Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

January 6th, 2016 at 5:20:19 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: beachbumbabs
I'm pointing out your distortion, not deflecting. Whites as a race are vastly richer in the US than the others. That makes them favored targets of all money-based crimes, from robbery/muggings and burglary to extortion and auto theft. For example, this pew research report shows the average annual income for 2014 by race. Whites earn 13x more than blacks, and 10x more than Hispanics. (Not the only pertinent example, but one of the clearest.) So, for money-based motives, which are the majority of reasons people commit crimes, why would the average white attack the average black, or any "other" race for that matter? You've drawn a false conclusion; it's not race-based.

BBB your linked article is not annual income it is wealth. This is a much different figure. It will be skewed by the fact a very high percentage of the extremely wealthy will be white. The visible minorities I am sure make significantly less money but nowhere near 13X. It takes time to acquire wealth and a high enough income that you can save or maybe you inherit wealth from the previous generation.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 6th, 2016 at 5:28:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
I'm pointing out your distortion, not deflecting. Whites as a race are vastly richer in the US than the others. That makes them favored targets of all money-based crimes, from robbery/muggings and burglary to extortion and auto theft. For example, this pew research report shows the average annual income for 2014 by race. Whites earn 13x more than blacks, and 10x more than Hispanics. (Not the only pertinent example, but one of the clearest.) So, for money-based motives, which are the majority of reasons people commit crimes, why would the average white attack the average black, or any "other" race for that matter? You've drawn a false conclusion; it's not race-based.

BBB your linked article is not annual income it is wealth. This is a much different figure. It will be skewed by the fact a very high percentage of the extremely wealthy will be white. The visible minorities I am sure make significantly less money but nowhere near 13X. It takes time to acquire wealth and a high enough income that you can save or maybe you inherit wealth from the previous generation.

You beat me to this, read that once and thought 13Xs seemed way, way out of whack even if you assume there are some super-wealthy in there. BTW: much of this 13Xs is surely just based on home-ownership vs renting.
The President is a fink.
January 6th, 2016 at 6:05:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Wait a minute. Comparing working whites to
working blacks and whites make 13X more?
How is that even possible. So a white exterminator
makes 13X more than a black one? A white
used car dealer makes 13 times more than a black
one? A white Burger King franchise owner makes
13X more than a black one.

That is nonsense.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 6th, 2016 at 7:52:03 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Evenbob
Wait a minute. Comparing working whites to
working blacks and whites make 13X more?
How is that even possible. So a white exterminator
makes 13X more than a black one? A white
used car dealer makes 13 times more than a black
one? A white Burger King franchise owner makes
13X more than a black one.

That is nonsense.

You're right, and it also isn't what the study says.

It doesn't compare working whites to working blacks, or whites to blacks who have the same job.

The study compares median net worth of households by race/ethnic group.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 6th, 2016 at 7:55:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64

The study compares median net worth of households by race/ethnic group.

So it's comparing working people to
mostly nonworking people? That's
real useful, why not compare apples
to oranges, it makes as much sense.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 6th, 2016 at 9:33:51 PM permalink
beachbumbabs
Threads: 6

I misstated the purpose of the study (sorry), but y'all (and the survey) are making my point for me. Median net worth multiples more than other races, why would whites attack blacks or Hispanics when their purpose is money? Blacks and Hispanics (as a group) don't have any! And the majority of violent crimes with white victims are perpetrated by other whites, at more than 4x the rate of blacks. The problem is not racial.
Never doubt a small group of concerned citizens can change the world; it's the only thing ever has
January 6th, 2016 at 9:58:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
And the majority of violent crimes with white victims are perpetrated by other whites, at more than 4x the rate of blacks.

Crime is a neighborhood thing, and there
are 4 times as many whites as blacks. Common
sense prevails.
January 7th, 2016 at 2:56:30 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I misstated the purpose of the study (sorry), but y'all (and the survey) are making my point for me. Median net worth multiples more than other races, why would whites attack blacks or Hispanics when their purpose is money? Blacks and Hispanics (as a group) don't have any! And the majority of violent crimes with white victims are perpetrated by other whites, at more than 4x the rate of blacks. The problem is not racial.

Assumes the purpose is always just money, probably not the case. Also assumes the white will have much more money on them than the black, maybe or maybe not the case. Muggers for one pick a weak-looking target. They know they are only going to get so much money.

Racial or not, the numbers point that there is not an epidemic of whites attacking blacks but more the other way around, blowing holes in the BLM movement's premises.
The President is a fink.
January 7th, 2016 at 5:24:52 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3

What mostly nonworking people?

Labor statistics, such as participation and unemployment rate, by race/ethnic group:
http://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t02.htm
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 8th, 2016 at 6:56:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman