?
December 3rd, 2016 at 8:42:27 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: SOOPOO
The big question is how CAN we compete with our neighbor to the south, when workers in Mexico are willing to work for a fraction of the cost that workers in the US will? In other words, why aren't ALL cars manufactured in Mexico?

Labor is not the only factor in production. But there are plenty of places where Mexican wages seem sky high.
December 3rd, 2016 at 8:44:56 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Pacomartin
Labor is not the only factor in production. But there are plenty of places where Mexican wages seem sky high.

My guess is that regulatory/legal costs in the US dwarf that of Mexico as well.