In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 11th, 2014 at 10:10:34 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
NOW wants Roger Good-liberal out

Oh this is so sweet to watch liberals eat one of their own! hehehehe ;)

Five years ago, Roger Good-liberal thought he was endearing himself to the far left by nixing Rush Limbaugh's dream of becoming an NFL owner (after allowing JLo and Fergie to do the same!) and then by taking a tough stand against gay "slurs" (as if that's the worst thing NFL players do!) *facepalm*

But now the long knives are out after the Ray Rice incident, and I LOVE it! Wouldn't it be ironic if this turd got forced out by the very same group of people he thought were his allies? LOL!! :D

I can't stand the NFL anyway, and I really do hope that it eventually goes down in flames just like everything else that's run by liberals.
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 11th, 2014 at 10:29:32 AM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Way before the Rice situation I called for Goodell's ouster on this board and WoV. But I took a double-take when I saw NOW in the headlines yesterday.

But he's just a gatekeeper, albeit at $43,000,000 per annum a rather well-paid one. The NFL is really run by the owners. Kraft is a liberal, would have to think as businessmen the majority of the others lean in a sensible direction. And they have a lot at stake here with their Billion Dollar Babies so they'll try to do the right thing to mitigate the damage from this and anything else.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 11th, 2014 at 10:51:49 AM permalink
Beethoven
Threads: 18
Quote: chickenman
Way before the Rice situation I called for Goodell's ouster on this board and WoV.
+100

Roger Good-liberal (or maybe Bad-liberal?) is a joke, although you're totally right about how powerful the owners are.

Speaking of owners, I just remembered how the holier-than-thou Colts owner (and drunk driver) Jim Irsay spoke out against Rush Limbaugh. *facepalm*

Hey Jim, you still acting like your sh** don't stink????
Boron Boron Boron rhymes with moron, moron, moron
September 11th, 2014 at 11:04:12 AM permalink
chickenman
Quote: Beethoven
+100

Roger Good-liberal (or maybe Bad-liberal?) is a joke, although you're totally right about how powerful the owners are.

Speaking of owners, I just remembered how the holier-than-thou Colts owner (and drunk driver) Jim Irsay spoke out against Rush Limbaugh. *facepalm*

Hey Jim, you still acting like your sh** don't stink????
Don't get me started on that joker. Here's a snippet from this weeks' Tuesday Morning Quarterback column:

NFL players are ripping the token fine given to billionaire Colts owner Jim Irsay. [A] Reader...writes, "Irsay just got fined $500,000 by the NFL for his DWI. Per the ESPN.com story, Roger Goodell said, 'I have stated on numerous occasions that owners, management personnel and coaches must be held to a higher standard than players.' Per Wikipedia, Irsay is worth $1.6 billion. Divide $500,000 into $1.6 billion. Irsay was fined .031 percent of his net worth.

The fines levied on Jim Irsay, an owner, and Josh Gordon, a player, are beyond inequitable.
"Compare that with Josh Gordon's one-year suspension for marijuana use. Gordon will lose $1.4 million in game checks, about three times what the Colts' owner was fined. Gordon's net worth is unknown but since he is 23 years old and just started working as a car salesman, most likely his net worth is roughly the $5.3 million pretax value of his Browns' contract. Divide $1.4 million into $5.3 million, and Gordon was fined 26 percent of his net worth. Viewed this way, his fine his 800 times the fine levied on Irsay. Plus Gordon has only a few years in which to earn a pro athlete's living, while Irsay can spend his entire life managing the fortune he inherited (emphasis mine). In sum, it does not appear that in the NFL, management is held to a higher standard."

source

Edit to correct fat-fingering
September 11th, 2014 at 11:25:17 AM permalink
chickenman
Further to this Irsay rant.

When a player is fined or gets game suspensions and loss of game paycheck, that has to hurt on a relative basis regardless of their contract. Some scoffed and flaunted it like Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson who'd rack up 20-, 30- 40-thousand dollar fines for his antics (bet he wishes he had some of that cabbage back now) and recently Jimmy Graham for dunking over the goal posts after a TD.

But the real hurt is to the team coming from their absence, assuming they are a skilled starter. Or like Sean Payton, the coach who was banned for a year.

