Pope Francis

May 24th, 2018 at 12:38:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
That certainly sounds incorrect,

"In Roman Catholicism, a black veil is a symbol of the most complete renunciation of the world and adoption of a nun's life. On the appointed day the nun goes through all the ritual of the marriage ceremony, after a solemn mass at which all the inmates of the convent assist. She is dressed in bridal white with wreath and veil, and receives a wedding ring, as a "Bride of Christ". Afterwards she presides at a wedding breakfast, at which a bride-cake is cut. She thus bids adieu to all her friends, and having previously taken the white veil, the betrothal, she now assumes the black, and forever forswears the world and its pleasures."

Sounds like a nightmare of superstition
and mumbo jumbo to me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 24th, 2018 at 12:46:17 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob

Sounds like a nightmare of superstition
and mumbo jumbo to me.

Yep, that sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me too. It's made up. The celebration of novitiate, temporary vows, and permanent vows is different for every religious order. And again as I've said before it is totally different than marriage or a marriage ceremony, where ever you are getting your information is way off base and wrong (I'd still like to see where you get this stuff). If you would like to know the truth I would be happy to point you some places where you could learn about the various different processes and ways of celebrating a nuns vocation.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 24th, 2018 at 1:42:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
Yep, that sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me too. It's made up. .

What's odd is, on the Catholic
forms the Catholics say the
nuns told them they were
the bride of Christ all the time.
They heard it from the nun
teachers in Catholic schools.

You say they were lying. What
a strange lie to tell, and they
were all in on the same lie. What
a conspiracy the nuns had going.

"I heard this from nuns themselves. They said they actually are literally married to Jesus. Bear in mind that the priest, who is in the person of Christ at his ordination, becomes the bridegroom, with Christ, of the Church. So consecrated religious women who take vows represent the Church as Bride of Christ."
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 24th, 2018 at 1:47:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The Church that Jesus established can indeed decided certain things about how the Sacraments are celebrated as long as the fundamental aspects that Jesus said or did are maintained. We don't speak Aramaic, Greek, or not a lot of Latin anymore. We don't dress in period clothes from that time either. The whole point is that the Apostles and early followers of Jesus based on what he said and did developed the Sacraments. We don't have to slavishly follow exactly what Christ did when it doesn't effect the fundamental nature of the Sacrament and/or is of great pastoral or practical advantage.

A roaming band of men staying with random people in their preaching travels, seems an awful long way from the stability and riches of the Vatican. Are you sure the church didn't abandon the nature of its foundation?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 24th, 2018 at 1:59:08 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
A roaming band of men staying with random people in their preaching travels, seems an awful long way from the stability and riches of the Vatican. Are you sure the church didn't abandon the nature of its foundation?

Excellent question. The Church exists to evangelize and if it was about the nice Churches and such we would have abandoned the Lord's Great commission to go and teach all nations and baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. As it is the Church continues to be the largest charitable organization on the face of the Earth and preaches in words and in actions the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the forgiving and life giving love He has for all people everywhere.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 24th, 2018 at 2:02:15 PM permalink
FrGamble
Don't get it twisted Evenbob, I am saying that the descriptions you have been posting are lying and are made up mumbo jumbo from anonymous untrustworthy sources. You might say if you knew they were lies and deceptions than by posting them without any reference you are lying and being deceptive. However, I think you actually believe what they are saying. You seem to believe anything as long as it is negative against the Church.
May 24th, 2018 at 2:23:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
As it is the Church continues to be the largest charitable organization on the face of the Earth

So what. The Mafia dons would sometimes
build whole wings on hospitals for children.
The robber barons like Rockefeller and Carnegie
and Mellon and Vanderbilt:

"A set of avaricious crooks who habitually cheated and robbed investors and consumers, corrupted government, fought ruthlessly among themselves, and in general carried on predatory activities comparable to those of the robber barons of medieval Europe."

Yet what are they known for today?
Their tremendous works of charity
in building colleges, libraries, setting
up endowments for worthwhile causes.
You saying your Church with it's awful
murderous past is a big charity today is
meaningless.
May 24th, 2018 at 2:25:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Don't get it twisted Evenbob,

You say that nuns are not brides of
Christ, everybody else seems to
disagree. Where is the twisting.
The nuns themselves said it to
their students. Amazing that you
seem unaware of all this.
May 24th, 2018 at 4:27:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
Nothing of what you have posted has any basis in reality except the one phrase that some nuns find spiritually valuable, "bride of Christ". However, none of them do actual marriage ceremonies, black veils, and the other garbage you quoted from sources you are embarrassed by. Also none of these nuns or religious would consider themselves entering into something akin to the Sacrament of Marriage. Again, you are wrong, I'm sorry, I really am.
May 24th, 2018 at 5:25:08 PM permalink
Evenbob
Nothing of what you have posted has any basis in reality .

Imagine all those poor kids being lied
to by nuns telling them they were the
brides of Jesus. What a sick church.
Priests after the young boys, and the
nuns lying to them. No wonder there
are so many screwed up Catholics.