In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

September 7th, 2018 at 9:31:12 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Dalex64
New trade deal with Mexico, basically a tweaked and revised NAFTA. Mexico paying for a border wall was not part of the new deal.
Trump now, again, says Mexico will pay for the wall, but now he says “It will ultimately be paid for by Mexico.”
Mexico again says they will never pay for a wall.
Trump is again threatening to shut down the government unless WE pay for the wall.

The funniest thing about this
There are conservatives on this board that truly believe Mexico will pay for the wall
ROTFL
Any conservative on this board want to buy a bridge in Brooklyn. :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 7th, 2018 at 9:55:34 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: terapined
College of the Ozarks????????????? Talk about tiny,
I never said anything about it being a major team in any sport. It does seem able to fling press releases though.
September 7th, 2018 at 9:58:18 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
It seems the Sons of Anarchy have morphed into The Mayans and in that manner Mexico may indeed be paying for the wall someday but they will pay with Narco Dollars.
September 7th, 2018 at 10:57:47 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Dalex64
Trump approves plan to continue to stay in Syria indefinately:

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/405532-trump-extends-indefinite-syria-strategy-report

Timeline:
Late March/early April he claimed he wanted out of Syria very soon.

In April, he agreed to leave the troops there until ISIS is defeated, but may have given the military a 6 month deadline to do so.

Now: nope, not out in the next month (the end of that 6 month extension)

Say, what happened to that secret plan to soundly and quickly defeat ISIS?
Trump might have finally got the message that he really isn't the one who is running the show, or more likely never had a clue about what the MIC's intentions really are in MENA. There are articles and pictures galore of McCain flying over to shake hands with the moderate jihadis, the west and Israel providing training, arms and money etc. to ISIS.

The US/ISIL was about to get it's ass handed to them in Idlib, the last stronghold for ISIS, [Al queda] under many names, shortly. It may happen today? The conflict at the margins is really west v east and a dumping and training ground for all the military's. Does anyone really believe the "war" is a civil war, and we are there to defend one group of Jihadi's against Islamic terrorists? pfft.

I think it surprised the military a bit when the green zone was shot at in Iraq a couple days ago, and the Shia [which we installed] in Iraq are becoming more popular than ever. It's hard to tell who the players even are without a whole lot of reading. Ever read the Yinon plan?

I don't like all the killing, but that is actually what humans do, and I like hydrocarbons, so there it is. We must protect the petro dollar at any cost. China is the wild card.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 7th, 2018 at 3:37:26 PM permalink
terapined
WTF
Police officer goes home
Walks into an apartment that she thought was hers
In reality, she walks into a back mans apartment without permission
Sees a black man who happens to be in his own apartment
Who knows what they said to each other but the police office kills the black man in his own apartment
sad

Dallas cop faces manslaughter charge for shooting man in apartment she thought was hers, police chief says
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/06/shooting-reported-cedars-near-dallas-police-headquarters
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 7th, 2018 at 4:17:34 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
WTF
Police officer goes home
Walks into an apartment that she thought was hers
In reality, she walks into a back mans apartment without permission
Sees a black man who happens to be in his own apartment
Who knows what they said to each other but the police office kills the black man in his own apartment
sad

Dallas cop faces manslaughter charge for shooting man in apartment she thought was hers, police chief says
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/06/shooting-reported-cedars-near-dallas-police-headquarters

She'd probably get no less than a manslaughter charge even if he attempted to jump her since it was his place.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 7th, 2018 at 4:26:44 PM permalink
terapined
I know conservatives are angry about Nike
but
bottom line
They are no different then any other company in America
Its all about the scratch, moola, cash ect

Nike's online sales surge in days after Kaepernick ad debut
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/nikes-online-sales-surge-in-days-after-kaepernick-ad-debut.html
September 7th, 2018 at 8:28:01 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I know conservatives are angry about Nike
but
bottom line
They are no different then any other company in America
Its all about the scratch, moola, cash ect

Nike's online sales surge in days after Kaepernick ad debut
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/07/nikes-online-sales-surge-in-days-after-kaepernick-ad-debut.html

Nike knew what they were doing. They did the analysis and came the the conclusion they don’t need the MAGA money.

And I can’t blame them. If I ran an apparel company, I would not want to cater to a bunch of obese rednecks!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
September 7th, 2018 at 8:55:41 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: ams288
.... If I ran an apparel company, I would not want to cater to a bunch of obese rednecks!
How about an accounting company, would you turn their business away?

What about a bakery?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 8th, 2018 at 4:09:35 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: petroglyph
How about an accounting company, would you turn their business away?

What about a bakery?

A bakery? Of course you’d want to cater to obese rednecks, they’d keep you in business!
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman