In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 11th, 2021 at 4:37:34 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
But he loves abortion so the #metoo crowd will stay silent.

Wrong again!

The #metoo crowd is calling for him to resign.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
March 11th, 2021 at 4:37:57 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
But he loves abortion so the #metoo crowd will stay silent.

Dude, it's on national news...how is that staying silent?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 11th, 2021 at 4:42:04 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: SOOPOO
6th woman now says Cuomo fondled her. He continues ‘I never touched anyone inappropriately.’ It is hard to believe, but he just passed Spitzer.....

The Lt. Governor is a woman from Buffalo area. She has been in hiding since this scandal started, not responding to the press at all. It just smells so bad....

For the time being, it seems that she is anonymous and her anonymous allegation is that the event took place in the Governor's mansion---and the two were alone. I think we know what that means---no possible evidence that it actually happened.

That said, I think it's pretty obvious that he has enough in terms of inappropriate conduct with staffers (just with what he essentially admitted to) that the calls for him to resign aren't completely unreasonable. I just tend to wonder if any more are going to come out of the woodwork alleging physical contact. You'll note that the one thing he said in his own defense (prior to this claim) is that he never actually touched anyone inappropriately.

It's like, "Okay, let's get someone to clear this bar now."

I mean, they did the same thing with Kavanaugh, so at least that would be consistent...which is more than I can usually say for them. Bunch of claims, no proof. Of course, these claims aren't more than a quarter of a century old, so at least that's an improvement.

Oh, and the Tara Reade thing with Biden where they immediately went to challenging her credibility. Another claim for which no evidence is possible and what evidence was mentioned basically contradicted her account. That was a bit of a different standard as the Left immediately accepted every word against Kavanaugh as incontrovertible proof unto itself.

I'm not defending Cuomo as I think he definitely said some inappropriate things to staffers, I just feel like individual claims that are not admitted should come with some form of evidence.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 11th, 2021 at 5:31:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
Dude, it's on national news...how is that staying silent?

Where are the #metoos who complained about Trump? Honestly I have tuned most news out of my daily life, but has NOW called for him to resign? Has Hillary Clinton called for him to resign? Are any females who came out against Trump calling for him to resign?

So far it is the same story as always, if you love abortion then feminists will let you do what you will to women.
The President is a fink.
March 11th, 2021 at 5:43:38 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
It smells bad
Curious
You believe these accusers but not the Trump accusers

I believe many of the Trump accusers. I believe Stormy. The difference is that Cuomo was already governor, was using government property, and the accusers were all Democrat staffers (one I am not sure about... the one at the wedding, but I’d bet she is a Dem...). Once it became clear that Trump was willing to pay small amounts of hush money (low hundreds of thousands) I would expect the motives of new accusers to be in question. The Cuomo accusers before this mess would have been in the Venn diagram circle of his biggest supporters.

And I always end with this.... I never use Trump as the ‘bar’ with which I judge the propriety of things.

I think Cuomo should be impeached and removed, because his improprieties took place on government property with government employees. As best I can remember, Trump’s similar accusations were all from before he was President.
March 11th, 2021 at 10:13:11 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Mission146

I mean, they did the same thing with Kavanaugh, so at least that would be consistent...which is more than I can usually say for them.

The bar is already pretty low for politicians and most appointments. I mean, ambassadors anyone?

I’m fine with them screaming at Supreme Court appts all the way back to something they did in childhood. Plus these are elite lifetime appts. It’s a pretty damn fine job.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2021 at 10:19:24 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Candace Owen's said Meghan Markle is not black enough to experience racism
Hey Candace
You dont have to be Black to experience racism

Meghan Markle said she was having suicidal thoughts
Piers Morgan said she is lying
WTF
Mental health is a serious issue
WTF is wrong with Piers.
It's the sickest reaction I have ever heard regarding somebody's mental health
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 11th, 2021 at 11:06:08 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Google is announcing the next steps in its plan to disrupt the world of education, including the launch of new certificate programs that are designed to help people bridge any skills gap and get qualifications in high-paying, high-growth job fields--with one noteworthy feature:

No college degree necessary.

The new tools could be a game-changer for a growing number of people who consider the current educational system broken, or for the millions of Americans who are currently unemployed, much due to fallout from the Covid-19 pandemic.

"The pandemic has led to a truly horrible year," Alphabet and Google CEO Sundar Picha tells Inc. in an interview. "But it has also created profound shifts along the journey to digital transformation in ways no one could have imagined."

The plan includes:
The release of three new Google Career Certificates on Coursera in Project Management, Data Analytics, and User Experience (UX) Design
A new Associate Android Developer Certification course
Over 100,000 need-based scholarships
Partnerships with over 130 employers working with Google to hire graduates of its certificate program
A new Google Search feature that makes it easier for people to find jobs for their education level, including no degree and no experience
Most enrollees will finish in six months or less, putting the cost at about $240 for U.S. students. Some may need only three months, cutting that cost in half. Google is offering 100,000 need-based scholarships in the U.S.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2021 at 12:45:11 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Quote: rxwine
The bar is already pretty low for politicians and most appointments. I mean, ambassadors anyone?

I’m fine with them screaming at Supreme Court appts all the way back to something they did in childhood. Plus these are elite lifetime appts. It’s a pretty damn fine job.

It's okay if you have something that's even remotely provable. Maybe something with even the tiniest shred of evidence aside from the claim itself. Even if I lean towards believing that something happened to Blasey Ford, she's lacking for so many details that you'd almost have to have blind faith. It certainly doesn't disprove her story, but it doesn't help that the account lacks a specific place or date---therefore making an alibi impossible.

The Ramirez claim basically amounts to him whipping out his cock-a-doodle-doo at a college party over thirty years ago. I mean, come on. Even if you accept that claim as 100% true, which it could very well be, does one drunken moment at a college party really have any bearing on his ability to adjudicate?

Although, I guess SCOTUS might be where the line is drawn. None of the accusers seemed overly concerned with him being a Federal Judge.

I'm not even getting into the Swetnick stuff because not only is it ridiculous, but not saying anything (at the time) about what she claimed was going on would essentially make her an accessory to it.
March 11th, 2021 at 12:47:01 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Where are the #metoos who complained about Trump? Honestly I have tuned most news out of my daily life, but has NOW called for him to resign? Has Hillary Clinton called for him to resign? Are any females who came out against Trump calling for him to resign?

So far it is the same story as always, if you love abortion then feminists will let you do what you will to women.

I don't know, maybe some of the ones to complain about Trump are also complaining about this. I've got to be honest, I haven't really invested a ton of time into deeply researching this one.

Why are you worried about what Hillary Clinton thinks? If I had to make a list of the most relevant Democratic political personalities in 2021, she probably wouldn't crack my Top 100. Does she even speak publicly that often anymore?