Gay Marriage

June 10th, 2014 at 7:49:52 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: boymimbo
Bingo. There were rules about "don't ask, don't tell" either, and I am sure sex and fraternization was happening within the military despite the rules against it. Thank you.
Bingo. You just proved that gay people were in fact allowed in the military, in spite of what they claimed during the DADT debate. Gays and their supporters were completely dishonest when they kept screaming "Gays aren't allowed to serve!!!!"
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 10th, 2014 at 7:54:48 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
The libertarian in you should be telling you that rules and regulations doesn't necessarily stop things that you consider morally reprehensible from happening.

To make my position clear, I am against sexual fraternization of all types within the military, especially in combat areas. The addition of gay people into the military overall increases the chances of fraternization happening, and presents a small but quantifiable risk to the quality of the military as a whole. This can be thwarted with regulations and enforcement despite the CO perhaps being called a homophobe. S/he can use the military regulations as backup.
June 10th, 2014 at 7:57:33 AM permalink
boymimbo
Quote: Beethoven
Bingo. You just proved that gay people were in fact allowed in the military, in spite of what they claimed during the DADT debate. Gays and their supporters were completely dishonest when they kept screaming "Gays aren't allowed to serve!!!!"

Of course they were allowed. Just like in most other workplaces (including the military), the sexuality of the worker shouldn't matter unless it affects the quality of their work. Gays just weren't allowed to be open about it. Of course some gay supporters are being dishonest.
June 10th, 2014 at 8:13:05 AM permalink
Beethoven
The libertarian in you should be telling you...
What does libertarianism have to do with this? Gay people were allowed to serve when DADT was in effect, so their kicking and screaming was a whole lot about nothing.

Of course some gay supporters are being dishonest.
Thank you very much.
June 10th, 2014 at 10:31:00 AM permalink
boymimbo
To be clear, my views are my own.

I don't represent a hidden agenda, and my opinions are subject to change. Are yours?
June 12th, 2014 at 11:47:35 AM permalink
Beethoven
Texas Gov. Rick Perry Compares Homosexuality To Alcoholism In San Francisco Appearance

The dishonest news media is at it again.

If Rick Perry compared homosexuality to alcoholism, then gays themselves should be criticized for comparing gayness to slavery (since they love saying that they face the same struggles as blacks).
June 13th, 2014 at 7:36:00 AM permalink
boymimbo
Texas Gov. Rick Perry Compares Homosexuality To Alcoholism In San Francisco Appearance

The dishonest news media is at it again.

If Rick Perry compared homosexuality to alcoholism, then gays themselves should be criticized for comparing gayness to slavery (since they love saying that they face the same struggles as blacks).

Quote: Perry
“I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way."
June 13th, 2014 at 10:48:53 AM permalink
Beethoven
Quote: Perry
“I may have the genetic coding that I’m inclined to be an alcoholic, but I have the desire not to do that, and I look at the homosexual issue the same way."

Apparently you didn't read what I wrote, so let me help you out with that:

Quote: What Beethoven actually said:
"If Rick Perry compared homosexuality to alcoholism, then gays themselves should be criticized for comparing gayness to slavery (since they love saying that they face the same struggles as blacks)."
June 13th, 2014 at 12:45:12 PM permalink
boymimbo
Apparently you didn't read what I wrote, so let me help you out with that:

I quoted what Perry said, not what you said. I didn't respond to your comment at all. Not everything is about you.

Sometimes you gotta let the quote speak for itself. Stupid Liberal media, with its videos and exact quotes.

Not that it matters. Perry's comments are meaningless at this point in time, but you brought it up. If it were the middle of a 2016 campaign, then I guess it would matter.
June 13th, 2014 at 1:04:00 PM permalink
Beethoven
I quoted what Perry said, not what you said.
You didn't quote me? Apparently you don't read you own posts either.

(Hint: You quoted somebody directly before you quoted Perry. Who could that person have been??? Hmm...)

Not everything is about you.
That's funny, you quote me verbatim, yet your message isn't about me?! lol...