In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

January 20th, 2018 at 7:59:47 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
Nope, nope, nope, and nope. This is the attitude I was talking about when I say white males are under attack. I do deny it.

You can deny it all you want, doesn't mean you aren't dead wrong.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
January 20th, 2018 at 8:00:12 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Face

What bothers me is how it's affecting those around me. The reason I (perhaps unfairly) singled out AZD is because the shift I believe I saw in his person mirrors that which I see among those in my real life. I had someone in my house just last week that asked what I was doing for "Nigger Day". Like, wtf? Why would you say something like that? Because they do! Who? BLM, all those f#$%s...

I with no question at all get what AZD said. It IS tiring hearing that YOU (one's self) is the problem, the enemy, or needs to be taken down a peg. It is hard, even for this half breed, to try to be non judgemental to those of different color, while your own color seems to be under attack. It's hard, even as a pro-women defender such as myself, to listen to these hyper feminists cry about the patriarchy and look in my direction with derision. I fully and completely understand his stance of feeling persecuted and enjoying the pushback we're seeing with Trump and guys like him.

I've been singled out all my life, I can handle it. But back to the issue at hand. But you might need to get used to things as they are.

The real venom in the USA hit when Bush43 was elected. Gore failed in stealing an election. Liberals never accepted the loss. Bush was called "illegitimate." We were told he was "appointed, not elected," or "SCOTUS elected him." After 2004 we heard that Diebold "fixed the machines Ohio." Not to mention how we heard he was "stupid" over, over, and over.

Obama came along and the media and the left fell into the "you cannot criticize a Black" mode that we have seen all too often. The GOP by and large treated Obama the same way that the liberals treated Bush. Obama was treated the way *he* treated Bush, remember, Obama refused to vote to raise the debt ceiling, among other partisan maneuvers. Now the shoe was on the other foot.

Enter Trump. Starting around when Bush came in, the media more and more were more overt in their bias. By the time Obama came along, it was so bad that we might as well have had Pravda. The NYT gave push to McCain in the primaries only to run a hit piece nearly the moment after he sewed up the nomination. Obama went to a racist church that would have sank a white politician. Oh, yeah, Obama bragged about cocaine use, getting a big "meh" in coverage. McCain stood around for all of it like a statue.

Trump saw all of this and learned. I will concede that he breaks every political rule in the book. But I am happy because people who break the rules like he did win. He just energized part of society, same as Obama did the opposite part of society 8 years before.

It will flip back. the next liberal will be bombastic in the Trump mold. You are on a trend towards societal conflict that is 50 years in the making. The resentment among sectors of society is very real. I have seen graffiti calling for death to various whites in gentrifying neighborhoods. At the same time, I have dealt with blacks who do not want to travel in white rural areas after dark (same as you would keep out of Harlem.) I have had black, female co-workers tell me my helping them in a training was not wanted, they wanted the instructor. White males are practically not wanted on a college campus. They have gotten the message and are leaving.

I restate my prediction for a bloody 2020s.
The President is a fink.
January 20th, 2018 at 8:27:48 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Obama went to a racist church that would have sank a white politician. Oh, yeah, Obama bragged about cocaine use, getting a big "meh" in coverage[.

Obama was a chain smoker his
first term in office and the media
said not a word. Trump is 71 and
has 30 pounds to lose and all we
hear all week is he's morbidly obese,
has heart disease, and will drop
dead any minute. Such utter crap.

And I don't agree there will be a
bombastic Leftie that comes along.
Trump is unique in his communication
style, his type is very rare. Scott
Adams was a lifetime Leftie who
has lost all his friends because
he's bewitched by Trump. He says
he's a true genius when it comes
to persuasion and swaying people
to his side.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2018 at 11:12:58 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
He is 6'3"* tall and 239* pounds, exactly one inch or one pound within normal healthy bmi. Why would he need to lose 30 pounds?

