Gay Marriage

June 7th, 2014 at 12:43:56 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Federal judge strikes down Wisconsin ban on gay marriage

Another activist judge who has overturned the will of the people. These libs are intent on destroying democracy. This time, it's a useless Carter appointee. *facepalm*
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 9th, 2014 at 4:07:31 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
This seems to be exactly what I and others have been trying to warn about.

I never thought about it, but just wait until male on male sexual harassment happens in a military unit. The victim will be called a homophobe. The brass will try to cover it up. It will not be pretty.
The President is a fink.
June 9th, 2014 at 4:59:00 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: AZDuffman

I never thought about it, but just wait until male on male sexual harassment happens in a military unit. The victim will be called a homophobe. The brass will try to cover it up. It will not be pretty.
The sad part is that the military should be the one place that's free from this BS. Instead, liberals want to use our armed services to make a social statement.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
June 9th, 2014 at 5:32:44 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Beethoven
Quote: AZDuffman

The sad part is that the military should be the one place that's free from this BS. Instead, liberals want to use our armed services to make a social statement.

The issue is that it is not just the military. It is almost as if the gay mafia has a little dossier on nearly everyone in public life. When those whom they do not have something on they call in the rest of them to take the people not giving full support to the gay agenda down.

Luckily I don't have to deal with having to pay lip service to the movement to move my career. One of the benefits of working more with things than people.

EDIT: "many" benefits
The President is a fink.
June 9th, 2014 at 6:28:53 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
AS much as I would like to put AZ down on this one, I have to agree with him. Sexual tension in the military should be minimized. It is supposed to be a professional organization with little to no sexual tension and sexual relationships should be strongly discouraged in the military in general.

With gay people openly in the military, it would be easy to see gay couples "hooking up" while on assignment and during combat operations. That said, there have been women in the military services for years. And if the gay population is truly 4% as is suggested, then this should be a minor problem. Certainly, if the armed forces simply changed its policy to make sexual relationships and sexual behaviour strictly verboten and a disciplinable offence, it might quell any issues.

That doesn't mean that gay sex won't happen. Heck, it's likely been going on for years. It probably goes on in professional sports too.
June 9th, 2014 at 6:51:43 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: boymimbo
AS much as I would like to put AZ down on this one, I have to agree with him. Sexual tension in the military should be minimized. It is supposed to be a professional organization with little to no sexual tension and sexual relationships should be strongly discouraged in the military in general.

With gay people openly in the military, it would be easy to see gay couples "hooking up" while on assignment and during combat operations. That said, there have been women in the military services for years. And if the gay population is truly 4% as is suggested, then this should be a minor problem. Certainly, if the armed forces simply changed its policy to make sexual relationships and sexual behaviour strictly verboten and a disciplinable offence, it might quell any issues.

I think 4% is high, real number is 1-1.5%, though the military will attract a higher than average percent. But the problem is bigger than the small number.

I can't remember the movie where they made the pilots switch roommates because as guys got to be too buddies with each other the temptation was there to break bomber formation, which put the entire formation in danger. Yes, it is a movie, it is also what can happen with improper unit cohesion. If two gay partners in a combat unit get feelings for each other and they protect each other instead of the unit, the entire unit is in great danger. If a gay officer puts sexual pressure on a weak member of a unit, even bigger issues.

Put another way, the military banned gays from service for reasons. Over time the story got to be that is was about "homophobia." You cannot convince me of that, not when it was common in militaries the world over, for hundreds of years.

Quote:
That doesn't mean that gay sex won't happen. Heck, it's likely been going on for years. It probably goes on in professional sports too.

We can argue if it is a "sport" or not, but read up on Pat Patterson of WWF/WWE fame. He forced himself on more than one wrestler, several boys as well. McMahon tolerated it for years.
The President is a fink.
June 10th, 2014 at 5:40:30 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
forces simply changed its policy to make sexual relationships and sexual behaviour strictly verboten and a disciplinable offence, it might quell any issues.

Have long since had such policies against fraternization, dating etc. As always, where there are rules, they are broken.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
June 10th, 2014 at 6:45:07 AM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: chickenman
Have long since had such policies against fraternization, dating etc. As always, where there are rules, they are broken.

Bingo. There were rules about "don't ask, don't tell" either, and I am sure sex and fraternization was happening within the military despite the rules against it. Thank you.
June 10th, 2014 at 7:17:05 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
No reasonable person would think otherwise, no need to thank me.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
June 10th, 2014 at 7:20:35 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Bingo. There were rules about "don't ask, don't tell" either, and I am sure sex and fraternization was happening within the military despite the rules against it. Thank you.

Still does not make it a good think, still does not mean it didn't cause negative issues with command and morale.
The President is a fink.