In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 9th, 2021 at 4:30:19 AM permalink
Tanko
Threads: 0
Tough week for Elon Musk. He lost $25 billion of his personal fortune, after Tesla lost one-third of its value for the third time in a year.

Jeremy Grantham said, "if you're looking for the very early warning signs of the bubble breaking, you’ll find the stocks that have done the best. SPACS, Tesla and Bitcoin. And they have these big daily drops and they recover, and they have drops and they recover. That is a very early warning."

Here' Musk in 1999 receiving his $1,000,000 McLaren F1, which he later wrecked while uninsured.

March 9th, 2021 at 4:33:02 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman

I'd buy this line if the teachers were teaching this. But they are not. Suburban schools are mixed but seem to do a decent job. Urban schools are wastelands that put out the example we saw above. The real question is why the suburban/urban divide?

What is money, AZDuffman?
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 9th, 2021 at 5:29:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
What is money, AZDuffman?

You mean conceptually?
The President is a fink.
March 9th, 2021 at 5:36:33 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
You mean conceptually?

No, I mean money is the reason for the divide.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
March 9th, 2021 at 5:41:18 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Mission146
No, I mean money is the reason for the divide.

How so? Most cities spend a fortune educating students. Often more than they do in the suburbs or out in the country. They keep spending more and more money yet get the same results.

Or take it further. The USA spends so much on education, more than so many countries, yet we are just middle of the pack in results.
The President is a fink.
March 9th, 2021 at 6:05:35 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
How so? Most cities spend a fortune educating students. Often more than they do in the suburbs or out in the country. They keep spending more and more money yet get the same results.

Or take it further. The USA spends so much on education, more than so many countries, yet we are just middle of the pack in results.

I don't necessarily mean the money that the schools have. It's general socio-economic conditions for a given area, which is why many states with disproportionately large amounts of rural area also tend to perform poorly, at least, in states that are generally more poor.
March 9th, 2021 at 6:46:14 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Tanko
Tough week for Elon Musk. He lost $25 billion of his personal fortune, after Tesla lost one-third of its value for the

Tough week?????????
It was way way overpriced
I buy stock and no way I was touching it
Even a ploppie like me could see it was way over valued
Does anybody really believe Tesla is more valuable then the 3 biggest automakers combined
Its a no brainer it was going to fall
I bought Ford over the summer. Its crushing. Love my F150
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 9th, 2021 at 8:42:46 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Reading about the Royals
I think its great Meghan and Harry left
The whole institution is total BS

I see foxnews taking the anti Meghan route with this
"Meghan Markle's father defends British royals in first interview"
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/markles-father-says-british-royals-are-not

WTF
Meghan's father doesn't know jack about the Royals
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 9th, 2021 at 8:43:19 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Tough week?????????
It was way way overpriced
I buy stock and no way I was touching it
Even a ploppie like me could see it was way over valued
Does anybody really believe Tesla is more valuable then the 3 biggest automakers combined
Its a no brainer it was going to fall
I bought Ford over the summer. Its crushing. Love my F150

Close to everyone believes TSLA is worth more than Ford, GM, and whatever is the third combined. Ford and GM combined are a measly 130 billion. TSLA market cap even after steep decline 600 billion. Ed... it is not even close! If I offered you 1% ownership of either Ford plus GM, or 1% ownership of TSLA... never mind.... Ford is literally tip money for TSLA.

Now... as far as your point about TSLA being overvalued.. I can’t argue with you there. But I thought it was overvalued many hundred billion ago....
March 9th, 2021 at 1:24:56 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
I fully support Little Marco on this issue!!

“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman