In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 13th, 2014 at 8:13:49 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Your math is fuzzy: dividing 26/15 doesn't make 58% more Republicans. I suspect that it's the division of the Republican party that raises the disapproval rating for Boehner.

Point is that there are some Democrats who are willing to call out Pelosi. Her approval rating among Dems is at 62% which is a sad commentary really.
September 14th, 2014 at 5:03:58 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: boymimbo
Your math is fuzzy: dividing 26/15 doesn't make 58% more Republicans. I suspect that it's the division of the Republican party that raises the disapproval rating for Boehner.

Point is that there are some Democrats who are willing to call out Pelosi. Her approval rating among Dems is at 62% which is a sad commentary really.

You are correct. 15 * 1.73 = 26. It means a Republican is 73% more likely to call out one of their own than a Democrat.

Boehner is indeed unpopular because of the Establishment/Conservative divide. The GOP really has only 2 main forces, Establishment and Conservative/Tea Party Libertarian. The Democrat Party is a collection of special interest groups that often have no reason to be related to each other (e.g.: labor unions and global warming believers.) So it seems the GOP has more people that would rather have their beliefs while the Democrat Party has people who know their person will not be on top and just throw support to whoever it is hoping to keep favor.
The President is a fink.
September 14th, 2014 at 5:21:44 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Reading a book now that touches a bit on the French Revolution. Real heyday for the Left showing just what they are capable of given total power.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 14th, 2014 at 6:01:23 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8

Thanks for correcting that! It makes it even more obvious that Republicans are willing to call someone in their own out than the Democrats.

There are divisions in both parties about many issues, though the one in the Republican party right now is more pronounced. I hear hardly any talk of tossing Pelosi should the Democrats regain the majority; Boehner doesn't seem to know how to rally his party for anything...not just issues that divide the tea party folks from the mainstream--and there is a lot of talk of dumping him.

There may well be; they are not very vocal... They choose party over speaking out, perhaps.
September 14th, 2014 at 2:54:56 PM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Point is that there are some Democrats who are willing to call out Pelosi. Her approval rating among Dems is at 62%
There's a HUGE difference between disapproving someone and actually "calling them out". Dems almost never do the latter.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 14th, 2014 at 3:39:09 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Beethoven
There's a HUGE difference between disapproving someone and actually "calling them out". Dems almost never do the latter.

The lizard people will eat their own before they lose face, its one of the rules in the secret book, the Hell with principle.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 15th, 2014 at 9:17:55 AM permalink
Beethoven
Obama sought repeal of Bush war statute now used to justify Islamic State strikes

Too bad the LIV's in this country don't even care about this stuff. They're more interested in what Kim Kardashian and Miley Cyrus are doing. *facepalm*
September 15th, 2014 at 9:48:56 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Obama sought repeal of Bush war statute now used to justify Islamic State strikes

Too bad the LIV's in this country don't even care about this stuff. They're more interested in what Kim Kardashian and Miley Cyrus are doing. *facepalm*
+100
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 16th, 2014 at 12:24:28 PM permalink
Beethoven
US Troops Could Fight ISIS in Iraq, General Tells Senate

So let me get this straight. The community organizer withdrew virtually ALL of our troops from Iraq, but as it turns out, he may have to send them back???????????

It wouldn't be so bad if he and his blind supporters would just admit that they were WRONG to prematurely withdraw, but we all know that will never freakin happen. *facepalm*
September 16th, 2014 at 3:33:33 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
US Troops Could Fight ISIS in Iraq, General Tells Senate

So let me get this straight. The community organizer withdrew virtually ALL of our troops from Iraq, but as it turns out, he may have to send them back???????????

It wouldn't be so bad if he and his blind supporters would just admit that they were WRONG to prematurely withdraw, but we all know that will never freakin happen. *facepalm*

So the Nobel Peace Prize winner is going to start a war? ISIS didn't attack us on 9/11? Maybe you have seen the latest Obama portrait?

The President is a fink.