In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

November 19th, 2014 at 11:06:21 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Presidents change their mind all the time.
One of the biggies of all time.
Richard Nixon, one of the biggest anti-communists on the political landscape at the time, goes to CHINA.

The difference is there is nothing unconstitutional about a POTUS traveling to another country. However, a POTUS cannot just suspend and change laws because he wants to capture a demographic to vote for his party in the future.

Perhaps the Feds will let me hang their old copy of the Constitution in my living room, since they are not using it anymore.......
The President is a fink.
November 19th, 2014 at 7:21:07 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
The difference is there is nothing unconstitutional about a POTUS traveling to another country. However, a POTUS cannot just suspend and change laws because he wants to capture a demographic to vote for his party in the future.

Perhaps the Feds will let me hang their old copy of the Constitution in my living room, since they are not using it anymore.......

I applaud Nixon for going to China. That was huge back then.
Are the republicans going to deal with the Immigration situation or just more "no" and the status quo?

Was just reading about John Kasich at the Republican Gov meeting. I have to say I am impressed.
What do you on the right think of him? Not right enough?
By the way Rand Paul still intrigues me. I support his position that the NSA should not be spying on us. Go Rand:-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 20th, 2014 at 3:06:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
I applaud Nixon for going to China. That was huge back then.
Are the republicans going to deal with the Immigration situation or just more "no" and the status quo?

I will take more "no" to amnesty any day. We need to secure the border, something the left laughs at and says it will not work. I would for a start:

1. Instead of advertising food stamps in Mexico make them for citizens or at least legal residents only, apply as an illegal and deportation
2. No drivers licenses for illegals, I mean WTF are people thinking?
3. Start withholding federal aid to "sanctuary cities."
4. Big penalties for banks that do business with illegals. Have an I-9 type form where you have to prove you are here legally. The more they are locked out of the system the harder it is to stay.
5. No school for the kids.
6. Faster deportation hearings, within 30 days.
7. Guest-worker program for seasonal agricultural workers during harvest season with strong check in-check out procedures.
8. Flip the legal immigration quotas from the current low-skill favor to favor those with high--skills We need more doctors and fewer lawn workers.

This is just a start, but will never happen as the current POTUS does not understand how to work with congress.
The President is a fink.
November 20th, 2014 at 9:36:52 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: AZDuffman
I will take more "no" to amnesty any day. We need to secure the border, something the left laughs at and says it will not work. I would for a start:

Quote:
1. Instead of advertising food stamps in Mexico make them for citizens or at least legal residents only, apply as an illegal and deportation
I read plenty of stuff that strikes me as bizarre. There are also US taxpayer websites, and radio broadcasts explaining how non US citizens can sign up for these benefits.
Quote:
2. No drivers licenses for illegals, I mean WTF are people thinking?
This one I don't understand. I want to know that every one driving in country has passed some kind of driver test and has auto insurance. Why not test, license and force them to be photo ID'd? If they can't get legal driving licenses and insurance, my belief is they will drive without them and wreak havoc.

Quote:
4. Big penalties for banks that do business with illegals. Have an I-9 type form where you have to prove you are here legally. The more they are locked out of the system the harder it is to stay.
If the money is in the bank [as much as I dislike banks] the capitol can be monitored more closely. Records would help to make sure non residents working in country pay their share of child support etc. Why should illegals get out of helping me pay for banker bonuses? I am sure Iran is sorry they ever placed money in our tbtf banks.

Quote:
7. Guest-worker program for seasonal agricultural workers during harvest season with strong check in-check out procedures.
I agree wholeheartedly. There is no possible reason to let non criminal people die from the horrors we are all aware of crossing the desert [ on our southern border] I would like more monitoring of the underground economy, and think many that are on the Gov. dole need to go to work somewhere, 47 million on ebt is ridiculous with 15-30 million illegal workers able to.
Quote:
8. Flip the legal immigration quotas from the current low-skill favor to favor those with high--skills We need more doctors and fewer lawn workers.
I am not aware on any restrictions on these professions. I see foreign doctors here in Havasu now.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 21st, 2014 at 12:10:17 AM permalink
beernuts
Threads: 0
Quote: rxwine
AC/DC drummer Phil Rudd has been bailed to a Tauranga address after being charged with attempting to procure two murders.

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/ac-dc-drummer-phil-rudd-accused-ordering-two-hits-6124495

ACDC rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's see if I can post a video correctly

November 21st, 2014 at 12:17:50 AM permalink
beernuts
Threads: 0
Here's a funny story I saw today, I can't believe Michael Phelphs got caught doing some freak! hahahahaha

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/11/20/michael-phelps-reaction-dating-taylor-lianne-chandler
November 21st, 2014 at 3:01:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: petroglyph
I read plenty of stuff that strikes me as bizarre. There are also US taxpayer websites, and radio broadcasts explaining how non US citizens can sign up for these benefits.

All should be closed.

Quote:
This one I don't understand. I want to know that every one driving in country has passed some kind of driver test and has auto insurance. Why not test, license and force them to be photo ID'd? If they can't get legal driving licenses and insurance, my belief is they will drive without them and wreak havoc.

Go to Mexico without a visa. Apply for a divers license, tell them you need it to get to your job which you also have illegally. See what happens.

It is common sense that if you are illegal in the USA you are not supposed to be driving or getting insurance at all. So why on earth should the state license you?

Quote:
If the money is in the bank [as much as I dislike banks] the capitol can be monitored more closely. Records would help to make sure non residents working in country pay their share of child support etc. Why should illegals get out of helping me pay for banker bonuses? I am sure Iran is sorry they ever placed money in our tbtf banks.

The idea is to make it so hard and unpleasant to be an illegal that they follow the law to come here. Same way we hurt rouge nations by locking them out of the banking system. End enabling behavior to help end the problem.

Quote:
I am not aware on any restrictions on these professions. I see foreign doctors here in Havasu now.

We have one party calling for open borders and offering up a welfare state to come. Any sane nation limits immigration and prioritizes based on skills. We do not prioritize. That is what I am talking about.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2014 at 2:18:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Bears track hunters.

Quote:
In the most clearly detailed example, a group of hunters turned on their GPS devices moments after leaving a parking area at around 6 a.m. When scientists analyzed their movements later and contrasted them with those of a nearby grizzly, it became clear the bear was tailing them.

The bruin stayed downwind of the hunters, at one point coming within 100 yards of them as they moved around a lake. At around noon, the bear bedded down for a nap, but easily picked up the hunters’ trail again when it awoke, according to the report. Grizzly bears’ have a sense of smell seven times greater than that of a bloodhound, and 100 times that of a human by some estimates. Grizzlies also possess a Jacobson’s organ in the roof of their mouth that can detect heavier moisture-borne odors.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2014/11/24/gps-study-tracks-grizzlies-as-follow-hunters/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 26th, 2014 at 1:06:42 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Pardoning turkeys seems like a strange practice to foreigners.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/afp/article-2850811/The-strange-tale-pardoned-White-House-turkeys.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 26th, 2014 at 6:59:22 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: rxwine
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW