Quote: Evenbob
Not at all. But when you advertise your bigotry,
like the Church does, when you put your
intolerance on display for all to see, like your
proud of it, then it's hard to ignore. It's impossible
to respect any bigoted organization when they
try and cover their bigotry, their hurting of others,
by saying it's really love and compassion they're
showing. This makes them both bigots and hypocrites.

I'd keep this up, but they put you in the loony bin for talking to the wall, which is where this is going. FrG, sorry, I did my best.

As to explaining to EB that having beliefs and standards is not "bigoted"........................

The President is a fink.
September 26th, 2015 at 1:38:21 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Nothing against Francis, but I'm looking forward to getting back to normal and talking about Donald Trump again.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 26th, 2015 at 2:16:29 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
http://airwaysnews.com/blog/2015/09/24/american-airlines-to-serve-papal-flights/

Quote:
The Vatican City State does not have a specific airplane designated for the Pope, neither operates a special jet specifically earmarked for the Pope. Instead, often relies on Italy’s flag carrier Alitalia, which takes an aircraft out of its normal passenger operations schedule for this purpose.

I hear this is how poor peasants travel by air as well.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 26th, 2015 at 2:25:06 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Wait until you hear tomorrow's second reading and the Pope's homily. I'm predicting fireworks and I think Donald Trumps hair will fall off.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 26th, 2015 at 2:31:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: FrGamble
Wait until you hear tomorrow's second reading and the Pope's homily. I'm predicting fireworks and I think Donald Trumps hair will fall off.

Uh, oh! The reading I know is pretty set in stone for what the day of the Holy Year is, at least IIRC. But does the Padre have some inside info on the Homily, which is free-form? :-)
The President is a fink.
September 26th, 2015 at 3:19:47 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
What is the over/under on the number of times the pope mentions Jesus by name (not his title) in the homily?
September 26th, 2015 at 4:39:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
FrG, why am I being blocked from sending
you PM's?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 26th, 2015 at 4:57:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
As to explaining to EB that having beliefs and standards is not "bigoted"

Here's an article from 4 days ago from people
IN THE CHURCH who agree 100% with me.
They are even more outspoken, in fact.

"The Roman Catholic Church is bigoted, misogynistic, controlling, judgmental, outdated and pharisaical – in the view of some its own most devoted members.. Children and young people … see a Church which discriminates against those who are divorced, gay, against women, and yet hides internal corruption.."

Maybe you should reach out to these people
who are members of the Church, and think it's
bigoted from personal experience, maybe you
can make black look like white to them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11883273/Bigoted-misogynistic-and-controlling-scathing-critique-of-Catholic-Church-by-its-own-members.html
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 26th, 2015 at 7:33:12 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: AZDuffman
I'd keep this up, but they put you in the loony bin for talking to the wall, which is where this is going. FrG, sorry, I did my best.

As to explaining to EB that having beliefs and standards is not "bigoted"........................

Welcome to my world. I had to block him for a few days to help me better enjoy the Pope's visit. Good use of a great clip from a great movie.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 26th, 2015 at 7:37:12 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Quote: Evenbob
FrG, why am I being blocked from sending
you PM's?

I haven't laughed so hard in days -- thank you.