2 votes (8.69%)
No votes (0%)
1 vote (4.34%)

23 members have voted

December 2nd, 2016 at 2:09:26 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: TheCesspit

As for education and learning, I suspect I have plenty of it, but still getting more. How about you? You wasted a day, but two fives get you a ten, you'll be back again. And still as blind as before.

If by "blind" you mean I will still disagree with you, yep, that's pretty likely. And I wasted more like ten minutes on you. Still too much, but not terrible. It wasn't the time so much as the futility of the effort. Your mind is set in stone. And you probably think that's noble or principled or something.
December 2nd, 2016 at 2:09:37 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
edited
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 2nd, 2016 at 2:14:07 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: stinkingliberal
Trump loves Trump.

Means nothing as to what kind of president
he'll make. All politicians are in love with
themselves, they're all out to get re-elected,
that's all they really care about. Even Rush
didn't predict what kind of president Obama
would make. He said he hoped he fails. And
he did, spectacularly. Obama has no legacy,
except one of failure.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 2nd, 2016 at 2:15:46 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
If by "blind" you mean I will still disagree with you, yep, that's pretty likely. And I wasted more like ten minutes on you. Still too much, but not terrible. It wasn't the time so much as the futility of the effort. Your mind is set in stone. And you probably think that's noble or principled or something.

I don't think you could even tell me what my mind is, as you continue to think I am a Trump supporter. So disagree all you want, but not sure you even know what you are disagreeing with.

And I've completely seen this exact behaviour before from someone just like you...
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
December 2nd, 2016 at 2:42:26 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Evenbob
Means nothing as to what kind of president
he'll make. All politicians are in love with
themselves, they're all out to get re-elected,
that's all they really care about. Even Rush
didn't predict what kind of president Obama
would make. He said he hoped he fails. And
he did, spectacularly. Obama has no legacy,
except one of failure.

Well, failure has to be defined--and its definition is not "EvenBob didn't like him." GWB was an utter failure, by the simple standard of comparing what the country was like when he took office--peaceful, prosperous--and what is was like when he left--two bloody wars, global recession. Obama did most of what he set out to do, and the economy is in much better shape now than it was in 2008. I think, Bob, you have to drop your partisan blinders every so often. Failure to do so causes you to say SO many stupid things.
December 2nd, 2016 at 2:44:45 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: TheCesspit
I don't think you could even tell me what my mind is, as you continue to think I am a Trump supporter. So disagree all you want, but not sure you even know what you are disagreeing with.

And I've completely seen this exact behaviour before from someone just like you...

I don't really care whether you voted for Trump or not. I was more reacting to your nonsense, some of which is Trumper stuff and some of which isn't. But paint yourself in whatever splashy colors you like.
December 2nd, 2016 at 2:45:40 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
It's hard to know what Trump could do to finally put them over the edge.

Plenty.

Nominating his sister for the Supreme Court, nominating any of his children to the Supreme Court, nominating someone to the SC who won't pledge to overturn Roe v Wade and/or Obergefell, among other things.

He'll likely get into a fight with congress within a few weeks. In particular if they dare correct him, or presume to know better. remember this is a man who doesn't think he's won, if his opponents don't suffer losses. The GOP may stand and watch the Orange Man savage a Democrat, but they won't stand it when he does it to one of their number, as he inevitably will soon enough.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 2nd, 2016 at 3:16:40 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: Nareed
Plenty.

Nominating his sister for the Supreme Court, nominating any of his children to the Supreme Court, nominating someone to the SC who won't pledge to overturn Roe v Wade and/or Obergefell, among other things.

He'll likely get into a fight with congress within a few weeks. In particular if they dare correct him, or presume to know better. remember this is a man who doesn't think he's won, if his opponents don't suffer losses. The GOP may stand and watch the Orange Man savage a Democrat, but they won't stand it when he does it to one of their number, as he inevitably will soon enough.

Haven't we been hypothesizing for some time that Trump would do something that would turn off Republican support for him, and each time, we think, "well, this has to be it," and each time, we're wrong?

The key here is that the Republicans view Trump as a useful tool. He's deflected attention from their so far successful crusade to absolutely dominate American politics and impose permanent one-party rule on the land. While we've been staring in horrified fascination at Trump's hate rallies, Republicans have been quietly ensuring that they will control every aspect and branch of government for generations. Sure, people will eventually become outraged, but by that time, they'll have no more power to change anything that the Social Democrats did in Germany in 1934 (most of whom perished in labor camps).
December 2nd, 2016 at 3:37:53 PM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Dizzy, disoriented, and confused--sounds like you're a Trumper, all right! Try not to throw up on the lawn.
Come on man, don't don't be so bitter. Jump on the train with the rest of America. We're all gonna prosper in every way!
December 2nd, 2016 at 4:31:50 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: pew
Come on man, don't don't be so bitter. Jump on the train with the rest of America. We're all gonna prosper in every way!

You know, if I really thought that, I might be willing to ignore Trump's hatefulness and incompetence. However, I have a fair amount of education in economics--you know, that book larnin' that Republicans disdain so much--and that education tells me that his policies simply can't work in the long run.

I'd like to see America prosper. All I have to do is look out the window. Yeah, some people are better off than others--but that will always be true. My barometer is that even our poor have houses, cars, refrigerators, washing machines, access to education and yes, medical care. That tells me that we're doing something right and that the implied premise of Trump's "Make America Great Again" is bullshit. We already ARE pretty goddamn great. Even with a darky in the White House and the rule of a skanky bitch--to use EvenBob's elegant phrasing--only narrowly averted.