Did you ever notice?

November 23rd, 2015 at 7:58:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think modern religion is the last stronghold of magic and sorcery being the unknown source of things. We've finally got the sorcerer limited to things like beginning of time because we've exposed so much of their other venues in regular life where they tried to hold the public sway.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:02:37 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
How do you imagine we would observe a supernatural cause? Do you think we could see it with a telescope? Hubble catch a brief glimpse of a giant eye winking at us or a booming voice from the heavens, "that was me!" This is not to say that supernatural causes are unverifiable which would be as good as calling them useless. What I am trying to point out is that you need a different tool to discover them that is not lab equipment. Namely you need to use your noggin or good old reason. One hundred percent of all things on Earth and in the Heavens have a cause, they have been created. Since this is the case that also means that 100% of all the interesting and weird mysteries that surround them also were created by a being or force that is truly eternal, supernatural (or spiritual), and all powerful that we all commonly call God.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:07:36 PM permalink
rxwine
What I am pointing out, is that many many things, more than I'm probably even aware of, have been attributed to supernatural causes. The human race defaults to that when it is convinced there couldn't be a natural world conclusion. But time and again, it resolves to finding some new knowledge of the natural world.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:13:22 PM permalink
FrGamble
Yeah, I am not a believer in the "God of the Gaps" either. He is God of the beginning, the gaps, and the end. "I am the alpha and the omega." - Jesus
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:21:23 PM permalink
rxwine
The thing un-seeable I'm most interested in studying is not a god, but consciousness. That's one of the best real mysteries.

Some humans have defaulted to a soul because they can't believe it has an explanation. I think we will solve that eventually, after all it's much more available than the beginning of time and space.
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:29:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
How do you imagine we would observe a supernatural cause?

How do you imagine one could be proved,
where is the evidence. But what HAS been
debunked countless times, is what we
used to call supernatural has been proven
time and again not to be. It will all be
debunked eventually, the supernatural does
not exist.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:30:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
the gaps, and the end. "I am the alpha and the omega." - Jesus

'Jesus never said that.' The Jesus Seminar
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:39:20 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
'Jesus never said that.' The Jesus Seminar

"I did say that." -Jesus
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:40:06 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
The thing un-seeable I'm most interested in studying is not a god, but consciousness. That's one of the best real mysteries.

I agree that is one of the most wonderful and awesome mysteries.
November 23rd, 2015 at 8:49:05 PM permalink
rxwine
Some of the things you come across online cause the LOL.

Quote:
im not trying to insult anyone but if god is all powerfulll can he kill himself" or make a coffee so hot it will burn his hand?

I do like hot coffee. None of that mild stuff.