In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 12th, 2014 at 6:57:47 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC

The only difference here is that the networks...well, Fox...is being heard by a whole lot of people. MSNBC...well, by a lot less people. Here at DT, it is being heard by damned few.

It is but I always figured if I reach just a few maybe I have done my part. I still remember in college a lurker figured out who I was in the computer room and said he liked reading my stuff. That was nice. We cannot all be Limbaugh.
The President is a fink.
September 12th, 2014 at 10:55:16 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Memfrica riot?

Early news reports from Memphis are 120 "kids" largely black but some white and some over 18 running through a shopping center playing "pick 'em out, Knock 'em out" a game involving random choice of victims who are then punched stomped etc until unconscious.

One 15 year old arrested for rioting was out on bail for a gun offense. He doesn't go to school and his mother on welfare has already been charged with contributing to delinquency of a minor.

News leads are: Kroger riot as lead tenant is a Kroger grocery store.
September 13th, 2014 at 6:01:13 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: AZDuffman
It is but I always figured if I reach just a few maybe I have done my part. I still remember in college a lurker figured out who I was in the computer room and said he liked reading my stuff. That was nice. We cannot all be Limbaugh.

You are correct, of course, but I enjoyed the back and forth much more when these threads were welcomed under the proper topic on the main board. The main board still has plenty of stuff going on that is barely, if at all, related to gaming or Vegas. Mike's house; Mike's rules...I respect that...but this is were threads go to die!
September 13th, 2014 at 6:02:52 AM permalink
RonC
Quote: Fleastiff
Memfrica riot?

Early news reports from Memphis are 120 "kids" largely black but some white and some over 18 running through a shopping center playing "pick 'em out, Knock 'em out" a game involving random choice of victims who are then punched stomped etc until unconscious.

One 15 year old arrested for rioting was out on bail for a gun offense. He doesn't go to school and his mother on welfare has already been charged with contributing to delinquency of a minor.

News leads are: Kroger riot as lead tenant is a Kroger grocery store.

Where are all the damned activists today? What are they doing to help this community?
September 13th, 2014 at 6:14:13 AM permalink
AZDuffman
You are correct, of course, but I enjoyed the back and forth much more when these threads were welcomed under the proper topic on the main board. The main board still has plenty of stuff going on that is barely, if at all, related to gaming or Vegas. Mike's house; Mike's rules...I respect that...but this is were threads go to die!

I did as well but admin there made it impossible to post on some topics unless you had the "right" opinion on them. So here we are in the back room of the bar after the bartender said our loud conversation was bothering other patrons. No matter, the sparring here helps me keep my mind sharp and that is why I post in the first place. If someone is tuned in and I help them learn and develop that is just a bonus.
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2014 at 7:06:59 AM permalink
RonC
“It would be very important for the Democrats to retain control of the Senate,” Pelosi told Maher. “Civilization as we know it today would be in jeopardy if the Republicans win the Senate.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/12/nancy-pelosi-civilization-in-jeopardy-if-gop-takes-senate-video/#ixzz3DCipx9LS

Wow! I bet we won't hear much about this outrageous comment from the press, but this lady is nuts. i don't have much respect for the current Speaker of the House, either, because I think he has done a poor job overall, but she may well be one of the worst Speakers ever. No sense of decorum, no control of her mouth, and the ability to call others fearmongers while fearmongering herself.

Who will ever forget the most ridiculous statement about a piece of legislation that was way too long, that the people voting for or against did not have time to fully understand (it was an emergency, as you will recall), and that many still have huge misgivings about:

"We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hV-05TLiiLU

I don't see how even staunch Democrats can support the way Reid and Pelosi act. I concede that the Republicans can find a better Speaker than Boehner; can the Dems concede that Reid and Pelosi are not great representatives of their cause? If being a bumbling idiot is what it takes to represent your cause and you aren't willing to call it out (as I have), are you a bumbling idiot also?
September 13th, 2014 at 7:52:14 AM permalink
AZDuffman

I don't see how even staunch Democrats can support the way Reid and Pelosi act. I concede that the Republicans can find a better Speaker than Boehner; can the Dems concede that Reid and Pelosi are not great representatives of their cause? If being a bumbling idiot is what it takes to represent your cause and you aren't willing to call it out (as I have), are you a bumbling idiot also?

Liberals will never, ever call out bad behavior among one of their own,. It doesn't matter what they did, they will never call it out and instead attack the accuser. It is nearly sociopathic.
The President is a fink.
September 13th, 2014 at 8:46:58 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
“Who will ever forget the most ridiculous statement about a piece of legislation that was way too long, that the people voting for or against did not have time to fully understand (it was an emergency, as you will recall), and that many still have huge misgivings about:

"We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It"
The all-time winner, nothing will ever come close.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 13th, 2014 at 6:53:08 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: AZDuffman
Liberals will never, ever call out bad behavior among one of their own,. It doesn't matter what they did, they will never call it out and instead attack the accuser. It is nearly sociopathic.

Geez, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. Feel free to quote yourself calling out bad behaviour among one of your own. Or find one FoxNews commentator calling one of their beloved Tea Partiers or Republicans wrong.

15% of identified democrate DISAPPROVE of Pelosi. 26% of identified Republicans DISAPPROVE of Boehner as of April 2013.

Pelosi is an idiot. I'm a liberal. There you go.
September 13th, 2014 at 7:19:08 PM permalink
RonC
Quote: boymimbo
Geez, that's like the pot calling the kettle black. Feel free to quote yourself calling out bad behaviour among one of your own. Or find one FoxNews commentator calling one of their beloved Tea Partiers or Republicans wrong.

15% of identified democrate DISAPPROVE of Pelosi. 26% of identified Republicans DISAPPROVE of Boehner as of April 2013.

Pelosi is an idiot. I'm a liberal. There you go.

Your statistic show me that 73% more Republicans are willing to call "their side" out than Democrats. You can't defend, reasonably, either Boehner or Pelosi.

(sorry...I shouldn't do math in the middle of the night!)