Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

December 8th, 2015 at 9:01:02 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
The words "peaceful" and "islam" should not be used together. I have met people nearly killed by muslims. Look at the Christians killed in Africa by muslims. Look at the attacks on Israel. Look at the attacks in the USA.

About 20 million visitors a year enter the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, which allows them to stay 90 days. It was started in 1986 to boost tourism and tighten the country's relationship with its closest allies.

There is one Muslim Kingdom on the list. Should we move a nation from status that permits visitation without a visa to a total ban because of issues that they have little ore no conern about?
  1. Andorra
  2. Austria
  3. Belgium
  4. Czech Republic
  5. Denmark
  6. Estonia
  7. Finland
  8. France
  9. Germany
  10. Greece
  11. Hungary
  12. Iceland
  13. Ireland
  14. Italy
  15. Latvia
  16. Liechtenstein
  17. Lithuania
  18. Luxembourg
  19. Malta
  20. Monaco
  21. Netherlands
  22. Norway
  23. Portugal
  24. San Marino
  25. Spain
  26. Sweden
  27. Switzerland
  28. Slovakia
  29. Slovenia
  30. United Kingdom
  31. Australia
  32. New Zealand
  33. Japan
  34. South Korea
  35. Singapore
  36. Taiwan
  37. Chile
  38. Brunei

Brunei's population was 408,786 in July 2012. Brunei gained its independence from the United Kingdom on 1 January 1984. Islam is the official religion of Brunei, specifically that of the Sunni branch, as dictated by the Mudabh of Shafi'i. Two-thirds of the population, including the majority of Bruneian Malays and Bruneian Chinese, adhere to Islam.
December 14th, 2015 at 12:41:31 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Without even seeing the results I could have made a pretty sure bet on this one.

Quote:
The pair chose specific Biblical passages that are far out of touch with modern Western culture, and they read them out loud to passerby, pretending they were reading from the Quran. People said the readings were "aggressive," while they described the Bible as "more peaceful" and "positive." The shock was palpable when they found out the verses they had just heard were actually part of the Christian holy text.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bible-passages-quran_5665e8bfe4b08e945ff0620c
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
December 14th, 2015 at 1:23:39 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
Without even seeing the results I could have made a pretty sure bet on this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bible-passages-quran_5665e8bfe4b08e945ff0620c

Very good post
Both the Bible and Quran are very violent books
Conservatives highlight the Quran violent passages and are silent on the Bible's violent passages

Mankind would be better off if both books are ignored
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 14th, 2015 at 1:30:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine

Good one.

I read once where members of congress were asked to sign the Declaration and many refused.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
December 14th, 2015 at 2:01:15 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: terapined
Very good post
Both the Bible and Quran are very violent books

Products of their violent times.

Quote:
Conservatives highlight the Quran violent passages and are silent on the Bible's violent passages

To be fair, the whole Christian religion has been tamed by humanism. The upsides of the religious wars of the 17th and 18th centuries, was a radical reduction on the power of the churches, as well as the separation of church and state.

Islam hasn't, quite, and it's more complicated due to the fact that Muhammad was a military conqueror as well as a religious leader.

Quote:
Mankind would be better off if both books are ignored

Unquestionably.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 14th, 2015 at 2:44:38 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

When people hijack airplanes and crash them into skyscrapers in the name of the Bible give me a call.
The President is a fink.
December 15th, 2015 at 11:12:24 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
December 15th, 2015 at 4:25:59 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: petroglyph
We can all hope ISIS doesn't turn the holidays into another tragedy in Rome.

Considering the number of popes, and the fact that 9% of the American Presidents were murdered, no pope has been assassinated with certainty for a 1000 years.

ISIS would be insane to go after the pope. Of course, that comment may not mean anything. But it would be a global tragedy.
December 18th, 2015 at 10:47:15 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
When people hijack airplanes and crash them into skyscrapers in the name of the Bible give me a call.

No call but raping children was pretty much encouraged by the Church by not discouraging it.

My point has been that these are extremists that don't represent Islam

Now you have stated that Islam is not compatible with the West
I disagree
but
I hope you don't support violence against Muslims in general due to Christian hate

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hate-crimes-against-muslims-have-tripled-since-attacks-in-paris-san-bernardino_567428bbe4b0b958f6564f3d
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 18th, 2015 at 3:41:29 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
No call but raping children was pretty much encouraged by the Church by not discouraging it.

Encouraged? No. Covering up actions by gay priests, yes.

Quote:
Now you have stated that Islam is not compatible with the West
I disagree
but
I hope you don't support violence against Muslims in general due to Christian hate

Not a very reputable article. You cannot draw a conclusion about an increase in hate crimes over such a short period. I will always maintain islam is not compatible with western values, until the day I die I will maintain this. History is on my side.

Meanwhile, Hobsons Choice for the media in reporting this little muslim hate crime!
The President is a fink.