The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

June 21st, 2020 at 9:12:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Fleastiff

I have someone i cn give power of attornry to but she want durable power of attorney which is notorized and notay will only show up for a fifty dolllar fee but wont draft the document?

No notary will draft a document. That is a job for the lawyer. Notaries just verify that you signed. The $50 is mostly for the trip. The fee to sign is usually <$5.

Please make sure you get a lawyer to write a POA.
The President is a fink.
June 21st, 2020 at 9:19:32 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Soopoo: they were going to try for another 16.1 litres of fluid but they dont do it.

i would like to remain mentally active but can't even get onto the internt or dress appropriately with all that scrambled eggs and paper diapers.

Would it be best to walk out of this supposedly higher level of care?

THey have me doing Sarcpoenia exercises but my legs get sore very rapidly and there seems to be no Light at the end of the tunnel" ALL they want to do is run up billing charges on me. they talk about ahearing but nothing takes place.
SHOULD i contact my Primary Care Provider and deny both receipt of a high level of care or need for one?

I have someone i cn give power of attornry to but she want durable power of attorney which is notorized and notay will only show up for a fifty dolllar fee but wont draft the document?

i don't want to "check out" now but i do think it might be more desirable than being kept a prizoner of medicare if i have absolutely no one as an advocate. iwould value hpe and progress but not just put him on a machine and bill medicare for his babbling nonsense until he actually kicks off.

Flea... I'm sorry to hear about your travails..... Your medical and legal and financial situations are all very complicated. Please don't be thinking that the doctors/nurses/therapists are all working on your behalf all have ulterior motives. They probably see an ill gentleman, and are doing their best to help. I assume you do not pay any of the charges, correct?

The only thing I can reasonably address is the "remove 16.1 liters of fluid." That's 35 pounds of liquid. If your body is sequestering that much fluid outside of your circulatory system there is little doctors can do for you. Salt restriction, diet, exercise, stockings, only go so far. Draining is virtually always a temporary stopgap try. I can't tell by your post if you are having kidney failure. And by machine you mean dialysis machine.

The one point that you make that I agree with 100% is the need for an advocate. Those that have an active one tend to get better, more coordnated care. Sad, but true.
June 21st, 2020 at 9:56:33 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
ALL they want to do is run up billing charges on me.

Would you rather they ignored
you completely? A couple
generations ago you would
have kicked long before now,
count every day you get as
a bonus day. Did you think
morbid obesity was going to
pay different dividends than
the ones you're receiving? My
father in law just passed on at
95, he was skinny as a rail all
his life. Orson Wells died at
70, fat as an elephant. You
connect the dots.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 24th, 2020 at 6:56:34 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: SOOPOO
Flea... I'm sorry to hear about your travails..... Your medical and legal and financial situations are all very complicated.

The only thing I can reasonably address is the "remove 16.1 liters of fluid." That's 35 pounds of liquid. If your body is sequestering that much fluid outside of your circulatory system there is little doctors can do for you. Salt restriction, diet, exercise, stockings, only go so far. Draining is virtually always a temporary stopgap try. I can't tell by your post if you are having kidney failure. And by machine you mean dialysis machine.
not dialysis? choriocentosis? I have sleep apnea and intubated legumes, they seem to want me to produce eggs and some thing to flow into them,

The one point that you make that I agree with 100% is the need for an advocate. Those that have an active one tend to get better, more coordnated care. Sad, but true.

i'm told its lymph fuid, from lmyphedoma
June 24th, 2020 at 1:32:13 PM permalink
Fleastiff
i'm told its lymph fuid, from lmyphedoma
they keep expectin me to have immediate Illformed diarrhea. and no underwear.
June 24th, 2020 at 3:11:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
they keep expectin me to have immediate Illformed diarrhea. and no underwear.

You lead such an exciting life..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 25th, 2020 at 7:35:05 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
You lead such an exciting life..
???????????????
June 30th, 2020 at 9:22:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
VOTE:

Orthopedist wanders into room to discuss broken hip fracture and mending state.
During said discussion Patient happens to go into deep Micro sleep and then snap out it.Doc is astounded at Patients tendency to microsleep so soundly and cant believe patient was sleep hygiene lecturer for several years.

should care facility give a DARN or not?
June 30th, 2020 at 9:50:16 AM permalink
Evenbob
sleep hygiene

What the heck is that. Wash your
hands before bed?
July 9th, 2020 at 8:00:49 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Evenbob
What the heck is that. Wash your hands before bed?
Timing, lighting,sleephase determination,latency, etc.