In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

May 14th, 2020 at 12:25:01 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: petroglyph
He has earned a benefit, why should be not enjoy collecting not only what he's worked for and paid for in lieu of wages, but your government has decided he deserves a bonus. What's not to enjoy?

Three months ago when everything was normal, 30 people every day starved to death, did you grieve for them, or enjoy your food?

One of the mantras that the left screams about global warming is 'you are mortgaging your kids/grandkids future'. The way the government debt is being added now it will take decades to clear debt with the seriously damaged economy we will emerge with. Those that are taking money they don't need are adding needlessly to this debt, easier than composting your garbage if you don't apply you won't get it. Just say no to the handouts 'you are mortgaging your kids/grandkids future'
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
May 14th, 2020 at 12:59:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
He has earned a benefit, why should be not enjoy collecting not only what he's worked for and paid for in lieu of wages, but your government has decided he deserves a bonus. What's not to enjoy?

Three months ago when everything was normal, 30 people every day starved to death, did you grieve for them, or enjoy your food?

The issue is he is relaxing on the dole and telling people who are hurting to go eat cake.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2020 at 1:03:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: kenarman
One of the mantras that the left screams about global warming is 'you are mortgaging your kids/grandkids future'. The way the government debt is being added now it will take decades to clear debt with the seriously damaged economy we will emerge with. Those that are taking money they don't need are adding needlessly to this debt, easier than composting your garbage if you don't apply you won't get it. Just say no to the handouts 'you are mortgaging your kids/grandkids future'

We will not pay it back. It will be inflated away. In a generation the average person will need to make $400,000 a year to earn a middle class living and minimum wage will go to $70/hr. Then the debt will be serviceable. Sheep will marvel at it.
The President is a fink.
May 14th, 2020 at 1:44:07 PM permalink
Shrek
Threads: 6

+1,000!

Quote: AZDuffman
The issue is he is relaxing on the dole and telling people who are hurting to go eat cake.
+1,000 again!
May 14th, 2020 at 5:34:31 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

I don't have any kids so no grandchildren
I would vote for anybody that will balance the budget regardless of party.
I think I deserve what I am getting. Worked my whole life. Never applied for unemployment until now.
I a going to collect what the govt determines I am entitled too. No fraud. Just an honest person that got furloughed and now transitioning to retirement.
I am gonna sit back and enjoy life and do the stuff I could not do working
I played golf today
I plan on travelling across the country with an RV
In Tampa now, plan is to winter in Arizona as I slowly make my way out there. Its an adventure
Life is good
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
May 14th, 2020 at 6:06:00 PM permalink
kenarman
Quote: terapined

I would vote for anybody that will balance the budget regardless of party.
I think I deserve what I am getting. Worked my whole life. Never applied for unemployment until now.

So you don't want to do your part to balance the budget unless you are forced to by the government.

What a hypocrite you are no different that a pork barrel politician just on a smaller scale. Unemployment INSURANCE was not designed to let people retire early. I hope you enjoy your trip and retirement but do it on your own resources not scamming government programs.
May 14th, 2020 at 6:07:19 PM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
What a hypocrite you are no different that a pork barrel politician just on a smaller scale. Unemployment INSURANCE was not designed to let people retire early. I hope you enjoy your trip and retirement but do it on your own resources not scamming government programs.

Aren’t you Canadian? Why do you care? lol

Also, calm down.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
May 14th, 2020 at 6:10:19 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
I didn't filter my post through a political lens.

IIRC, when the shutdown first started, TP's employer kept paying for awhile, expecting that business would return to normal again and they would then need their best employers. TP's always shown a willingness to work, and even return if he had that chance. It is for people like that that UI was designed for. As chronology would have it, he is right close to retirement age and has worked for that also.

The way I see it, [politics aside], might as well try and be happy instead of miserable. He doesn't seem to have went the children route in his life, worked for many years and paid his lifes dues. If not now when? Misery will come regardless, may as well swing clubs if that is what he likes and listen to rock and roll. Other than the constant right bashing, he seems fairly harmless. I have no desire to see him punished.

As far as great great great grandkids paying for this, I have made those statements here as well. Many times have I barked that my government wastes trillions upon trillions of dollars on unnecessary wars, there is nothing tp can do or a million tp's can do to stop the insane spending.

The Federal Reserve is now illegally buying junk bonds from the same banks that collapsed the world economy in 07. They have looted the free world for the benefit of the already obscenely wealthy. The debt piled up since 8/19 let alone 2007, will never ever be paid back. I read the interest on the debt is now one trillion per year. A trillion dollars in interest paid the the big banks that through fraud destroyed the free world.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/05/meet-the-feds-global-plunge-protection-team/

"Also remember this, the Fed and foreign central banks were also working in collusion during the devastating financial crisis of 2007 to 2010. That didn’t prevent a dramatic wipeout in the stock market and U.S. economy. In fact, there are a growing number of Fed watchers who are rightfully questioning if this isn’t Part II of the last crisis – held off this long by debt-fueled spending and money creation out of thin air by the Fed and its foreign central bank collaborators."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 14th, 2020 at 6:20:25 PM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
Quote: ams288
Aren’t you Canadian? Why do you care? lol

Also, calm down.

I am pretty sure he is the same guy who says Canada should keep their State Healthcare because it is their right, while saying The United States should not have government programs because it would cause an increase in taxes (that would not affect him at all....)

It's easy to sacrifice when you are asking other countries to sacrifice...

It's a trend of conservatives, benefits they have they are entitled to, everyone else is a mooch....
May 14th, 2020 at 6:32:22 PM permalink
kenarman
I didn't filter my post through a political lens.

IIRC, when the shutdown first started, TP's employer kept paying for awhile, expecting that business would return to normal again and they would then need their best employers. TP's always shown a willingness to work, and even return if he had that chance. It is for people like that that UI was designed for. As chronology would have it, he is right close to retirement age and has worked for that also.

The way I see it, [politics aside], might as well try and be happy instead of miserable. He doesn't seem to have went the children route in his life, worked for many years and paid his lifes dues. If not now when? Misery will come regardless, may as well swing clubs if that is what he likes and listen to rock and roll. Other than the constant right bashing, he seems fairly harmless. I have no desire to see him punished.

As far as great great great grandkids paying for this, I have made those statements here as well. Many times have I barked that my government wastes trillions upon trillions of dollars on unnecessary wars, there is nothing tp can do or a million tp's can do to stop the insane spending.

The Federal Reserve is now illegally buying junk bonds from the same banks that collapsed the world economy in 07. They have looted the free world for the benefit of the already obscenely wealthy. The debt piled up since 8/19 let alone 2007, will never ever be paid back. I read the interest on the debt is now one trillion per year. A trillion dollars in interest paid the the big banks that through fraud destroyed the free world.

https://wallstreetonparade.com/2020/05/meet-the-feds-global-plunge-protection-team/

"Also remember this, the Fed and foreign central banks were also working in collusion during the devastating financial crisis of 2007 to 2010. That didn’t prevent a dramatic wipeout in the stock market and U.S. economy. In fact, there are a growing number of Fed watchers who are rightfully questioning if this isn’t Part II of the last crisis – held off this long by debt-fueled spending and money creation out of thin air by the Fed and its foreign central bank collaborators."

I guess the difference is that I'm older than most on this forum. I learned from my parents who lived through the last real depression in the dirty thirties. People survived mostly on their own and with help from the community. Living on the dole wasn't available or expected. I still believe in being self sufficient and living anyway you want but on your own resources. I could have easily applied and received the Canadian funds running like water from the federal government of $2000+ a month. I am not rich but I don't need the money to live and feel that it is no different then stealing the money. Unfortunately I am in the minority and have watched us over the years give more and more to help people and only end up creating more unemployable people trying to help the poor. I am scared to think how many more unemployable we are creating during this crisis giving out so much 'free money'. The cost to the values and fabric of our society from these giveaways is anything but free and will do as much damage as the disease.