* According to him and contrary to photographic evidence.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
January 20th, 2018 at 11:31:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64
He is 6'3"* tall and 239* pounds, exactly one inch or one pound within normal healthy bmi..

According to everybody who's spoken that
knows the Dr from the Obama years and
the Bush years, he's as honorable a man
as they come. Nobody has a bad word
to say about him, the exact opposite,
in fact. But never mind that, he threw all
his integrity out the window and fudged
the medical report just so he wouldn't
have to use the word obese.

Really? I mean, c'mon, really? He's a
distinguished admiral who's had a
stellar career and he would lose his
reputation forever if somebody just
sneaked up on Trump with a tape
measure. You people are so desparate
it's an embarrassment that grows by
the day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 20th, 2018 at 11:34:11 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Obama came along and the media and the left fell into the "you cannot criticize a Black" mode that we have seen all too often. The GOP by and large treated Obama the same way that the liberals treated Bush. Obama was treated the way *he* treated Bush, remember, Obama refused to vote to raise the debt ceiling, among other partisan maneuvers. Now the shoe was on the other foot.

This is also when the voting fraud conspiracies occurred along with the birther movement. You can't deny that the GOP and right had their own agenda.

Quote: AZ
Trump saw all of this and learned. I will concede that he breaks every political rule in the book. But I am happy because people who break the rules like he did win. He just energized part of society, same as Obama did the opposite part of society 8 years before.

We learned that Evangelicals will vote for people with massive sexual improprieties. We learned that black urban voters would not come out in droves to vote for a faulty Clinton.

Quote: AZ
I restate my prediction for a bloody 2020s.

Disagree.
January 20th, 2018 at 11:37:30 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
Quote: Evenbob
According to everybody who's spoken that
knows the Dr from the Obama years and
the Bush years, he's as honorable a man
as they come. Nobody has a bad word
to say about him, the exact opposite,
in fact. But never mind that, he threw all
his integrity out the window and fudged
the medical report just so he wouldn't
have to use the word obese.

Really? I mean, c'mon, really? He's a
distinguished admiral who's had a
stellar career and he would lose his
reputation forever if somebody just
sneaked up on Trump with a tape
measure. You people are so desparate
it's an embarrassment that grows by
the day.

There is a difference between overweight and obese (responding to Dalex). Trump is overweight. Not obese. And nobody cares. I don't blame the doctor for a little bit of public propaganda by dropping the weight by a couple of pounds or making him taller. Because it's no big deal. I am sure he did the same for Obama and Bush. Heck if I had a good relationship with a doctor I might ask him to shave my weight by a few pounds for insurance purposes (if necessary). No biggie.
January 20th, 2018 at 11:42:02 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: boymimbo
There is a difference between overweight and obese (responding to Dalex). Trump is overweight. Not obese. And nobody cares. I don't blame the doctor for a little bit of public propaganda by dropping the weight by a couple of pounds or making him taller. Because it's no big deal. I am sure he did the same for Obama and Bush. Heck if I had a good relationship with a doctor I might ask him to shave my weight by a few pounds for insurance purposes (if necessary). No biggie.

No need to blame the doctor. Trump could have had lifts, or the doctor took his word on his height. He probably did weigh him though

Trump loses water weight (could have sweated out in sauna) or drops laxatives for temp weight loss. Eats light for a few days.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 20th, 2018 at 11:55:26 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
No need to blame the doctor. Trump could have had lifts, or the doctor took his word on his height. He probably did weigh him though
Maybe it was one of his doubles?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 21st, 2018 at 12:42:37 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: boymimbo
I don't blame the doctor for a little bit of public propaganda by dropping the weight by a couple of pounds or making him taller. Because it's no big deal. .

Are you joking? It would be a HUGE deal
for the doctor, his integrity and reputation
would be ruined. I have known several
doctors personally and they take this
stuff very seriously. Who they are and
how they're perceived is a big part of
their profession.