In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 22nd, 2021 at 3:40:14 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: DRich
When I was young I often worked 80 hour work weeks and was only paid for 40 as I was salaried. To me it was just part of matriculating through the ranks of businesses.

I regularly did 65+ per week though a lot of that was "being there" not super productive. It still wears you down to nothing.
The President is a fink.
March 22nd, 2021 at 3:56:35 PM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
somebody told me once you can schedule people 8 hours or more a day, but you will only get 4 hours of work

I think that is actually right, with exceptions for things like a deadline and a clear set of tasks to accomplish, and not for an indefinite period
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
March 22nd, 2021 at 4:31:46 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Running your own business will test the limits. A pretty cruel boss.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
March 22nd, 2021 at 4:37:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
Running your own business will test the limits. A pretty cruel boss.

Tell me about it. Daily walk and a car wash I was wondering about for years is for sale. But my down is going into a rental next door.
The President is a fink.
March 22nd, 2021 at 5:17:01 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
Tell me about it. Daily walk and a car wash I was wondering about for years is for sale. But my down is going into a rental next door.
Friend of mine bought a car wash just to flip it. When he got it he found out the guys family had been embezzling so much money that it was losing. When he straightened out the books it was a money making machine and he's kept it.
March 22nd, 2021 at 5:26:30 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Friend of mine bought a car wash just to flip it. When he got it he found out the guys family had been embezzling so much money that it was losing. When he straightened out the books it was a money making machine and he's kept it.

The trick is probably half of them people are skimming money from them the other half are laundering money thru them.

The President is a fink.
March 22nd, 2021 at 5:26:43 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

I believe one of my dreams as a child was to own the bubble gum machines. I imagine the market was already pretty well covered even then.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 22nd, 2021 at 9:12:50 PM permalink
Mooseton
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
Looks like I will get the stimulus Wednesday.

Looks like I’ll get screwed again. Damn this hurts. Where did I go wrong? I pay my taxes as always and have to watch everyone get my tax $ even if I’m just squeaking by. Didn’t get it last year and won’t get it this year. Gamblers are truly getting pounded.
March 22nd, 2021 at 9:40:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine
I believe one of my dreams as a child was to own the bubble gum machines. I imagine the market was already pretty well covered even then.
I used to chew gum out of those machines. It doesn't sound so attractive now.
March 23rd, 2021 at 4:29:55 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Quote: Mooseton
Looks like I’ll get screwed again. Damn this hurts. Where did I go wrong? I pay my taxes as always and have to watch everyone get my tax $ even if I’m just squeaking by. Didn’t get it last year and won’t get it this year. Gamblers are truly getting pounded.
AGI too high?
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]