The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

Page 52 of 55« First<49505152535455>
July 21st, 2020 at 12:53:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
Just came from occupational therapy, I cant walk thirty feet even with a walker in front of me and a wheel chair in back of me. SpO2 = 88 PERCEENT.
Is that with or without supplemental O2?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 21st, 2020 at 1:54:53 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: petroglyph
Is that with or without supplemental O2?
WITHOUT.
July 21st, 2020 at 2:44:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
WITHOUT.
Are you doing your breathing exercises like they tell you? It can get better if your lungs aren't permanently damaged.
July 23rd, 2020 at 4:14:28 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Just came from occupational therapy, I cant walk thirty feet even with a walker in front of me and a wheel chair in back of me. SpO2 = 88 PERCEENT.

Had better numbers today but no stamina. good spo2 good numbers all over the place but weakness no energy.

repeat of fluid tap is tomorrow, going to try to drain my calf muscles to since legs are more purple than anything else.
July 24th, 2020 at 1:18:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
repeat of fluid tap is tomorrow,
.I seem to have exceeded my previous record by 0.3 liters. I guess I feel thinner and I look thinner. Stomach is no longer swollen and drum-like. back in same room of same filthy nursing home. Ascites removed. Thoracentises. PARACENTISES, I think.

going to try to drain my calf muscles to since legs are more purple than anything else.
They made no attempt to do that, only my belly.
July 24th, 2020 at 1:29:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
.I seem to have exceeded my previous record by 0.3 liters. I guess I feel thinner and I look thinner. Stomach is no longer swollen and drum-like. back in same room of same filthy nursing home. Ascites removed. Thoracentises.
What is causing the fluids?
July 24th, 2020 at 2:16:26 PM permalink
Fleastiff
What is causing the fluids?
Unproven. Usually it is liver failure. It is medically diagnosed as a too plentiful ?? type of blood ?? cell known as oonos or something like that.
Unknown if recent Diverticulosis caused by Primary CARE contributed to it.
Weight gain was so massive it is probably what caused broken hip so massive dietary change and misuse of drug is ultimately responsible.
July 24th, 2020 at 3:20:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Unproven. Usually it is liver failure.
Unknown if recent Diverticulosis caused by Primary CARE contributed to it.
Weight gain was so massive it is probably what caused broken hip so massive dietary change and misuse of drug is ultimately responsible.
Diverticulitus can be fatal. I had a colon rupture from it when living remote.

Also had a good friend die from his bursting.

As I watch medieval shows I think of how many people died in agony from their colons rupturing not having enough fiber.
July 24th, 2020 at 5:26:03 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Diverticulitus can be fatal. I had a colon rupture from it when living remote.

Also had a good friend die from his bursting.

As I watch medieval shows I think of how many people died in agony from their colons rupturing not having enough fiber.

It's scary
I was in pain.
The system sucks. I kept complaining. They wanted to do a colonoscopy 1st. I kept complaining. Luckily they scheduled a CAT scan due to me complaining and scan discovered a potential rupture. Operated on next day removing 1/3 of my colon. I consider myself lucky. Without the timing of the of the scan, could have ruptured and died. Also luckily, went back to re attach my colon and get rid of colostomy bag.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 24th, 2020 at 6:16:33 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
It's scary
I was in pain.
The system sucks. I kept complaining. They wanted to do a colonoscopy 1st. I kept complaining. Luckily they scheduled a CAT scan due to me complaining and scan discovered a potential rupture. Operated on next day removing 1/3 of my colon. I consider myself lucky. Without the timing of the of the scan, could have ruptured and died. Also luckily, went back to re attach my colon and get rid of colostomy bag.
I had the same procedure, lived with a bag for a couple months.

Having Sepsis was impressive.
Page 52 of 55« First<49505152535455>