In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 21st, 2019 at 4:26:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Dalex64
Maybe Latino support of Trump is up, not because of support of the wall, but because of the shutdown.

All those ICE officers not getting paid, hearings delayed and rescheduled, other things falling through the cracks.

How would that be a negative for a legal latino?

Actually that is the kind of statement liberals would claim is "racist" if a conservative said it.
The President is a fink.
January 21st, 2019 at 5:03:49 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Quote: AZDuffman
So you are saying that 66% of latinos voted against him but that has fallen to 58%?

In 2016, 28% of Latinos voted for Trump. In the 2019 PBS/NPR/Marist survey, 27% said they'd definitely vote for Trump in 2020. But it kinda depends on who the Democrats nominate in 2020, don't ya think?

Latinos are disproportionately located in liberal states.

Texas is a liberal state? Texas has 11.1 million Latinos. Arizona is a liberal state? 2 million Latinos live in Arizona. Florida is a liberal state? 4.3 million Latinos live in Florida. Those 3 states account for 50% the Latino population in the U.S.
January 22nd, 2019 at 2:31:19 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Nasty or frugal? Key Democrats out to stop House members from living in offices.

Hard to see why they have a problem with this. Could just be a money-grab for themselves disguised as paying everyone more to live. I do say I would probably bunk in my office to save on DC rent.
The President is a fink.
January 22nd, 2019 at 8:11:30 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
All this talk about latino support for trump reminded me of another poll that was released this week -
"Poll: Trump Approval Down, Slips With Base"

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/17/685539207/poll-trump-approval-down-slips-with-base

numbers are in percent difference in net approval (approve minus disapprove) from Dec 2018 to Jan 2019,

one full example of what that means
white women without a college degree:
Dec 54% approve, 34% disapprove = net +20
Jan 43% approve, 47% disapprove, = net -4
-4 net jan - 20 net dec = -24 net change, which are the numbers below:

Overall -7
Republicans -10
White men without a college degree -7
White evangelicals -13
Suburban men -18
White women without a college degree -24
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 22nd, 2019 at 8:23:07 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Dalex64

one full example of what that means
white women without a college degree:
Dec 54% approve, 34% disapprove = net +20
Jan 43% approve, 47% disapprove, = net -4
-4 net jan - 20 net dec = -24 net change, which are the numbers below:

No big deal as we know those darn white women will just vote how their man tells them to vote!

Meanwhile the Democrats have a woman running who compared ICE to the KKK. And a bunch of others who are trying to figure out how to have a tax rate >100%.

Keep wasting your time with polls form liberal "news" outlets.
The President is a fink.
January 22nd, 2019 at 1:02:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
This Covington kids story has to be
the stupidest thing I've seen in the
last year. Some kid in a MAGA hat
stares down an Indian activist and
the world goes crazy.

We see the whole video and the
kids were the ones being harassed.
I guarantee if this was a Lib kid
being stared down by a Right
wing activist, he'd be in jail for
some kind of child threatening.

This is right up there with 'Hands
up don't shoot!" Those words
were never said, instead the kid
was trying to wrestle the gun away
from the cop.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 22nd, 2019 at 1:15:46 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Evenbob
This Covington kids story has to be
the stupidest thing I've seen in the
last year. Some kid in a MAGA hat
stares down an Indian activist and
the world goes crazy.

We see the whole video and the
kids were the ones being harassed.
I guarantee if this was a Lib kid
being stared down by a Right
wing activist, he'd be in jail for
some kind of child threatening.

This is right up there with 'Hands
up don't shoot!" Those words
were never said, instead the kid
was trying to wrestle the gun away
from the cop.

Limbaugh made a few good point about this today. Libs are going nuts because it has been two years and Trump is still around, and his supporters still support him. They thought he would not have the guts to even show at the debates. They thought he would quit before the inauguration. The "pee tape" was supposed to bring him down. "Russia" was supposed to bring him down. Two years and every last Russia story has come to nothing. Two years AND THE GUY IS STILL HERE!

With this kid the media showed why Rush gave them the nickname "drive-bys." Fake story brings threats of violence. Destroying lives. Media then is like, "uh, sorry. In other news, Trump does.........."

Meanwhile Pelosi has to carter to her wackadoodle base to keep her job. Can you imagine if a Republican disinvited Obama to SOTU? Even during impeachment the GOP invited Clinton. (SCOTUS Boycotted as a group.) Trump has offered pretty much everything they want. Dems wanted a wall a few years ago. Check. Action on so-called "dreamers." Check. More money for immigration courts. Check. But she will not even talk!

I think it is safe to say the Democrats have not been this hostile to a GOP POTUS since Lincoln. (When they fought tooth and nail to keep their slaves.)
The President is a fink.
January 22nd, 2019 at 1:58:59 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I think it is safe to say the Democrats have not been this hostile to a GOP POTUS since Lincoln. (When they fought tooth and nail to keep their slaves.)

If you associate Democrats with slavery why do you keep representing the wrong flag symbol as your avatar on the other site?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 22nd, 2019 at 2:11:23 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Limbaugh made a few good point about this today. Libs are going nuts because it has been two years and Trump is still around, and his supporters still support him. They thought he would not have the guts to even show at the debates. They thought he would quit before the inauguration. The "pee tape" was supposed to bring him down. "Russia" was supposed to bring him down. Two years and every last Russia story has come to nothing. Two years AND THE GUY IS STILL HERE!

With this kid the media showed why Rush gave them the nickname "drive-bys." Fake story brings threats of violence. Destroying lives. Media then is like, "uh, sorry. In other news, Trump does.........."

Meanwhile Pelosi has to carter to her wackadoodle base to keep her job. Can you imagine if a Republican disinvited Obama to SOTU? Even during impeachment the GOP invited Clinton. (SCOTUS Boycotted as a group.) Trump has offered pretty much everything they want. Dems wanted a wall a few years ago. Check. Action on so-called "dreamers." Check. More money for immigration courts. Check. But she will not even talk!

Hardly any mention of the other group that said harsh things around the kids ? The media must have missed or dismissed that entirely?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 22nd, 2019 at 2:12:50 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: rxwine
If you associate Democrats with slavery why do you keep representing the wrong flag symbol as your avatar on the other site?

The last time I saw Dems this hostile was during the Nixon Admin
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"