October 18th, 2018 at 1:18:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Anything to make the Libs even dopier,
I'm all for it. That's who 90% of the
customers are, gotta escape from that
Lib bubble they trapped themselves in..

Fine by me, less people to compete with in this world. Just so they don't expect handouts so they can layabout and get baked.
The President is a fink.
October 18th, 2018 at 1:40:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
ROTFL
Republicans think this changes things.
Legal marijuana, the only change is illegal to legal and tax paying businesses reaping profits instead of the mafia
Pot smokers have been smoking pot for decades regardless if legal or illegal
I will continue as all my friends continue to do. Work good paying jobs all our lives working sober and relaxing at night with a smoke.
Its always been like that, always will.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 18th, 2018 at 2:31:57 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
ROTFL

Just makes it easier for the dopey
to find the dope, and kid themselves
thru life. The gene pool can only
handle so many successful people,
it weeds the rest out with, well, weed.

There's an epidemic of hard drug
overdoses in the US and people
are very upset over it. Why exactly,
I don't know. Herds must be culled
or the whole herd suffers..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 18th, 2018 at 2:51:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
ROTFL
Legal marijuana, the only change is illegal to legal and tax paying businesses reaping profits instead of the mafia
Pot smokers have been smoking pot for decades regardless if legal or illegal
I will continue as all my friends continue to do. Work good paying jobs all our lives working sober and relaxing at night with a smoke.
Its always been like that, always will.
I wish I could smoke, but I can't. I just recovered from another bout of aspiration pneumonia. But I do use mmj tincture, medicinally. I tried the strait cbd, several variety's and it didn't seem to do jack. Each purveyor would claim miracles if I used their cbd. Found out some of the tinctures weren't even from hemp or pot plants, they were making it from cotton plant?

I give Colorado and Az., credit for standardizing the definition of a dose. Several states have agreed that 10mg thc, is a dose, is a dose is a dose.
No more is using edibles like the lottery, never knowing what you are getting. Dosing has always been tricky with edibles. I'm currently emailing a tincture manufacturer to try and get them to use "pippets" on they're eyedroppers, changed to the kind with visible measurements on the dropper, instead of users having to guess about how many mg's are in a dropper. They seem about as interested as a dope dealer would be, about the suggestions/needs of a customer.

Az. has so many regs on mmj, they examine each crop for purity, contaminants, bugs, mold etc. It is a good product, scientifically. The tincture I have is 1 to 1 thc, cbd. I can take a big dose of it without getting stoned, which is what I wanted. The previous products, not the cbd ones, but the thc ones, taking even small dosages I would get stoned, and the side effects like paranoia were to unpleasant. But according to the outlet , the addition of 50% cbd cancels the paranoia affect, and also almost removes the altered mindset.

Used as directed, I swear there is a medicinal value to the herb. It would be so much handier if I could take a toke or two or three, but I can't do that. Unfortunately the effect takes so long to work [2 hours and longer], as I said dosing is tricky. But with the quality and standardizing the potency, makes it more usable as medicine. My personal opinion is it has lesser side effects than pharmaceuticals?

I used to eat a mj brownie on the way in to having IV treatments, I was definitely the happiest patient in the clinic.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 18th, 2018 at 5:07:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

There's an epidemic of hard drug
overdoses in the US and people
are very upset over it. Why exactly,
I don't know. Herds must be culled
or the whole herd suffers..

The ones that I get upset over are the ones who got hooked because they were in unbearable pain. I don't feel bad for the Janes of the world who shoot heroin for fun. Smoke for recreation and their life slows down to nothing. But the decline must come.
The President is a fink.
October 18th, 2018 at 5:45:38 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

Inscriptions on Georgia Guidestones constructed 1980 (1/4 million pound monument)
A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.

Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
Unite humanity with a living new language.
Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
Balance personal rights with social duties.
Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.

Herds must be culled or the whole herd suffers..

That's a very open ended edict. It reminds of the first inscription: "Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature".
The inscription implies that the other 7 billion should be culled.
October 18th, 2018 at 6:07:44 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
It doesn't really imply what actions should be taken.

Why not a birth lottery instead of a culling?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 18th, 2018 at 6:40:16 PM permalink
fleaswatter
Threads: 3
States that legalized recreational weed see increase in car accidents, studies say

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/18/health/marijuana-driving-accidents-bn/index.html
Quote:
Though a 2017 study found that the legalization of recreational weed has not increased the number of accidents involving fatalities, states that have legalized recreational use are seeing more car crashes overall, according to the report, which includes two studies presented Thursday at the Combating Alcohol- and Drug-Impaired Driving summit at the insurance institute's Vehicle Research Center.

The first study found that crashes are up as much as 6% in Washington, Oregon and Colorado, compared with neighboring states that haven't legalized recreational use of weed. Researchers estimated the frequency of collision claims per insured vehicle year, controlling for differences in other factors that could contribute to an accident, including age, location, job status and weather, and still saw an increase.

I can't believe I am posting a CNN link.

I wonder if car insurance rates are increasing faster in states that have legalized marijuana as opposed to states that haven't.
Let's go Brandon
October 18th, 2018 at 6:48:22 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: fleaswatter
States that legalized recreational weed see increase in car accidents, studies say

I couldn't drive when I smoked pot.
I would sit at red lights till they
honked at me. At stop signs I
would wait till I could see no cars
for as far as I could see, I would
go 25 in a 50 zone. Totally paranoid
driving. I was a way better driver
when I drank.

I heard an interview about Robin
Williams. He went thru a weed
phase and it made him a paranoid
wreck. He would jump up and go
to the window looking for cops
a few times a minute. Nobody
wanted to get high with him, major
buzz kill.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.