But an owner? Irsay was suspended for what - six games? Who will even miss him? Generally the owners are spoiled buffoons who should lurk in the shadows and count their money like Silas Marner. Irsay, Chainsaw Dan Snyder, Eddie DeBartolo, Jerry Jones, the immortal Al Davis, the Glazers just to name a few are an annoyance at best and an embarrassment most times. Even 7- or 8-figure fines are petty cash to this crowd. The punishment should be parallel game suspensions for a player so as to hurt the team and send the message.
September 11th, 2014 at 12:11:16 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Well I suppose NFL is the news of the day after all they are americas favorite Tax Exempt organization.

Didn't something else happen on this day?

I guess no one wants to say it, it is easier to just forget.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 11th, 2014 at 2:55:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Beethoven

Five years ago, Roger Good-liberal thought he was endearing himself to the far left by nixing Rush Limbaugh's dream of becoming an NFL owner (after allowing JLo and Fergie to do the same!) and then by taking a tough stand against gay "slurs" (as if that's the worst thing NFL players do!) *facepalm*

But now the long knives are out after the Ray Rice incident, and I LOVE it! Wouldn't it be ironic if this turd got forced out by the very same group of people he thought were his allies? LOL!! :D

NOW will never like football because it has men acting like men and hot women happy to be cheerleaders cheering them on. Neither can be tolerated by NOW.
The President is a fink.
September 11th, 2014 at 5:11:02 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Two interesting stories that caught my eye.
Not really news, one is simply interesting, the other one, hilarious.

Ted Cruz booed at a Christian conference so he just walks out. Fascinating.
I saw the headline and I'm like, wtf, so I clicked.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/ted-cruz-booed-off-stage-at-middle-east-christian-conference-video/

Now for hilarious, Palin family caught up in a huge brawl.
This is Alaska and Sara was so upset, she went to the big ammunition after having her family kicked out of the party.
“Don’t you know who I am!”
the reported come back
“This isn’t some damned Hillbilly reality show!”
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/11/palin-family-allegedly-involved-in-a-brawl/
Poor Sara, no influence, guy she supports for Alaska Senator loses to a write in.
She supports the same guy again, loses primary.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 11th, 2014 at 5:44:00 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
Two interesting stories that caught my eye.
Not really news, one is simply interesting, the other one, hilarious.

Ted Cruz booed at a Christian conference so he just walks out. Fascinating.
I saw the headline and I'm like, wtf, so I clicked.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/ted-cruz-booed-off-stage-at-middle-east-christian-conference-video/

Now for hilarious, Palin family caught up in a huge brawl.
This is Alaska and Sara was so upset, she went to the big ammunition after having her family kicked out of the party.
“Don’t you know who I am!”
the reported come back
“This isn’t some damned Hillbilly reality show!”
http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/11/palin-family-allegedly-involved-in-a-brawl/
Poor Sara, no influence, guy she supports for Alaska Senator loses to a write in.
She supports the same guy again, loses primary.

What is the problem with Sara Palin?

I voted for her, for governor.

So I went and read the link. Its Alaska, it's different there, and there is little I can do to explain what different is. Maybe if I just said it's the final frontier or the wild west that might help for a one line explanation.

It might be in many ways what America was in the 50's. The way I read this quip from some blogger, it looked like the Palin family didn't think they were to good to go to one of the "little peoples' party's. Do you ever see the Bush's or Clintons going anywhere without an army of secret service? Good for them. If you read it, Track went in there to have a talk with someone who had dated his sister. Again good for him. It looks I'm guessing here, Sara wasn't letting her son go in alone.

I think she was doing a good job as governor, she was the only one that had stood up to the oil companys in twenty years wanting them to pay a fair royalty, [yes a tax if you must] for the resources being extracted.

She has a lot more courage than Hillary has even flown over or driven by. Remember Hillary dodging a hail of bullets on the tarmac? [Bosnia '08]

I don't think Sara was ready for prime time and got suckered into running with McCain. Had she known then what she knows now she may have never left the state.

I think Sara deserves a big round of applause and respect for walking into a fight and not letting her son go in alone. That's what family does. She wasn't worried about an election, she did the right thing yet again.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 11th, 2014 at 5:57:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

I think she was doing a good job as governor, she was the only one that had stood up to the oil companys in twenty years wanting them to pay a fair royalty, [yes a tax if you must] for the resources being extracted.

Not a "tax" at all, a royalty and one of the few times the government is entitled to something.

A tax would be if an oil or gas driller put a well on a property and the government charged a fee for doing this. The government is not entitled to that money, only the driller and land mineral owner are.

OTOH if the government owns the land then they are the ones who get the Overriding Royalty Interest (ORRI.) In this case the government is no different than any other mineral owner. They are an owner and not a looter.
The President is a fink.