Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

January 27th, 2017 at 11:16:41 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
His job required that he move again.
If he had to move so frequently how did he manage to lug so many books with him?
Concocted story? Probably.
January 27th, 2017 at 11:48:28 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Fleastiff
If he had to move so frequently how did he manage to lug so many books with him?

?????
The Willow tree is a real place
You are free to contact them about this true story they posted
The Willow Tree Coffeehouse and Music Room
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 27th, 2017 at 3:06:45 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23

Maybe he reads a lot. Unlike some folks around here. ;)
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
January 27th, 2017 at 3:55:24 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Yea, Maryland. Owned by a former musician and sometime performance place for jam sessions. Story still sounds fishy to me though. I once knew someone who moved with 24 cardboard boxes: 23 books and 1 everything else that he owned. I've even read a book or two in my time. Doesn't mean I swallow every story line hook line and sinker. I know some muslim stories too: Upper West Side of Manhattan. Ran an upscale health food place. Let a Columbia graduate student and her girlfriend come in the last week of each month and graze his store without buying anything since they were usually broke by that time. Used to be a military officer and would often tell his yuppie customers to "drop and give me twenty" and tell them they were getting flabby. Decided to go off and finish out his life living with wolves. There are bunches of such stories.
January 27th, 2017 at 6:29:51 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I see a trump supporter attacked a Muslim airport worker at the Delta Lounge
So I go to google news and search the guys name
The foxnews headline stunned me.
Here is a copy and paste of the headlines

NitroFreeze page removes mention of president Robin Rhodes, man ...
MassLive.com-4 hours ago

Trump 'will get rid of all of you': Man allegedly attacks Muslim airline ...
Washington Post-9 hours ago

Businessman Accused of Attacking Muslim JFK Airport Worker
ABC News-8 hours ago

The Latest: Mom says suspect in hate crime is kind, caring
Fox News-9 hours ago

Massachusetts man charged with hate crime after assaulting Muslim ...
WABC-TV-22 hours ago

Trump-loving passenger cuffed for harassing Muslim Delta worker
Local Source-New York Daily News-Jan 26, 2017
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
January 27th, 2017 at 8:26:29 PM permalink
Fleastiff
How about tired, frustrated passenger gets annoyed by lazy pratt of a worker. No trump or muslim issues at all. I'll wait for the dust to settle on this one.
January 28th, 2017 at 2:19:33 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
How about tired, frustrated passenger gets annoyed by lazy pratt of a worker. No trump or muslim issues at all. I'll wait for the dust to settle on this one.

Since he specifically referred to Trump and by implication, his anti-Muslim policies-to-be, it's safe to assume that this wasn't a case of the poor, innocent bigot being justifiably annoyed to the point of violence by the lazy, no-good MOOZLEEM airport worker. It's probably exactly as it sounds--a Trumper racist asshole targeting a Muslim whose crime was to be in the vicinity when said asshole decided to throw a fit of pique.
January 28th, 2017 at 2:23:00 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
Quote: terapined
I see a trump supporter attacked a Muslim airport worker at the Delta Lounge
So I go to google news and search the guys name
The foxnews headline stunned me.

But Fox News has the absolute truthiest truth in the whole wide world! They courageously stand up to the no-good liberal media and employ very possibly verifiable alternative facts to get at the truthiest very true truth you could ever truly believe!
January 28th, 2017 at 3:45:42 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Our local paper--the Houston Chronicle--has LOTS of headlines on their website that are total mismatches with the actual story. That is one outlet where I have often seen things happen like the Fox example. I have seen it on other websites, too, but the Chronicle is one that does it a lot...

Stories do develop over the course of the news cycle. I have seen a lot of assholes that parents and friends said "he's/she's a nice person" and stiff like that...and somehow that becomes the headline for a while.... "Poor little Johnny couldn't have killed all those people that he was standing on top of with that gun in his hand...he's a nice boy" becomes "Family Says Johnny is Nice" or something like that. Also, headlines are not usually written by the reporters.

So here is what is actually up on Fox right now with a search on the issue...

Prosecutor: Man attacks Muslim airline employee at JFK

"NEW YORK – A Massachusetts man is accused of attacking a Muslim airline employee at New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport, allegedly kicking and shouting obscenities at the woman and telling her that President Donald Trump "will get rid of all of you," authorities said."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/27/prosecutor-man-attacks-muslim-airline-employee-at-jfk.html

Yep, they have it all wrong...

...and not to get into the whole "Alternative Facts" thing, which I think was an idiotic statement and should be made fun of, actual FACTS are not always interpreted the same by every person.

The fact that someone supports abortion can make them...

A supporter of woman's rights

or

A supporter of the murder of unborn children

The same person, seen from two different points of view.
January 28th, 2017 at 5:32:34 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Pissed off drunk fires bullet into his own TV set.... Sheriff charges him with Terrorism because it gets the sheriff sexy headlines and some federal funding enhancement.

Its probably the same thing here.... someone got served too much alcohol or got onto too many long lines for being groped by TSA twerps or didn't get enough sleep or had a wife who had one too many headaches or a boss with one too many absurd demands and suddenly its a matter of headlines about the Whitehouse and The Invasion.

Or Nice, France: a loser with a life long contempt for women and a distinct preference for depictions of gore and for rough sex, spends two weeks vacation from being a handyman enshrouding himself in the trappings of Islam and goes on a killing rampage.