The constraints of being a Curmudgeon on health and welfare.

March 30th, 2020 at 7:48:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Fleastiff
So for two years I have been avoiding all DAIRY (eggs, cheese, milk, yoghurt) mainly to keep inter-cranial parasites at bay, now the quacks want me eating lots of that stuff. They had previously recommended avacado, now they forbid it. They had previously said to avoid rice, now they say to avoid white rice. They had previously touted Quinona, now they forbid it.

WHAT SHOULD I DO? Just trust MoW and no one else????

I am assuming you are concerned about intracranial parasites, not inter-cranial ones.....
Ava Cado is a cute hispanic girl I knew years ago. Avocado is what I like with my eel.
Quinona I believe is a shortstop from the Dominican Republic, Quinoa is a grain.
I'll give you yoghurt as OnceDear might spell it that way.

I hate to admit it, but I'm agreeing with DRich here. Eat what you enjoy.
Avoiding dairy to 'keep inter-cranial (sic) parasites at bay? Ummmm... No....!
March 30th, 2020 at 7:58:05 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Maybe the avocado overdose affected my spelling?

>>>>>>>>Avoiding dairy to 'keep inter-cranial (sic) parasites at bay? Ummmm... No....!
I recall being told the ocular parasites attack the optic nerve. I don't have the courage to go blind.
March 31st, 2020 at 7:52:35 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

I hate to admit it, but I'm agreeing with DRich here. Eat what you enjoy.

I am baffled. i must retain this post for future reference.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 31st, 2020 at 9:23:51 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: DRich
I am baffled. i must retain this post for future reference.
Well, SOOPOO seems to have dodged the issues by attacking my spelling rather than addressing:

Avocado going from a very strong plus to a absolutely forbidden negative.
Dairy from utterly forbidden to strongly encouraged.
Quinoa from recommended to forbidden.
Rice from forbidden to only white rice being forbidden.
Anyway, I unpacked the Senior Box items, not too bad, though i did have two sliced apples instead of the higher fructose load, applesauce.

And, if SOOPOO really was concerned about my spelling, he should be urging me to follow a NU-AGE diet due to its enhanced cognitive effects on old geezers like me.
March 31st, 2020 at 12:33:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
SOOPOO, I actually took your advice and ate some of that government cheese. Didn't kick off, yet!
March 31st, 2020 at 3:31:03 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: Fleastiff
Well, SOOPOO seems to have dodged the issues by attacking my spelling rather than addressing:

Avocado going from a very strong plus to a absolutely forbidden negative.
Dairy from utterly forbidden to strongly encouraged.
Quinoa from recommended to forbidden.
Rice from forbidden to only white rice being forbidden.
Anyway, I unpacked the Senior Box items, not too bad, though i did have two sliced apples instead of the higher fructose load, applesauce.

And, if SOOPOO really was concerned about my spelling, he should be urging me to follow a NU-AGE diet due to its enhanced cognitive effects on old geezers like me.

I'm not really concerned about your spelling.
I didn't mean to dodge your questions. I truly believe, having followed your story for years now, that the benefit of your enjoyment of foods you love outweighs the perceived risks from eating them.
I've never even heard of brain parasites from drinking pasteurized milk products.
I eat eel. Some say its BAD!
I eat swordfish. DITTO.
I don't overuse salt, but if I'm eating something that I feel is too bland.... pass the shaker!
I'v switched from white rice to brown rice. Now that I'm used to it I don't mind.
March 31st, 2020 at 3:41:49 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: SOOPOO

I don't overuse salt, but if I'm eating something that I feel is too bland.... pass the shaker!

I over salt everything and pretty much only eat salty foods. That might be one of the 100 factors of my absurd blood pressure. As I am typing this I am eating some beef jerky that is so salty that I am getting a blood pressure headache. I would not be surprised if I stroke out tonight.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
April 1st, 2020 at 7:40:07 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I suspect dieticians are as prone to following fads as anybody

I searched the web and it looks like the bad-mouthing against quinoa is that the demand over here has driven up the price so much the locals in Andean countries can't afford it anymore [supposedly]

whadyagonado?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
April 1st, 2020 at 8:54:57 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Quote: odiousgambit

I searched the web and it looks like the bad-mouthing against quinoa is that the demand over here has driven up the price so much the locals in Andean countries can't afford it anymore [supposedly]

whadyagonado?

I don't like quinoa, compared to similar other grains. Way prefer wild rice, or even brown rice.
April 1st, 2020 at 9:00:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: odiousgambit
YES, that is probably it.