Pot Legalized

April 11th, 2018 at 12:50:00 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: reno
There's a company called Acreage Holdings which grows, processes, and distributes marijuana in 11 states. If you had told me 5 years ago that someday Speaker of the House John Boehner would be on their Board of Directors, I never would have believed you.

Its the smart move
This industry will be bigger then alcohol
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 17th, 2018 at 2:16:18 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
In August, Coors announced it would soon start selling marijuana products in Canada. Now, Coca-Cola has announced a similar plan for the Canadian market.

I find it fascinating that it's still illegal for any bank to offer banking services to marijuana retailers, but plenty of other Fortune 500 corporations in other industries aren't subjected to the same onerous rules. Sure, you could argue that the U.S. government will turn a blind eye to Coca-Cola's activities since the products won't be sold in the U.S., just Canada. But Lagunitas Beer (owned by Heineken) sells marijuana products in California.
October 2nd, 2018 at 2:02:38 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

The Apothecarium - Cannabis Dispensary
7885 W Sahara Ave #112, Las Vegas, NV 89117
https://apothecarium.com/las-vegas/menu

So what's up with these deluxe cannabis dispensaries that look like high end jewelry shops and are located in fashionable neighborhoods like the Wizard lives in.
October 2nd, 2018 at 4:53:14 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: Pacomartin

So what's up with these deluxe cannabis dispensaries that look like high end jewelry shops and are located in fashionable neighborhoods like the Wizard lives in.

They are raking in the dough
Might as well up the competition by having a real nice place to shop
I will have to check it out myself when I am in Vegas in a few months
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 2nd, 2018 at 5:49:45 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Pacomartin

I didn't know about that one. If I'm not mistaken, it is now the closest one to my house. However, I'm loyal to the Source, which is two blocks from that one, on Sahara and Rainbow. I loaded up there for a group of eight at Burning Man. Almost hit the daily $500 limit.

These places must make ungodly money, so they can afford to look nice. I went to one in Colorado last summer, which was a tiny little one-man dump by comparison. The ones in Oregon seem very clinical and guarded, but this is going just after looking through the window of one in Portland. There was another where I watched the eclipse in Huntington OR that passed out eclipse glasses to everyone up and down the street.

A bit off topic, but I have an investment opportunity in Michigan, which is going to vote on recreational use in November, if my facts are right.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
October 2nd, 2018 at 6:40:27 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Wizard
I loaded up there for a group of eight at Burning Man. Almost hit the daily $500 limit.

Which is your poison?
Flower
Pre-Rolls
Edibles
Concentrates
CBD
Cartridges
Topicals

I remember my 1984 security interview. They asked us if we had ever used illegal drugs. They explained very carefully that we wouldn't necessarily fail if we said yes, but if we said no, and they found evidence otherwise, we would automatically fail.

Since I had just gotten out of graduate school and high school in 1975, I figured I should say that I tried drugs in high school. Afterwards my friend said I failed a basic IQ test.
October 2nd, 2018 at 6:47:51 AM permalink
terapined
I go for
Flower, Concentrates and cartridges
October 2nd, 2018 at 7:59:32 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Last week I tried Eaze, which is a delivery service. I ordered online, paid with a real credit card (not debit card). And then 42 minutes later they were at my doorstep. Every couple days they send emails with 25% discounts or 30% coupons.
October 2nd, 2018 at 12:01:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: terapined
I go for
Flower, Concentrates and cartridges

Some people need drugs to get thru
the day, others can handle reality just fine
without them. Don't feel bad, that's
the hand mother nature dealt you..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 2nd, 2018 at 12:56:36 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Some people need drugs to get thru
the day, others can handle reality just fine
without them. Don't feel bad, that's
the hand mother nature dealt you..

I sent in a resume for a CL ad for pot shop jobs. Just to see what the deal was. Of course it is a scam, selling you a class to get certified. They are based in Vegas (702.) On one hand a way to make some cash. OTOH who would want to deal with stoners all day, day in and day out. Stoners lead empty lives. One guy I know said how much better his life was after he quit the stuff.
The President is a fink.