Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

Page 1 of 581234>Last »
November 13th, 2015 at 9:47:22 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eagles_of_Death_Metal

Gunment opened fire in Paris primarily at a concert venue where a US metal band was giving a concert. Over 120 dead at the venue. Simultaneous attacks at five other locations resulted in cumulative 30 dead elsewhere. At least five suicide bombers. No claimants of responsibility.

Le Bataclan name is a pun on the expression le tout bataclan (the whole caboodle) and is a historic venue that features an eclectic mix of musicians. There were about 1500 people attending the conference

November 14th, 2015 at 4:03:56 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Pacomartin

Gunment opened fire in Paris primarily at a concert venue where a US metal band was giving a concert. Over 120 dead at the venue. Simultaneous attacks at five other locations resulted in cumulative 30 dead elsewhere. At least five suicide bombers. No claimants of responsibility.

It was bound to happen, and will keep happening. Give it a few weeks for the apologists to resume defending ialamic immigration and islam itself to the end.

This is what some of us are trying to warn about. It is a worldwide struggle, but one side refuses to take it serious.
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2015 at 5:38:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Didn't take ISIS long to claim responsibility

http://www.thelocal.fr/20151114/live-paris-attacks-death-toll-rises-to-127

As I noted elsewhere, the charge that to point out the danger of trying to assimilate these people is 'racism'* gets to the point of the ridiculousness of a person living on the English coast in the time of Viking raids decrying all the 'racist comments' he hears about the Norsemen.

*more properly the charge should be 'religious bigotry' or 'anti-muslim bigotry' not 'racism' grrrrrrrr - whether you agree or not
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 14th, 2015 at 5:54:48 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
It was bound to happen, and will keep happening. Give it a few weeks for the apologists to resume defending ialamic immigration and islam itself to the end.

This is what some of us are trying to warn about. It is a worldwide struggle, but one side refuses to take it serious.

Its a complicated world.
Isis is killing Muslims
Refugees are fleeing due to Isis killing so many Muslims
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2015 at 5:59:15 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Its a complicated world.
Isis is killing Muslims
Refugees are fleeing due to Isis killing so many Muslims

I guess for some it did not even take a few weeks. *******GIGANTIC SIGH/FACEPALM*******
The President is a fink.
November 14th, 2015 at 8:19:57 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
Its a complicated world.
Isis is killing Muslims

Muslims are killing Muslims, so the solution is
to let them into the West so they can kill us too?
I don't think so. If people from some dirtbag
religion want to kill each other, that's their problem.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 14th, 2015 at 8:24:27 AM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
I guess for some it did not even take a few weeks. *******GIGANTIC SIGH/FACEPALM*******

Yep, your post certainly made me feel that way.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 14th, 2015 at 2:30:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Are we now seeing the consequences of an unstable Middle East by taking out Saddam Hussein?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 14th, 2015 at 3:32:47 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
It is never fun when its AK47s and Body Armor versus unarmed men distracted by beautiful women, alcohol and good music.

I doubt any of them were recent immigrants because they would not want those unfamiliar with the area and the language to be screwing things by being unable to find the venue or comply with traffic and parking restrictions to deliver the weapons, which at one venue, were apparently inside a large speaker-like box on wheels.
November 14th, 2015 at 3:49:25 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I find it amazing that there's not yet word on who the terrorists were, how they're network was built, how it was financed, who gave the order, but the bigots are already pointing the finger at the refugees who were trying to get away from terrorists like these in their own lands.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 1 of 581234>Last »