In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

March 9th, 2021 at 5:09:40 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: ams288
I fully support Little Marco on this issue!!

Now that I am retired
This is meaningless
What daylight I get, I get. I dont care what time it is
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 10th, 2021 at 11:00:23 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
Wall Street A-Listers Fled to Florida. Many Now Eye a Return

“The main problem with moving to Florida is that you have to live in Florida,” said Jason Mudrick, who oversees $3 billion at Mudrick Capital Management and has resided in Manhattan for more than two decades.

“New York has the smartest, most driven people, the best culture, the best restaurants and the best theaters,” he said. “Anyone moving to Florida to save a little money loses out on all of that.”

Read more: As Wall Street Heads South, Florida Gets a Gold-Plated Makeover

Story on Bloomberg.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 10th, 2021 at 12:32:41 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: rxwine
Story on Bloomberg.

I grew up in NYC. It is not an ‘easy’ place to live. The best restaurants are ridiculously expensive. Same with the best theatre. For me, visiting a few times a year is enough. Then you don’t have to deal with daily hassles of subways, crime, congestion, traffic, pollution. Right before pandemic had plan to go for 3 nights. Theatre each night. Museums during the day. WTC. Times Square hotel. But after my 3 days I am happy to get home. I really think I wouldn’t want to live there unless I had 7 figures a year to make things comfortable.
March 10th, 2021 at 1:22:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: SOOPOO
I grew up in NYC. It is not an ‘easy’ place to live. The best restaurants are ridiculously expensive. Same with the best theatre. For me, visiting a few times a year is enough. Then you don’t have to deal with daily hassles of subways, crime, congestion, traffic, pollution. Right before pandemic had plan to go for 3 nights. Theatre each night. Museums during the day. WTC. Times Square hotel. But after my 3 days I am happy to get home. I really think I wouldn’t want to live there unless I had 7 figures a year to make things comfortable.

The sad part in NYC thinks they have it all and that people will put up with all the bad parts for those so-called amenities. I doubt 90% of the people there hit one Broadway show a year. Most cities have some kind of off-Broadway equivalent. I still wish I hit the one in Rochester. But in a Rochester you probably spend $30 all-in for the show. In NYC even the off-Boradway still costs because just getting there or/and parking is a huge cost.

What NYC has for finance right now is density of finance people and funds. That will change the more and more the NY tax shakedown continues.
The President is a fink.
March 10th, 2021 at 5:23:29 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
6th woman now says Cuomo fondled her. He continues ‘I never touched anyone inappropriately.’ It is hard to believe, but he just passed Spitzer.....

The Lt. Governor is a woman from Buffalo area. She has been in hiding since this scandal started, not responding to the press at all. It just smells so bad....
March 10th, 2021 at 6:22:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
6th woman now says Cuomo fondled her. He continues ‘I never touched anyone inappropriately.’ It is hard to believe, but he just passed Spitzer.....

The Lt. Governor is a woman from Buffalo area. She has been in hiding since this scandal started, not responding to the press at all. It just smells so bad....

It smells bad
Curious
You believe these accusers but not the Trump accusers
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
March 10th, 2021 at 7:26:43 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: terapined
It smells bad

I was watching bad tv today and a quote was "You don't have to go to Detroit to know that it smells bad." I like that quote but to me New Orleans is a city that smells like piss and vomit.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
March 10th, 2021 at 10:32:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The US may be doing some payback though I doubt if it will ever be officially confirmed.

Quote:
Over the past few weeks, three of the longest running and most venerated Russian-language online forums serving thousands of experienced cybercriminals have been hacked. In two of the intrusions, the attackers made off with the forums’ user databases, including email and Internet addresses and hashed passwords. Members of all three forums are worried the incidents could serve as a virtual Rosetta Stone for connecting the real-life identities of the same users across multiple crime forums.

Quote:
A note posted by a Verified forum administrator concerning the hack of its registrar in January.

“Our [bitcoin] wallet has been cracked. Luckily, we did not keep large amounts in it, but this is an unpleasant incident anyway. Once the circumstances became clear, the admin assumed that THEORETICALLY, all the forum’s accounts could have been compromised

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/03/three-top-russian-cybercrime-forums-hacked/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
March 11th, 2021 at 2:39:11 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135

But he loves abortion so the #metoo crowd will stay silent.
The President is a fink.
March 11th, 2021 at 4:35:59 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23

I've been in NYC for approximately twenty minutes. I'm good. New York City is a weird country.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman