In The News Today...

Thread Rating:

February 27th, 2020 at 7:32:28 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
Triggered much?

Not a bit. I have heard people rooting for a downturn in various different places; I feel the same about all of them.

There is a difference between talking about a downturn because one will come/has come at some point and rooting for one.

I am sure you know the difference.
February 27th, 2020 at 7:40:14 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: RonC
Not a bit. I have heard people rooting for a downturn in various different places; I feel the same about all of them.

There is a difference between talking about a downturn because one will come/has come at some point and rooting for one.

That's the problem with Donny always taking credit for the booming stock market over the past three years.

He has to own the crash as well... Can't blame this one on Obama. lol
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 27th, 2020 at 8:04:50 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: ams288
That's the problem with Donny always taking credit for the booming stock market over the past three years.

He has to own the crash as well... Can't blame this one on Obama. lol

There is no question about who would own what happens now, even though we all know Presidents get too much credit or blame for the economy. Some if it may be due to their actions; much of it has do to cycles that happen over time.

That would also be the reason people root for a crash--one would politically hurt the President. They aren't thinking, or are and are just cold hearted, about the hard working middle and lower class folks who will be hurt if the crash goes into the job market. It is like those people are rooting are the same ones they think their candidates will help. Rich people will still be...rich...
February 27th, 2020 at 8:48:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: RonC

It is kind of sick how giddy some are about a chance to blame Trump for something that has nothing to do with him. Chins is overpopulated and still a bit of a Potemkin Village disguising third world conditions in many places. Horrible sanitation. IOW, you do not need to be a genius to see why this stuff so often starts there.

But hey hey let’s blame Trump because he cut some fat off an agency budget. Let’s blame Trump for EVERYTHING even though there is no effect on the USA yet.

It must be sad to have such an empty life these folk have.
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2020 at 9:03:57 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29
Quote: AZDuffman
It is kind of sick how giddy some are about a chance to blame Trump for something that has nothing to do with him. Chins is overpopulated and still a bit of a Potemkin Village disguising third world conditions in many places. Horrible sanitation. IOW, you do not need to be a genius to see why this stuff so often starts there.

But hey hey let’s blame Trump because he cut some fat off an agency budget. Let’s blame Trump for EVERYTHING even though there is no effect on the USA yet.

It must be sad to have such an empty life these folk have.

Seems like you’ve shifted away from your “no one will be talking about this in 3 months” stance...
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
February 27th, 2020 at 10:27:34 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: AZDuffman
It is kind of sick how giddy some are about a chance to blame Trump for something that has nothing to do with him.

Speaking of blaming somebody for something they had nothing to do with, Trump blamed the nearly 2,000 point dip in the stock market on Monday and Tuesday on the Democratic debate that happened Tuesday night, AFTER the markets had closed.

“I think the financial markets are very upset when they look at the Democrat candidates standing on that stage, making fools out of themselves, and they say, ‘If we ever have a president like this,’” Trump said, referring to the most recent Democratic presidential debate held in South Carolina. “When they look at the statements made by the people standing behind those podiums, I think that has a huge effect.”

I guess Trump supporters can't grasp the concept of time.

"I love the poorly educated." - Donald Trump

Yeah, no kidding.
February 27th, 2020 at 10:37:16 AM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: Tripdufan
Speaking of blaming somebody for something they had nothing to do with, Trump blamed the nearly 2,000 point dip in the stock market on Monday and Tuesday on the Democratic debate that happened Tuesday night, AFTER the markets had closed.

“I think the financial markets are very upset when they look at the Democrat candidates standing on that stage, making fools out of themselves, and they say, ‘If we ever have a president like this,’” Trump said, referring to the most recent Democratic presidential debate held in South Carolina. “When they look at the statements made by the people standing behind those podiums, I think that has a huge effect.”

I guess Trump supporters can't grasp the concept of time.

"I love the poorly educated." - Donald Trump

Yeah, no kidding.

What a weak post.... The markets did not need to wait for the actual debate to know who the Democrat clowns running for President are! You think the stock buyers and sellers on Monday morning were wondering..... "I wonder who the Democrat candidates for President are?" You don't think I can find hundreds of bizzaro proposals from ALL the Democrat candidates that pre-date the last debate? You hate Trump so much you scrounge together a few sentences to try and make a post that makes him look bad, but it points right back at you instead. It's getting tiresome responding to you, frankly.
February 27th, 2020 at 10:46:03 AM permalink
Tripdufan
Threads: 0
Quote: SOOPOO
What a weak post.... The markets did not need to wait for the actual debate to know who the Democrat clowns running for President are! You think the stock buyers and sellers on Monday morning were wondering..... "I wonder who the Democrat candidates for President are?" You don't think I can find hundreds of bizzaro proposals from ALL the Democrat candidates that pre-date the last debate? You hate Trump so much you scrounge together a few sentences to try and make a post that makes him look bad, but it points right back at you instead. It's getting tiresome responding to you, frankly.

Speaking of responses, I was responding to AZ's post where he said "It's sad to see people blame Trump for something he has nothing to do with" while at the same time SUPPORTING a man that blames people for soemthing they had nothing do with! The hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Why don't YOU come out and go on the record YOURSELF and tell us what YOU think the nearly 2,000 point in the market was responding to?

The democratic debate that happened AFTER the losses OR the concern the potential pandemic would have on the global economy?

For the record, I don't care if you respond. Shrek isn't around to jerk you off.
February 27th, 2020 at 10:48:20 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: SOOPOO

He beat me to saying the same thing!
The President is a fink.
February 27th, 2020 at 10:50:43 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Tripdufan
Speaking of responses, I was responding to AZ's post where he said "It's sad to see people blame Trump for something he has nothing to do with" while at the same time SUPPORTING a man that blames people for soemthing they had nothing do with! The hypocrisy knows no bounds!

Why don't YOU come out and go on the record YOURSELF and tell us what YOU think the nearly 2,000 point in the market was responding to?

The democratic debate that happened AFTER the losses OR the concern the potential pandemic would have on the global economy?

Do you think the markets wait for one debate? The Democrat Party for over a year has been one candidate after another bragging how they will raise more taxes and make it ever harder to do business. Their favorite to win brags he likes communism. You don’t think that spooks markets?
The President is a fink.