Was Jesus God?

December 4th, 2015 at 5:53:32 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
I have no response because it's ridiculous.

This is your strategy when you are wrong, you can see it often on display throughout these threads. You really ignore something or claim it is ridiculous and get mad like in the recent Evenbob thread about reincarnation.

Quote:
50%-60% of
priests are Gay, some say it's higher.

Who says? Do you have a source for this outrageous and incorrect stat. As they say 89% of all stats are made up.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 5th, 2015 at 5:02:24 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Evenbob's strategy when he is wrong is to ignore someone's posat, leave the forum or to block a thread. He feels he is right here which is why he is still posting. It's a pretty typical internet persona strategy. I have never liked it when people can't admit when they are wrong. I find that when people are wrong there is no response. Immature babies.

Over to Nareed. Being openly gay is difficult. Being openly transgender is a downright scary endeavor. There is a level of prejudice and bias towards transgender and people not understanding gender at all which contributes to a transgender suicide attempt rate about about 40%.

And, my experience is that Christians are generally not tolerant. My daughter is gay. I am Christian. Last year to help in a church event I was directly she came in to help. She got approached by one of my Christian brothers who started to ask her all of these questions about her presence here and her faith. She hasn't been back.

I don't expect Nareed to embrace a Christian God, because frankly, in most churches, and through the bible's teaching themselves (and his limited understanding of it too), he will be judged by the masses and will feel that judgement. And if he doesn't feel the judgement of the masses, he will feel the judgement of thousands year old text which members of the Christian faith use to judge others despite what it says in Matthew 7. They can't help themselves.

And most of our church is fairly conservative, and I would say I am an exception to this. I believe in the separation of Church and State (despite how the bible feels about this). On the outside we appear to be welcoming, but when you get to know most of the people there, they are quite judgmental. Heck, I feel like I am being judged for being the father of a gay person. Our church, sadly, is not a place that a gay person to be and certainly not a transgender. The Catholic church? Not on your life.
December 5th, 2015 at 7:53:13 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
How in the world is this prejudice,

How in the world does discrimination against a type of people not count as prejudice?

Hey, we found another tenet of your cult: Prejudice is Inclusion.

Quote:
That was abortion back in the day

No, it wasn't.

I should be amazed at your flagrant disregard of evidence and common sense, but we've long established that, too, is a feature and not a bug.

Quote:
The Church does not and you are not rejected and this does count as love. Don't confuse challenge, compassion, or concern with rejection.

Feature. I do get it.

Prejudice is Inclusion
Oppression is Love

Quote:
Sexual activity serves both important functions of bonding and procreation. You cannot separate those two aspect of sexual activity they are meant to go together.

Is it sinful for an infertile heterosexual cisgender couple to have sex? How about a heterosexual cisgender couple past their child-bearing years? For that matter, using the (unreliable) rhythm method should be a sin, as there is sex with a low probability of procreation.

Are you ready to admit your cult's prejudice and double standards?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 5th, 2015 at 10:48:48 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
This is your strategy when you are wrong, .

I'm wrong about what. You made a bunch
of ludicrous statements that I said were
nonsense, which they are.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 5th, 2015 at 10:50:51 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: boymimbo
Evenbob's strategy when he is wrong is to ignore someone's posat, .

No it's not. My strategy is when something
is so stupid and ridiculous that I don't want
to waste my time replying to it, I don't. Why
should I.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 5th, 2015 at 11:12:42 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: Evenbob
No it's not. My strategy is when something
should I.

Probably for the same reasons
that you hit return at the end
of your lines instead of
letting
them
run
on.
December 5th, 2015 at 12:17:43 PM permalink
Evenbob
Probably for the same reasons
that you hit return at the end
of your lines instead of
letting
them
run
on.

This is a good example of:

Quote:
My strategy is when something
should I.
December 5th, 2015 at 4:03:45 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
And most of our church is fairly conservative, and I would say I am an exception to this.

Not enough to get a pronoun right.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 5th, 2015 at 4:36:01 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Nareed
How in the world does discrimination against a type of people not count as prejudice?

I don't think it is discrimination to say that a child if possible should be raised by a mother and father. I don't think it is discrimination to say that the sexual relationships of opposite sex people is different than that of people of the same sex. I don't think it is discrimination to say that sexual activity of homosexuals is not according to natural law. I need you to hear that I am not saying that homosexual activity is any worse than other sexual activity outside of the covenant of marriage. Is any of this discrimination?

I think we have discovered a tenant of your beliefs: truth is prejudice.

Quote:
I should be amazed at your flagrant disregard of evidence and common sense, but we've long established that, too, is a feature and not a bug.

I should be amazed that you will say anything to avoid coming to terms with a point. The Church has always and will always protect human life, especially at its most vulnerable. Are you saying that if the Romans had Planned Parenthood all those children would still have been born and left outside the city walls?

Quote:
Prejudice is Inclusion
Oppression is Love

For you:
Prejudice is Truth.
Oppression is Nature.

Quote:
Is it sinful for an infertile heterosexual cisgender couple to have sex? How about a heterosexual cisgender couple past their child-bearing years? For that matter, using the (unreliable) rhythm method should be a sin, as there is sex with a low probability of procreation.

What is unnatural about infertile heterosexual couples having sex? or elderly opposite sex couples? For your information the rhythm method has been replaced by the science of Natural Family Planning many years ago and it is just as effective as artificial means of planning births. The name gives it away, but it is natural. Didn't you yourself say that there was more to having sex than procreation? I don't understand your questions, they all prove my point that sexual activity between men and women is a natural and good act.

Quote:
Are you ready to admit your cult's prejudice and double standards?

Only if are ready to admit that what you see as prejudice and double standards are only a reflection of reality and truth. It seems as if that is what you are really railing about and it has nothing to do with my Church's teaching or any other religion's. The facts are the facts or as you seem to believe the facts are fictions.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
December 5th, 2015 at 4:39:25 PM permalink
FrGamble

And, my experience is that Christians are generally not tolerant. My daughter is gay. I am Christian. Last year to help in a church event I was directly she came in to help. She got approached by one of my Christian brothers who started to ask her all of these questions about her presence here and her faith. She hasn't been back.

I don't expect Nareed to embrace a Christian God, because frankly, in most churches, and through the bible's teaching themselves (and his limited understanding of it too), he will be judged by the masses and will feel that judgement. And if he doesn't feel the judgement of the masses, he will feel the judgement of thousands year old text which members of the Christian faith use to judge others despite what it says in Matthew 7. They can't help themselves.

And most of our church is fairly conservative, and I would say I am an exception to this. I believe in the separation of Church and State (despite how the bible feels about this). On the outside we appear to be welcoming, but when you get to know most of the people there, they are quite judgmental. Heck, I feel like I am being judged for being the father of a gay person. Our church, sadly, is not a place that a gay person to be and certainly not a transgender. The Catholic church? Not on your life.

I don't know why you wouldn't find a home in the Catholic Church. While all Churches, Synagogues, Mosques, Temples, and even gatherings of Atheists are full of sinners who are not very tolerant I think you will find that the Catholic Church and our Pope try to ask the question, "Who am I to judge?"

By the way the Bible I think is very clear that there should be a separation between Church and State.