More mansions

January 31st, 2021 at 8:08:47 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
I can assure you the next door neighbor is PRAYING he doesn’t!
February 1st, 2021 at 1:12:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
In 1985, Mar-a-Lago was purchased by Donald Trump for around $10 million. His family maintains private quarters in a separate, closed-off area of the house and grounds.

In September 2019, Mar-a-Lago became the primary residence for Donald and Melania Trump, who previously held primary residence in New York City, in spite of a legal agreement Trump signed in the early 1990s that converted the estate from a private residence to a private club.

In 2018, Forbes estimated the value of the estate at around $160 million, having appreciated greatly throughout the past decades since Trump's purchase due to several factors such as the extensive renovation, lavish features and furniture, the exclusivity of the location, as well as its historic meaning and significance.

Quote: SOOPOO
I can assure you the next door neighbor is PRAYING he doesn’t!

Given the extensive expense of gaurding the home of an ex-POTUS and the fact that I am sure a great deal of money has been spent already, the City of Palm Beach would simply suspend their agreement and allow Trump to live there full time for a few years.

This new $110 million home is only about 1 miles away from Mar A Lago, so it won't reduce the congestion or traffic in the city.
February 9th, 2021 at 4:00:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote:
British millionaire Patrick Diter is being ordered to tear down his Château Diter in the French Riviera, after reportedly failing to obtain the proper authorization.

Multiple outlets, including The New York Post, report that Diter, a property developer, first began building the mansion — worth about $66 million — over a decade and a half ago, and has continually added to it in the years since. He is now facing an order to demolish the property from the highest French judicial court, la Cour de Cassation.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
February 9th, 2021 at 4:18:19 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
British millionaire Patrick Diter is being ordered to tear down his Château Diter

He can't pay a fine, or find somebody to
bribe? In France? I find that hard to believe.

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 11th, 2021 at 4:39:19 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068

listing

Botched doctor has decided to list his new mansion for $32 million before it is even completed. That home has 8 bedrooms, 8 full baths and 4 half baths. There is no explanation of why he is selling his new home without moving in. Is it possible he decided it is too small at a mere 12,000 square feet?
March 12th, 2021 at 12:51:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Pacomartin

That's actually a smart way to build a house. You have
three or four levels of living space but only one roof.
The roof is the biggest recurring expense you will have
with a house.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
March 12th, 2021 at 1:48:50 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Evenbob

with a house.

Weakest post ever!!! The biggest recurring expense is clearly..... the wife you have living with you! (Not for EB... but yes for me!)
March 12th, 2021 at 2:56:49 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

with a house.

When one of the roofs is also a swimming pool I think that is a major liability. Likely a major item on the insurance policy.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 12th, 2021 at 2:58:11 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14

with a house.

Weakest post ever!!! The biggest recurring expense is clearly..... the wife you have living with you! (Not for EB... but yes for me!)

You know the definition of marriage SOOPOO? Find a women you hate and buy her a house.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
March 12th, 2021 at 4:39:31 PM permalink
Evenbob
the wife you have living with you! (Not for EB... but yes for me!)

Isn't your wife half your age? Didn't anybody
explain the rules to you before you got married?